View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #662
GremlinZilla89
Banned User

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
First I will address this.No one is saying Bruce can't erase his existence on paper. He can. The point is that just erasing all documents is futile in today's internet age if you're someone as famous as Bruce Wayne walking around a huge tourist attraction with no disguise on. Not only does it go against all logic of the internet age, but it also goes against the "the world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear" thing established in BB.

Before you accuse others of misreading your posts, make sure you properly understand the posts of the ones you respond to.

First of all, the plane that picked up Bruce Wayne is not the same plane that picked up Batman. The second plane was far bigger than the first.

Second of all, there were no smugglers on the plane Bruce got picked up from (on the boat). I already made that clear. That was the second plane - the one which picked him up with Lau. The one driven by South Korean smugglers. If you're going to ask if they know Bruce is Batman, they don't, since they never see Bruce without the mask off.

And who was piloting it? Umm...a pilot he hired? Where did he take him? Umm...obviously Hong Kong? Ugh, you're reaching for answers to spoon-fed questions.

No it can't. The cops were already there surrounding the building before Batman got there from his duel with the Joker. They already knew there was someone in the building holding Gordon and his family at gunpoint. The Joker was already caught so he had an alibi. The building was surrounded so there was no way in or out, which means any one of Joker's henchmen would have been spotted had they tried to go in or tried to get out. Batman got in because he is the only one physically capable of doing so undetected. Thus the only suspects were Batman and Harvey. There is no way they could have blamed it on any Joker henchman regardless of how much you want to grasp at that straw.

He runs off to let the hospital/police know that they have to move Dent and that's when he gets killed by the Joker.

Yes because all the cops are dead. Courtesy of the Joker.

I'm going to assume you're not too familiar with the Joker then. What you just described is the Joker on a daily basis. The Joker literally does this all the time. He has the tactics and wits to take out entire groups of people just by himself. This will never ever change about the Joker regardless of how realistic a Batman film will get.

The most recent story in the comics where he did this was "Death of the Family". He takes out the power in the GCPD building and then takes out all the cops that are there, sparing only Gordon.

Again, what do you expect from people? Regardless of whatever explanation I give you, you're only to keep repeating that. Like I said, anyone can play the game you're playing. I can point out to any scene in any movie and when I get an explanation for it, I can just brush them off as a blind desperate attempt to defend the movie without anything to back it up.

Seriously. Any movie. You name it and I can point out flaws that aren't really there (or are just nitpicks) and then when I get answers, I can just say "You're trying to rationalize the film". It means nothing.

You still haven't answered my question. What exactly caused the shift from "OMG this is the Holy Grail of movies" (TDK) to TDKR?

BTW I'd like to point out once again that, despite me thinking TDK is "a perfect masterpiece with no flaws", I did point out some flaws in my last post.
I know the planes were different. That is neither here nor there. All that is said is "We'll get the Korean smugglers". Then Bruce is jumping off his yacht full of people and swimming to a sketchy ass plane. Maybe it was somebody totally separate from the smugglers, maybe not. But considering not a single THING is mentioned indicating the plane is something other than the smugglers, we can assume that is what it is.

Batman: "We didn't get here in time. It appears the Jokers men got him before we could stop it."
Gordon: "Yup, what he said."

Bingo, problem solved. Again, Considering what the Joker pulled off in this film would people really say "Nah, The Joker was innocent! He didn't kill Dent! FREE JOKER!!!!"

Two cops to guard the most important man in the city who was already injured by the terrorist responsible for putting the whole city in a panic. Not to mention all the important people who already bit the dust, Dents partner and girlfriend included. Not very smart. Also not very smart that NOBODY noticed the ENTIRE Honor Guard was replaced by complete strangers....who just happened to know the procedures of an event like that...man, the Joker sure is a busy guy. Where was the freakin' security? The Mayors life was just threatened, a judge and the Commissioner were killed and not a soul thinks "Hey, these guys aren't our guys?! Hey, that guy has crazy SCARS on his face...eh, probably nothing.." Oh, and why the HELL did Bruce get go there without any sort of disguise?

What caused the shift you ask? Rises wasn't TDK 2.0. I'm not saying that applies to everyone, so stop right there. But I do totally think it's a pretty big factor on these here interwebz.

And you're simply proving my point. To you, I'm "playing a game" and the problems I'm bringing up can be explained. JUST LIKE MUST OF THE COMPLAINTS AIMED AT TDKR! Yet for some reason the little inconsistencies and unanswered questions in Rises are treated like sacrilege when, as I said, in TDK they are swept under the rug with conjecture, guessing and assumption. You're using assumptions and filling in gaps with very little to no real information given in the film, just like defenders of Rises do.

Both films have logical gaps or plot points that are only half explained but Rises inexplicably gets the brunt of the hate. I honestly, 100% cannot fathom how people can just except that the Joker can do what he did when he would essentially need a TARDIS to pull it all off but people get stuck on the logistics of a Clean Slate and how Bruce got into Gotham. You say "he's the Joker thats why he can do it!!!!"

Well ok, "HE'S THE BATMAN! HE CAN DO IT!!!!"

Last edited by GremlinZilla89; 01-02-2014 at 08:25 PM.