View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #53
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Default Re: No Cyclops; Reaction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaT_tONle View Post
No one specified anything about Jean, Cyke, Beast, and Storm being a part of this. Yeah the Shwartzmann script was there and featured them, but once that was tossed, anything was fair game. That is why I was making a big issue about a movies spanning two decades and McAvoy playing a 30-50 year old from beginning to end. You shouldn't have assumed this was a template from the FC comic, or the original high school mutant drama script. The movie title is irrelevant.
There's a big difference between "holding out hope" and "assuming." Singer didn't say anything about the script and he was still clearly bringing in a team of young X-Men. One of those was Cyclops' brother, one of them was Cyclops' teammate Hank. I was holding out hope that Cyclops and Jean would be announced as well. The First Class element is still there, it just wasn't what the original concept was about and I didn't know that until Singer revealed this takes place in the 60s.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote