View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #529
OutRiddled
Banned User

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

I know it pretty well. It's just that I haven't seen it (TDK) for at least a year or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's not the point. You said nobody made an attempt to go towards that detonator besides that one guy. They did.
I'm imagining a mad rush for people to try and grab it. I'm seeing chaos, because in a situation like that, normal rules are thrown out of the window. I actually agree with Joker on this one. The movie tries too hard to make its point about the 'inherent goodness' of people.

Quote:

Quote:
It was plenty powerful. Even if you didn't like Rachel, it wasn't that it was Rachel that was dying that made it so powerful, it was that Bruce and Dent were both losing the woman they love. It was the effect on them that makes it powerful.

Like the death of Bruce's parents. Nobody gives a damn about Thomas and Martha. It's the effect of their death on Bruce that makes their death so powerful.
I gave a damn, and actually that's one thing Nolan did well is showing Bruce's parents.

But the love story is the weakest part of these films. The chemistry was lacking, and the change of actress didn't help either.

It would be better if I actually gave a damn about the character, also.
Quote:
A villain trying to destroy a whole city has been done countless times in movies and TV shows, too. That doesn't make it any more realistic either.

Cite me some real world examples of cases like this.
Haha, the original point was that I wanted them to show more of Harvey's slide into madness. This is just getting so much into semantics that it's ridiculous.
Quote:

Oh look it's a scan of Harvey Kent who is blaming Maroni's two headed coin for what happened to him. Yeah that's totally the standard canon version of Dent's back story. He blames a coin for his misfortune
I don't know what's in the holy bible of canon but that's Two-Face's first appearance ever.

Yes I know, you will only consider certain comic books you like to have any relevance. Disregarding everything else.

Quote:
It's not the same difference. The Batman and Joker situation in Batman '89 was written as a miraculous contrived coincidence that Batman and the Joker created each other 20 years apart accidentally.

The Joker breaking Dent was intentional.
It's not that contrived. They both live in the same city. One is a notorious criminal and member of a crime gang. It's entirely plausible that Jack Napier's long list of crimes includes murdering The Waynes. Why not? What makes it so hard to believe?

Quote:
So does Poison Ivy. She thinks it's justice to kill people who have harmed Mother Nature. She's no more a vigilante than Two Face.
Poison Ivy is just crazy.

Quote:
Yeah, the mob were after Dent. But Joker wasn't approached by them to take care of Dent. They got him to deal with Batman.

Chechen: "We put word out that we'll hire the clown. He was right. We have to fix real problem: Batman"

Joker went after Dent himself for his own sick ends.
Two-Face: Going to join your wife? Do you love her?
Salvatore Maroni: Yes.
Two-Face: Did you ever wonder what it would be like to listen to her die?
Salvatore Maroni: Look, take it up with the Joker. He killed your woman. He made you - like this.
[gestures at Harvey's face]
Two-Face: The Joker's just a mad dog. I want whoever let him off the leash.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote