View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #2
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

Default Re: Your Top 20 Quotes from the X-Men Movies

1 - Are you a God fearing man, Senator? That is such a strange phrase. I've always thought of God as a teacher, a bringer of light, wisdom, and understanding. You see, I think what you really fear is me. Me and my kind. The Brotherhood of Mutants. Oh, it’s not so surprising really. Mankind has always feared what it doesn't understand. Well, don’t fear God, Senator, and certainly don’t fear me. Not any more. (Magneto - "X-Men"). ONE OF MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE MONOLOGUES.

2 - Mutants. Since the discovery of their existence they have been regarded with fear, suspicion, often hatred. Across the planet, debate rages. Are mutants the next link in the evolutionary chain or simply a new species of humanity fighting for their share of the world? Either way it is a historical fact: Sharing the world has never been humanity's defining attribute. (Professor X - "X2")

3 - Mutation: it is the key to our evolution. It is how we have evolved from a single-celled organism into the dominant species on the planet. This process is slow, normally taking thousands and thousands of years. But every few hundred millennia, evolution leaps forward. (Professor X - "X-Men").

4 - Mr. Stryker. Funny we keep running in to each other. Mark my words; it will never happen again. (Magneto - "X2").

5 - Doesn't it ever wake you in the middle of the night? The feeling that someday they will pass that foolish law, or one just like it, and come for you and your children? (Magneto - "X-Men").

6 - Toad has a wicked tongue Senator, just like you. (Magneto - "X-Men").

7 - You lost your money. You keep this up, you'll lose something else. (Wolverine - "X-Men").

8 - And what now, save the girl? You'll have to kill me Charles, and what would that accomplish? Let them pass that law and they'll have you in chains with a number burned into your forehead! (Magneto - "X-Men").

9 - What do they call you, Wheels? (Wolverine - "X-Men").

10 - You Homo-Sapiens and your guns. (Magneto - "X-Men").

11 - Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answer? (Professor X - "X-Men").

12 - Mr. Laurio, never trust a beautiful woman, especially one who's interested in you. (Magneto - "X2").

13 - We were thinking, we’ll show you ours and you’ll show us yours. (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class").

14 - They had no names, they were taken from them by pig farmers and tailors… (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class").

15 - I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again! (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class").

16 - I was thinking that you are the most exquisite thing I've ever seen in my life. And that this needs ice. (Sebastian Shaw - "X-Men: First Class").

17 - You know People like you are the reason I was afraid to go to school as a child. (Mystique - "X-Men").

18 - Ladies and gentlemen, the truth is that mutants are very real, and that they are among us. We must know who they are, and above all, what they can do! (Senator Kelly - "X-Men").

19 - The Neanderthal is running scared my fellow mutants. (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class").

20 - She won't be shifting into diamond form again. And if she does, just give her a gentle tap. (Magneto - "X-Men: First Class).

21 - Erik, I believe (Emma Frost - "X-Men: First Class") (I love the way she says it).

And here's a nice little exchange:

Professor X: You don’t Like him?
Cyclops: How could you tell?
Professor X: Well, I am psychic you know?
(X-cellent writing FTW!)

(Upcoming line from "X-Men: Dark Phoenix" Directed, Produced and Written by Simon Kinberg)

Last edited by By your Command; 06-30-2011 at 09:10 AM.
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote