View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #85
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Default Re: The Official Avenging Spider-Man thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
yeah, I've read your posts before, I know what you think about it. And I don't entirely agree. While I don't think he's all of a sudden the ultimate good guy, I do think what Peter did to him in ASM 700 made an impression on him.

Also I believe he now thinks that his genius will be acclaimed by doing great deeds. So while it may not be entirely altruistic of him, it's possible that he's trying do something great. Of course, it will end in tragedy, but it might not be because Spock is trying to be evil.
Aloha,
The point I've been trying to make with this is "at what point do some people think that Doc Ock STOPPED being evil?"Between issues #600 and 700, was there a place where he reformed? Saw the light. Gave up his evil criminal ways?During the entire time of Kraven Lasts Hunt-Kraven was acting the part of Spider-Man. Saving lives-catching bad guys. I don't recall anyone thinking during that arc, that somehow Kraven had become a hero.My issue is that some are taking just that sort of stand with Octavius. He's heroism is much more twisted than Kraven's-least we forget-despite his claim of benevolence Doc was going to DESTROY the Earth no less than 4-5 issues ago. How does anyone overlook that? Any thing great achieved by SpOck is done by a murderer so jealous of his enemies superiority that the only way he could be his superior was to become him.Which makes him a parasite feeding off of a living host.I think that this will be the ultimate reason for SpOck's departure from Peter.Nothing he does in Peter's body, will ever be reflected upon the genius of Octavius, so it's a flawed plan.Peter will get a Ph.D out of this but his name will be worse than mud unless some super hero types are involved in the separation and know the truth behind this behavior that is becoming more and more out of synch with what they know Spidey's behavior is.
Spidey rules-Doc Ock fools...some!

BTW-I'm enjoying every part of Superior Spider-Man.

Last edited by Donald Thomas; 03-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote