View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #86
Naked Shia
Nikkid's law
Default Re: The Official Avenging Spider-Man thread...

Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
The point I've been trying to make with this is "at what point do some people think that Doc Ock STOPPED being evil?"Between issues #600 and 700, was there a place where he reformed? Saw the light. Gave up his evil criminal ways?During the entire time of Kraven Lasts Hunt-Kraven was acting the part of Spider-Man. Saving lives-catching bad guys. I don't recall anyone thinking during that arc, that somehow Kraven had become a hero.My issue is that some are taking just that sort of stand with Octavius. He's heroism is much more twisted than Kraven's-least we forget-despite his claim of benevolence Doc was going to DESTROY the Earth no less than 4-5 issues ago. How does anyone overlook that? Any thing great achieved by SpOck is done by a murderer so jealous of his enemies superiority that the only way he could be his superior was to become him.Which makes him a parasite feeding off of a living host.I think that this will be the ultimate reason for SpOck's departure from Peter.Nothing he does in Peter's body, will ever be reflected upon the genius of Octavius, so it's a flawed plan.Peter will get a Ph.D out of this but his name will be worse than mud unless some super hero types are involved in the separation and know the truth behind this behavior that is becoming more and more out of synch with what they know Spidey's behavior is.
Spidey rules-Doc Ock fools...some!

BTW-I'm enjoying every part of Superior Spider-Man.
I understand your point. But I don't think Spock is the same as Kraderman. In Kraven last hunt, Kraven is impersonating Spider-man as a mean to defeat him in the most humiliating way. On the other hand, in ASM 700, it is shown that Ock is under the influence of Peter's mind, or at least of Peter's memories. he's not exactly the same otto octavius he once was in Superior, because being aware of Peter's memories, he's been changed. He's not a different person, but he becomes more aware of the pain people can suffer because of bad guys. Of course, being who he is, he won't become the best guy ever.

In his twisted mind, in his twisted way, I think he believes that he's doing the right thing, that not only he's is up to Spider-man's legacy, but that he's doing better than him. But he's a confused individual, because of his own beliefs, and because his mind is kinda altered by Peter's memories. Which is why it's not the same as Kraderman. Again, it won't make him a true hero, but at least, it makes him a more complex protagonist, which is why I like Superior and Avenging so far.

watch my new video

my videos thread
Naked Shia is offline   Reply With Quote