View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #513
Default Re: Kick Ass 2 announcement coming soon

Originally Posted by addison81 View Post
In the trailer Hit Girl says " my daddy made me promise to protect the city",I always that they were just about revenge, at least Big Daddy was.

I also picked up the Hit Girl graphic novel, its much better than Kick Ass 2. I dont think the film will end like the book, since there is no promise of a part 3.
It is more in line with the comic book BD & HG, because in that he is just a gun nut loon fanboy who is living his awful fantasies and warping Mindy's mind along the way. In the movie, it is actually revenge. I will be interested to see how they reconcile that.

I am actually fine with KA2's ending. I just think the way it built to that ending was a bit lazy and full of horrible scenes for shock value's sake. Just from the trailer, I can tell the movie will improve upon that. Especially as it is pulling Mindy's arc from the Hit-Girl graphic novel about mean girls into it which gives her more to do. HOwever, that does not mean it will compare well to the first film.

Also, I hope they take from the HG GN the following scenes Mindy getting a hallucinatory but creepy/sweet pep talk from Ghost Big Daddy before going on a killing spree, Mindy racing via motorcycle Marcus home, a scene of Mindy giving Dave **** when he asks why he's her sidekick--"Don't even ****ing go there. They might as well call you Hit-Boy"--and the scene with the mean girl on the school's roof.

Those bits would be great.

"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams