View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #491
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator
 
Metallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,908
Default Re: That Wasn't The Wrestling Thread, That Was CGI!

More Details on Bruno Sammartino's WWE Future, Who Helped Triple H Change His Mind

By Marc Middleton

Feb 7, 2013 - 8:31:43 AM

- Bruno Sammartino reportedly approached the WWE Hall of Fame offer from Triple H as purely a business decision, giving Triple H a price that he thought would be turned down. Bruno didn't think the deal would go through and eventually believed that Vince McMahon likely nixed the deal due to his asking price. The price is apparently in line with what WWE would pay one of their top stars for a WrestleMania pay off. Nobody going into the Hall had ever asked a deal anywhere near what Bruno asked. Sammartino ended up getting a significant deal.

Vince McMahon and Bruno still have not spoken as Triple H has handled the deal. Triple H is hoping to get Vince and Bruno together to talk in April. Regarding Triple H's talks with Bruno, he portrayed himself as a student and a fan of Sammartino's era. Triple H told Bruno from the start that WWE cleaned up their product and that when he got more power, he wanted to make WWE's product similar to the product that Sammartino headlined years ago.

One of the connections between Bruno and WWE is Pittsburgh neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon. Maroon had operated previously on Bruno and worked on WWE's medical team. Sammartino credits Maroon with keeping him out of a wheelchair after successful back surgery years ago. Sammartino viewed Maroon in high regard when he spoke of changes that had been made when it came to the health of WWE's performers and their strict drug testing.

Sammartino said during negotiations that if the deal didn't happen this year, he was not open to it any time in the future. The deal will see Sammartino be involved with WWE after his Hall of Fame induction. Sammartino was asked to be part of DVD's on his era. He will also do voice-overs for some of his matches and a straight Sammartino DVD release is likely. Sammartino will also appear on WWE's Legends Roundtable shows at times.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter



Big WWE Feud Discussed for This Summer, Update on The Undertaker's Health

By Marc Middleton on 02/07/2013

- There is still no official word on The Undertaker's status for WrestleMania 29. Right now the plan is Taker vs. CM punk until he says he's not doing the show. There is no commitment right now that he will do the show. Friends of his are hoping that he won't wrestle this year as his hip and shoulder are giving him problems.

No word yet on what CM Punk may do if Taker doesn't wrestle but speculation is a singles match with Ryback, which would change his plans, or a spot in the John Cena vs. The Rock WWE Title match.

- Word is that one of the bigger feuds this coming summer and fall will be Punk vs. Brock Lesnar, which could suggest that Brock is turning babyface eventually.

Source: F4Wonline.com



The Rock and Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam?, Backstage News on Six-Man

By Marc Middleton on 02/07/2013

- There is talk of using both Brock Lesnar and The Rock at this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view. WWE really wants the Hollywood community to be part of SummerSlam's festivities and both stars would help make it seem like a bigger event.

- The reason why Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus, Ryback and John Cena at WWE Elimination Chamber won't be happening inside the Chamber is because it would be an elimination match and WWE doesn't want to have to eliminate five of their hottest Superstars right now.

Source: F4Wonline.com



Update on WWE Possibly Blocking TNA from Arenas, Backstage News on Bo

By Marc Middleton on 02/07/2013

- We noted earlier that WWE has contacted a number of arenas to secure dates and will likely be using some of their non-compete clauses to prevent TNA from running those arenas with the new Impact Wrestling tapings schedule. WWE has booked a number of mid-size arenas including the Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia, the Wolstein Center in Cleveland, and the First Bank Center in Broomfield, Colorado. WWE will be running those buildings in their markets instead of the major arenas they usually run in.

- It was reported earlier that WWE may use Main Event to focus on the Intercontinental Title in the same way they use RAW for the WWE Title and SmackDown for the World Heavyweight Title. This would mean that the United States Title and the Tag Team Titles would float across all shows.

The Intercontinental Cup that may be brought back never got started on Main Event because of the arrival of Bo Dallas from NXT. Dallas being pushed is also the reason WWE changed their mind on one of the Royal Rumble surprise entrants.

Source: F4Wonline.com



Internal Debate Over WrestleMania XXX, Stats on RAW's Switch to 3 Hours

By Marc Middleton on 02/07/2013


- WWE officials are already talking about doing what they can to keep WWE talents busy during WrestleMania 29 weekend to avoid any interaction with TNA talents who are also working in the area.

- With RAW going from two hours to three, matches now get 33% more time and there are 33% more matches per show. The amount of wrestling per show has doubled to 78%. Those benefiting with more TV time include Heath Slater, Alberto Del Rio, Primo, Epico, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, John Cena, The Miz, Big Show and Dolph Ziggler. Those who have received less TV time with the switch are Tensai, Zack Ryder, David Otunga, The Great Khali and Santino Marella.

- Word is that WWE will be going with WrestleMania XXX instead of WrestleMania 30 after all. There had been an internal debate about which to use since XXX has pornographic connotations.

Source: F4Wonline.com



How TNA's Lawsuit Against WWE Held Up El Generico's Signing, HOF News

By Marc Middleton on 02/07/2013

- Regarding the TNA lawsuit against WWE, there was no financial settlement because TNA just dropped the case. Both sides agreed to pay their own legal costs.

- On a related note, the TNA lawsuit was the hold-up on WWE signing El Generico. WWE was about to sign him last June but they learned he had done two tryout matches with TNA in 2011. Generico got the phone call from WWE around the same time Ric Flair did. No word yet on what Generico's gimmick will be or if he will lose his mask. He began working in developmental on February 4th.

- Nothing is official yet but people within WWE expect Lita to induct Trish Stratus, Bret Hart will induct Bob Backlund and Jim Ross will induct Mick Foley into the WWE Hall of Fame this year.

Source: F4Wonline.com


Last edited by Metallo; 02-07-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Metallo is offline