View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #465
Aging Fangirl
slow slog to 1000 posts

Default Re: The Natalie Portman/Jane Foster Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
As for Portman's Jane--eh. I am probably in the minority, but I think Portman is a strong actress with the right material (Black Swan, The Professional), but a mediocre actress with weak material (Star Wars, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Thor the first). Some performers can do well enough even with poor parts, but I don't think Portman can. I'm hoping they've given her a stronger role in Dark World, but considering she has her mouth open (shock, fear, confusion, they all look the same) in every scene or image I've seen so far, I'm doubtful.
I'm inclined to agree with you here. I thought the Portman/Thor romance was the weakest part of the movie. If it has to be, I'm hoping for a more believable connection this go round.

As for the mouth open thing, once again I'm hoping that this has more to do with marketing (those guys LOVE that look) and less to do with her actual performance. Perhaps Alan Taylor was able to wrangle something out of her. I'll have to reserve judgment until I see the movie.

Aging Fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote