View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #7
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 5

If its one of the older actors, I expect Nightwing and at least one other apprentice, with Hamm, Brolin, etc., showing their character as a patriarch and veteran general.

If its a younger actor, I expect hinting at him adopting Dick Grayson and training Robin, with Hedlund, Gyllenhal, etc., showing a compassionate older brother mentor for a younger actor.

Introducing the Bat-family is the best way to differentiate this series from the old one and opens up the, in my opinion much more profitable, possibility of making the Batman films their own team-up adventures like a mini-Avengers or Justice League. Plus, I think audiences would actually enjoy watching a young Robin become Nightwing, seeing Jason Todd or Tim Drake succeed him, and having Babs Gordon rise in the ranks herself, maybe merging Oracle and Batgirl to make her dangerous, or introducing the awesomeness that is Cassandra Cain for fight scenes that make people drool.