View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 11:44 PM   #340
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Default Re: The Mandarin in Iron Man 3...Love it or hate it? - Part 2

I always took the I am the mandarin line as simply an egotistical madman who has just straight up lost his mind. And in the end he was the man behind everything in Iron Man 3. He was the mastermind behind everything that happens to Tony and to the country in that film, and the one shot doesn't change that at all. The one shot doesn't really change anything from Iron Man 3, it adds to it. I mean it actually helps things make even more sense if anything. That Killian used a pre-existing myth and didn't just pull the mandarin name out of thin air, making it even easier for people to not even suspect that it was all a lie. Then the myth turns out to not only be real but still alive and growing back to what it was before Tony hurt them so much in the first Iron Man. I don't know. I don't see any bad in this at all. Everything I loved about the Iron Man 3 twist is still there. It still exists. If Kingsley ended up being the mandarin all along then I could see the whole what's the point of Iron Man 3 thing, but that doesn't feel like the case at all at the end of the one shot film.

3. STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI
4. WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
5. LOGAN
The Chris is offline   Reply With Quote