View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #84
John-An
Wonder Fingers!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The hand wringing over these RUMORS is flabbergasting. Again, if there is never a follow up, direct sequel to MOS I won't shed a single tear, if what we do get is Cav-el Supes at the center of a DCCU. And after the way Snyder and Co. established his level of power in MOS I just don't think that he's going to have the spotlight taken from him in this new Universe. Batman is cool, but the audience will not buy Batman as the center of a cinematic universe that has threats greater in scope than freaks with a gimmick. Alternate Universe dopplegangers, White Martians, Evil Cosmic Gods... What ever the threat, they've established in MOS that Superman is the guy with the necessary power to deal with those kind of things. BatGod is great in the comics, and surely I want to see a more competent Bats on screen. But I think the idea of Batman jujitsuing Darkseid is a no go for this new DCCU. I have no fear about Superman being sidelined or overshadowed.
I hope that too.. but not sidelined batman either... Both will be great IMO

"I think the whole thing with Kryptonite is that it's an easy way out, but if you want to destroy Superman, you BREAK his heart"
-Hans Zimmer