View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 07:24 PM   #592
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
Since it's happening I might as well get on board but one thing that bothers me is why bring back the same creative team for something this big? They proved through Man of Steel they can't really get it right. Critically the movie flopped and it's clear to see why when the General Audience is mixed. Terrible character development and pacing. All action and no feeling. Probably had a lot to do with the box office numbers being underwhelming.

I don't have the confidence that Goyer and Snyder will come up with something that is epic. Might be a good summer popcorn action movie but to transcend the movie genre not so much.

I don't want people to say it did better than batman Begins when the budget and marketing of that movie was severely lower. Plus ticket price inflation from 8 years ago, 3D and all these other forms of ticket pricing. (AVX, DBOX, IMAX). If this flops, it's going to destroy any future DC universe on film for a long long time.
The general audience generally liked it for the most part. It was only a flop critically, and I have my own theories as to why that was the case (mainly critics having nostalgic ties to what they believe is Superman and not believing that a Superman story could have more of a serious tone).

MOS had a few story and pacing problems but acting, characterization of the characters, and the meaning/message behind Superman were by no means problems. All of those things were spot on. That being said, I am worried about the story and pacing in the film since not only is Goyer being let loose by himself again but Snyder is joining him as a co-writer.