View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #215
psylockolussus
Fierce User

Default Re: "Romeo & Juliet Return?": The Official Jean Grey/Cyclops Debate

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
But why would you take away Storm's character?

This is the X-Men. They're a team. It's an ensemble movie franchise.

I'm glad she did get the development she did get, even if some of it was not perfect.

We could remove virtually everyone apart from Wolverine and Jean and Magneto and the films could proceed. But what's the goddam point? There are other people in the X-Men who deserve to have a stake in the films and the stories.
Plus if they take away Storm in the movie. Who would take control over the school after Professor X died? Who would look after the students when Wolverine is trying to follow Jean Grey when Jean already went with Magneto. Besides Jean/Cyke/Prof X (who all died in X3), Storm is the longest mainstay at the Xavier Institute and she's also a teacher so for me, it just made sense that she became the headmistress of the Xavier Institute at the end of X3.

Beast only returned because of the cure thing and at the end of the movie, he went back to DC to work with United Nations. Wolverine is always going to different places for hpersonal reasons and I don't think he could run a school. It would be odd to see Wolverine and Beast leading the X-Men in X3.