View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 08:18 PM   #699
SuperFerret
King of the Urban Jungle

Default Re: State your unpopular film related opinion - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ask people, not websites. And... before you slap me around with "where do the opinions on those websites come from?" just answer me this truthfully: The vast majority of people that go to see movies, do they go anywhere online and give their opinion about what they just watched, or how they feel about any damned entertainment? My answer is no. Most don't. The sample size of respondents/posters on these sites are just not sufficient to make any kind of proclamation about the popularity of these films. Ask your friends and family, if they have seen both. Ask anyone who has seen these films, and especially ask those who are either older or not genre fans. Most will go "Eh, it was ok, I guess". People in the real world just yawn, at both of them. And it's a hard thing for us fanboy types to swallow. But it's the truth. Nether disdain nor praise. You can quote me RT/Metacritic/IMDB all day. The fact is outside of my circle of fan friends, most everyone I have spoken to about those films (and the reason I ever asked about either is the freakin' bloodbaths of opinion wars both films produced online) have no strong opinion of TDKR or SM3.
You can do that with any movie. Unless it's a pop culture changing runaway phenomenon or well-known to be complete crap, most people are not going to give most movies (or entertainment in general) a second thought.