View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 07:38 AM   #306
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan of Steel View Post
TDKR, TDk (a little by purist of the joker comic book looking) , X2 many of them were against many aspects that Singer took away... Spiderman 1 the power ranger goblin, Spiderman 2 middle transition pretty weak and tedious, Avengers puny threat and too much comedy, Iron Man 1 final battle weak.. many fans and non-fans were against some points..
I REMEMBER THE BATMAN BEGINS.. IS not like Tim burton's bats, reboot?, the change between Duncan- Ras... and when TDK came many people saw the real point of all what BB build.. MOS is gonna have the same treatment when future movies come...
the point is NOT ALL THE PEOPLE IS GONNA LIKE ONE MOVIE....
Not everybody likes every movie, but overall X2, First Class, Batman trilogy, Spider Man 1 and 2 were all better-liked by their fans than MoS. They also have better ratings. Spider Man and Batman also have more fans.

Aside from that, I know rabid Twilight fans, rabid Harry Potter fans, rabid Lord of the Rings fans, and rabid Hunger Games fans, and I ask those fans how their fandoms reacted to those movies, and they all tell me that the reaction was generally positive. Harry Potter and Twilight are both comparably or more popular than Superman. I know that some small number of HP fans were unhappy, but overall the verdict is clear: the fandom largely loved the movies.

So it's not true that fans always complain, it's a totally fictional butthurt. It's true that there will always be a small fraction of fans that complain, but it's not necessarily a large fraction. At one extreme you have movies like MoS, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, and Star Trek into Darkness, where most of the fans complain. At the other end, you have adaptations that are both good and true to the source material, and in those cases fans are happy. Most fans of Twilight, Batman, or Harry Potter are happy with the adaptations made.

Make a good movie, be faithful to the source material, and the fans will love you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
That's because people never saw Spider-Man before or Sin City or Iron Man. The amount of people is irrelevant, it's just the fact that a lot of these people are around. We're all guilty of it sometimes. When I mention Batman vs Superman as an example or MOS, it's because these are two characters that have been around for a long time. There's MULTIPLE movies about them. Times when we're stuck with utter campy **** with both Batman and Superman, and during those times we put our geeky hands together and pray for a Batman that's darker or taken more seriously with better actors, directors, costumes. Praying for a Superman that kicks major ass that has scenes where he's struggling as an alien while living in a world full of unrelatable humans. Even people who just a year ago were losing their minds about not wanting a Justice League, nope, they wanted Batman/Superman. When they get MOS or BvS theyre still not happy even though it's not as if it's going to be done like Superman Returns or Batman & Robin or Green Lantern.

People hear that it might be SLIGHTLY based on Frank Miller's DKReturns, and guess what? It's nothing but "screw Frank Miller that's gonna suck!". Imagine if in the late 90s to early 2000s if fans were told about something influenced by Frank Miller compared to what **** they just had to endure with both characters?? They would cry in happiness. Just like I said.

It's called people being ungrateful.
Ungrateful? Are fans supposed to be happy with any movie made? LoL, no.

If the fans get a good Superman movie, they get a good Superman movie. If the studio makes a good Superman movie, they get billions of dollars, both in direct profits (the movie) and indirect profits from sustaining the franchise long-term.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 10-15-2013 at 07:44 AM.