Old 11-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Bart Allen/The Flash

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Hero

.Powers and physical attributes: Bart has super-speed, with an ability to run close to the speed of light.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it):

Born in 1988, Bart Allen is the oldest son to Barry and Iris Allen. His younger brother Wally was born in 1995.

Barry Allen was a famous detective with the Central City Police, solving the famous Murmur Murders alongside his partner, Jay Garrick.

Finding himself always a bit of a social outcast, Bart always had a love comic book superheroes and science. During his senior year in high school, Bart was working late at the high school science lab when an accident happened. The accident granted Bart mysterious super-powers.

Remembering the comic heroes of his youth, Bart took up a costume and became one of them. The Flash.

Three years later, Bart attends Keystone University, majoring in criminal justice during the day as well as being the fastest man alive.

During the course of the RPGs first season, Flash encountred heroes and foes, from Superman and Wonder Woman to The Trickster and the alien menance known as Star'ro.

In the second season, Bart faced off with a group of superpowered criminals called the Rogues, discovered that his father's partner, Jay Garrick, was the former superhero speedster called Mercury, and he locked horns with his college professor, Ed Thawne, before he graduated from Keystone University.

Oh, and he kicked the **** outta Superman.

.The burning question - Why this character?: I'm a Flash fan and Bart fan, peanut butter and jelly? PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: The mainstream version of Bart is a part of a large legacy from his grandfather and cousin, this version of Bart is making his own legacy. Personality wise, Ult. Bart might be a bit closer to Spider-Man. Plus, I've adapted his Rogues and changed them to give them a differnt flair.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Decent RPer, The Flash!

.Provide a sample post as the character you wish to portray, in three paragraphs or more:

Kicking into high gear, I run down the street Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, and Batman all stand still like living statues. Only one person is fast enough to see me: Superman. His unwavering eye turns away from Wonder Woman and stares me down.

"I'm not even gonna try to talk some sense into you." I say, talking so fast and so high that he's the only one possible of hearing it.

Picking up speed, I run out of the city and out of Pokolistan. Pushing myself faster and faster, I tear through Russia and across the Pacific in just a fraction of a second. America is nothing but a blur as I race through it and continue across the Atlantic. Faster as faster, I rip through Europe and through Pokolistan again. This time, even Superman can't keep up with me as I blow past him.

No.

I need to be faster. Keep going, you have to keep getting faster.

The whole world around me starts to become one big gray mass. I'm getting closer to speed light, and my body can feel it. My hamstrings are tightening up, the arches of my feet ache more and more with each step. I'm going faster than I've ever gone, faster than anything has ever gone. My chest tightens up and I feel a jolt of electricity running down my spine. I don't know what's happening, but I got to keep going. Before I know it, I've passed through Pokolistan about five times now. It's the sixth time that I make my move.

Nothing is moving at all as I run down the wartorn street towards Superman. Nothing, that is, but me. My mind thinks back to something I learned in physics class.

Remember that paradox, the unstoppable force meeting an immovable object?

It used to be a paradox, until modern day physics looked into it. The truth is, no force is completely unstoppable. No object is completely immovable. That was one of my papers...Professor Thawne gave it a C, saying that there was no real world application to my thesis.

Well, I wish Professor Thawne could be here to see this.

With each and every step I take, my body hurts that much more. The G-forces and speed is taking its toll. I'm only a few feet from Superman when I cock my arm back and swing.

My fist, with all the inertia and force that I can muster, connects with Superman's jaw.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

A shockwave ripples out from the punch, the sounds of explosion deafen my, a bright white light blinds me, and I'm suddenly weightless and falling from parts unknown to parts unknown.
.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote