View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #876
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
Interesting that you point out the Hive...it's not a studio picture- it's produced by WWE films (the wrestling company) and it has a budget of $13 million. Sony has distributing rights but there's no guarantee this will be a theatrically released film; in fact, I would be willing to bet it will be a direct to DVD/VOD release like Dark Tide.

I'm in no way claiming that Famke has the same level of celebrity as Halle, but Halle has been firmly on the B-list for yrs. I mean, she is an African American woman (not saying this should be a disadvantage, but it is), in her late forties with 6 flops/disappointments in a row. She's so over it's not even funny!
I think you may have missed my point.

I believe your original post stated that it was unlikely for Halle to come back as she had a string of flops and had not appeared in a successful film since X3 whereas others like Famke had. I and someone else (don't remember) countered the argument by emphasising that halle had a bigger name (and probably makes more money) than Famke and therefore would be a good enough reason to justify her return along with Famke.