View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #888
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Its weird that you found the characterization for Iceman and Rogue boring, then you want Shadowcat to comeback. For me, she was like a random addition to the cast of X3. I don't think there was an anticipation for her character after X2 was released. Her cameo roles in X1/X2 aren't great. Everybody wanted Colossus in X3 and even though I was a bit disappointed with his role in X3, I felt like he earned his place on the movie. But Shadowcat? Her main role in the movie was to make Rogue jealous and I found Ellen Page completely forced.
I agree with this too. But I would add that Kitty was indirectly mentioned at the end of X2 (as the mutant who got hold of those incriminating documents on Stryker that were presented to the president) and so it might be a natural progression to introduce her in X3. However, she just randomly appeared. We didn't see her being welcomed to the X-Men and getting her uniform. Rogue and Iceman suddenly had uniforms too, when they were told in X2 it wouldn't be for a few years.

Colossus could have been better used in X3. He was only there to throw Wolverine in the 'fastball special' - once at the Sentinel, once at Magneto. And somehow the shiny steel armour looked a bit cheap!