View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #8
Doctor Jones
No One

Default Re: Can An Opinion Be Wrong???

The problem is that people get hung up over what others think of films. People for some reason cannot comprehend that they may love something like Fast and Furious over The Godfather. But they just do. And hey, it's not the end of the world. It's okay. They aren't philistines, they aren't less intelligent, they just find that one particular movie particularly more fulfilling than another. Sometimes it cannot be explained, but what matters is what clicks with you and what is most fulfilling. There are many films that I think are better than what others consider great and it's because it fulfills what I find find most fulfilling as a moviegoer and my subjective views on what I find fulfilling.

That's what makes art beautiful. It cannot be defined or explained or proven fact. If something was proven why factually a movie is better than the other then that one individual is robbed out of personal enjoyment and fulfillment because of another's opinion. It makes no goddamn sense.

In other words, I can't look up in a book and see a scientific or mathematical equation as to why Fast and Furious is better than The Godfather. The notion that I can't is what makes art art. No body can ever take that opinion away from you. Ever.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote