View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 04:31 PM   #77
jocal62
Bass Guitar and Vocals

Default Re: The Official Costume Thread - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
That's funny... now that you mention it, the texture does kinds of remind me of that of colored golfballs at miniature golf courses. Doesn't bother me though... I think a pronounced texture like this makes the suit pop more. When you look at the SR suit by comparison, that suit was a bit more flat in (it was also textured, just not as bold) and that made it just look kinda dull.
I already made a similar comment about the 'golf ball' texture at Caped Wonder.com's Facebook page. My real question would be, if there really is a Superman, of what use is the 'golf ball' effect on his flight, since he already has all that power to thrust him into the air? Will air friction actually stop or slow down the real Superman? Highly unlikely.

Plus, we who grew up in the Superman mythos know that in the Superman 'world', his costume is only to keep him clothed or to identify him apart from other super powered beings, not to help him during flight. In the same manner, I don't see the point of putting texture on Superman's costume, but that's just me...