View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #929
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 144

I think people are just reluctant to see Bruce as anything but an uber-badass. Anything showing any frailty on his part seems to be risky ground to tread on with the fans.

For me, seeing how far he had let himself go really hit home the fact that Bruce was a walking tragedy. It made me want to see him put himself back together. It gives so much more meaning to when he retires again at the end and is actually happy. Without that setup I'd probably be suspicious that Bruce wouldn't be able to live without Batman. Having it be his second retirement, but this time done on his own terms fixes a lot of those issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I always thought they were going with Dr. Strange. He is obsessed with Batman and Bruce and knows his secret. After the ending of TDK I thought for sure Bruce would start seeing a psychiatrist for the rachel trauma and stress of hiding from the cops and taking the heat for the Joker's crimes. Strange would become obsessed with this fascinating man and his dichotomy and would figure it out and make Bruce/Batman his muse and act out some scheme in some ****ed up love/hate client/patient destructive nature. Obviously the film would start with Bruce already seeing Dr. Strange and from there it spirals until the end when Batman finally clears his name and the film ends with Gotham finally accepting Batman as their guardian and he becomes the Knight they need and deserve. That story could have had a deep psychological nature which should have been right up Nolan's alley.
We all had our own "Batman 3" in our heads at one point or another. Thankfully, I like theirs better than mine. I was also a Hugo Strange supporter btw.

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-13-2013 at 01:58 PM.