View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #930
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 144

I see the leg thing, as a mental issue just as much as a physical one.

This is a severely depressed man. He stews in his pain, both internally and externally. I always looked at the leg fix as...Bruce finally asking Fox (or maybe it's suggested to him by Fox) to have a knee-brace only because he gets excited about going out to face Bane and mess around with Selina. That's the only thing that gets him out of his mansion in the last 3 years. The knee-brace isn't slapped on him so he can have a better leg finally, he puts it on because he needs to operate as Batman and he's dying to get back out there. Just like when Bruce asks Alfred to make an appointment for his leg, it had nothing to do with health reasons. Selina excites him sure, but he goes to the hospital to seek out Gordon, he wants to check on him and find out info about Bane (again, it's all about Batman) and in a way he's looking to get talked into going back as Batman.

The cane is just as much of a crutch and a reminder as it is a physical disability.

It's like Harvey. He could have taken meds and had plastic surgery. Nope, he wanted to stew in the pain and his anger so it serves as an excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Yes Bane should have teamed with the police. It's pretty obvious. Bane works better as a villain who obsesses over batman and can gain his identity on his own and has no ties to him other than being hired to capture him to gain respect. Then bane turns on police after he takes out batman. batman returns and saves the day,
That sounds OK but a bit boring. I prefer what we got.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc

Last edited by shauner111; 05-13-2013 at 02:06 PM.