View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #933
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 144

I was also a Hugo Strange supporter. Marvolo's premise was pretty much how I wanted it. But that's when I thought it could take place a year or so after the events of TDK.

I wanted Strange as the main villain. Catwoman in her supporting role. Black Mask OR Alberto Falcone in a small role, not taking over for Maroni, but a whole new organization. Dent's lie hanging above the film as it was and a Joker reference. But it would have been the end of that Nolan-Bale trilogy, only the end of Batman in his prime. Much like how Marc Webb/Andrew Garfield may complete their "teenage Parker trilogy" then pass it off to a new filmmaker who can continue the story of Spider-Man deep into his career.

That's what I thought. I thought a different director was going to come in and re-cast Bale and bring Grayson in & tackle some more rogues like Riddler/Penguin.

A part of me is still intrigued by that idea, but nowadays I wouldn't trade in TDKR for anything. I love it too much.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc