View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #939
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isearch4dope View Post
Exactomundo!!!This is really where I thought the series was headed or something like it because the psychological cat and mouse games are very intriguing and that's what made TDK shine. The comic Strange Apparitions had some very good points that could have been burrowed to make a mind blowing finale. This was the movie to take us deeper into the mind of Bruce and really take us places we have never been before to bring us that close to the character. I know people say that things had to be amped up and the movie was huge and the scale was massive but honestly the movie felt small and shallow. After the Joker and the events of TDK the only way the sequel could have avoided feeling like 'yea yea we've seen this before' was to go smaller and more psychological. A final conflict that threatens to destroy the city would occur at the end with batman redeeming himself and clearing his name would still occur tho. Just my opinion *runs for cover*
Grander or smaller would have worked. If it was the end of the trilogy altogether, bigger was the answer. If it was just film #3 and then they would keep the franchise going with re-casts, then smaller would have been the answer.

"The movie felt small and shallow". I felt it was the opposite. But yes, a psychological Strange story set only in Gotham in Autumn/Winter, would have felt great too. Just not as a finale. There would need to be a cliffhanger for a film #4 since it's Batman in his early days.

"Lets make one thing very clear here - Nolan's films are as faithful an adaptation as there is. It pays homage to its source material, remains true to its characters and above all else places the story first and foremost." - jmc