View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #280
Miranda Fox
Haters to the Left.

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Face View Post
I like to see Kevin Spacey's Seven character development into The Riddler. I think that would suit Nolan's version of Riddler.
Funny you should say that - I was watching Seven the other night and John Doe actually talks in the kind of calm, slightly toneless voice I always imagined the Joker to talk in his first appearances. It's exceptionally creepy because all logic dictates he shouldn't be like this - you expect a drooling madman. But the Joker isn't that. Like John Doe, he's very methodical along with his theatrics. Everything is well planned.

Plus, some of the lines fitted Joker perfectly - such as Doe talking about what he was 'before' and how he 'had never been exceptional.'

Quote:
Leave it to SHHers to determine that in order to enjoy one performance you must hate another (who else here recalls all the Keaton-Hate when Bale was cast?). The forumers here are littler boys who get all nervous when somebody suggests Actor X could play/might play/did play Role X better than Nolan's/Burton's choice. Grow up.

The real truth is that Jack was great. He, for all intents and purposes, nailed the Joker of the Batman comics from that era. The Joker of modern comics is a little bit different, but since those comics didn't exist 20 years ago, Jack can hardly be blamed for not portraying that Joker.

Now here's a secret tip that always confuses the little boys: you don't have to hate Jack in order to like Ledger, or vice-versa. Your brain (hint: you can find it in your head) has the capacity to like more than one thing at the same time.
THANK YOU! This in-fighting of 'mine's-better-than-yours' is just silly. And both sides are as bad as each other.

"They did not save your life...they stole it." - Kuze, Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Miranda Fox is offline   Reply With Quote