View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 11:18 AM   #286
Miranda Fox
Haters to the Left.

Default Re: am I the only one who DIDN'T think Nicholson nailed joker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Sushi View Post
She referenced the Joker's first appearances, which seem very much that way. Remember, the character has evolved over time, and like Batman, not always for the better.

Again, check out the early Joker appearances. He completely does "give a f**k"; Joker is first and foremost a genius. The self-destructive madness comes later - I think as a response to being foiled by Batman so many times. Or at least, that's how I'd explain it.
I flicked through the first story just to make sure my memory wasn't failing me again and yes, you're right - he goes nutso towards the end because Batman keeps stopping him and that pretty much leads into the next story where his focus is shifted towards Batman. I do wonder if they'll have a similar arc in TDK - it'd be unexpected if he was seemingly caught early on in the film, only to escape later with all guns blazing, so to speak - it sort of fits those rumours about us not seeing a 'full-on' Joker till mid-way. Notice it doesn't say we won't actually see him altogether.

"They did not save your life...they stole it." - Kuze, Ghost in the Shell (2017)
Miranda Fox is offline   Reply With Quote