View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #939
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I really could not care less what Vaughn intended for this film.

Besides since 2 of the three future actors that have been announced (Jackman's Wolverine and McKellen's Magneto) were in the DOFP comics this film is based on I don't get what you're complaining about.
My issue is that despite pulling from the comic, this should be first and foremost a First Class sequel. That means they're not going to be able to follow the comic verbatim. Nor should they.

Announcing these actors so early has me worried that they're going to have massive, massive roles in this FIRST CLASS sequel when really they should be no more than short cameos. Magneto's role in the comic was really small, and while Wolverine did have an important role, giving him the same amount of time as he got in the comic would mean having to spend almost half the movie in the future, which they really should not be aiming for.

If they make him the traveler he's going to completely dominate the whole damn film. Just like he did in X1-3. Haven't we had enough of him?

Quote:
I expect the next piece of press to be either a Famke/Marsden announcement...or speculation/confirmation about this project being split into two films.
I really bloody hope not. One film is more than enough for this clusterfrig.