The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men 1, 2 & 3

Old 09-29-2005, 05:13 AM   #1
Retroman
Side-Kick

Default Official - Omahyra Mota Joins Cast!

The Domincan born (raised in NY) model/actress Omahyra Mota has officialy joined the cast! The role she plays is unknown at this moment in time. She's had small roles in State Property 2 and Brett Ratner's After the Sunset. She's already been spotted on the set of the movie when they shot scenes at Robson Square/VAG a few weeks ago.

From Models.com:
Quote:
Omahyra Hits The Silver Screen
September 27th, 2005 by wayne

Omahyra/NY Model Mgmt. PH courtesy of NY Model Mgmt
Itís official! Our much loved Omahyra has cinched a role in X-Men 3, currently being lensed by Brett Ratner. Though Miss Mota has a three month shooting schedule, she was flown in by Gwen Stefani, especially for her turn down the L.A.M.B catwalk during NY Fashion Week. Then it was back to the top secret set for more X-Men action. Bet you canít wait to suss out which character sheíll be playing!
Source (NOTE: THE PICTURE ON THE SITE CONTAINS SOME NUDITY.WHICH SOME MAY FIND OFFENSIVE. PLEASE DO NOT POST IT, THANK YOU :
http://models.com/oftheminute/
http://models.com/oftheminute/?p=761

More info on Omahrya: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1082020/
http://groups.msn.com/OmahyraMota

UPDATE
According to news and picture agency Splashnews Omahyra is a mutant as has been speculated.

From Splashnews:
Quote:
Catwalk model Omahrya to play a mutant in new X Men 3 movie

Stunning catwalk model Omahrya has landed a part in new movie X Men 3 - playing a mutant. The pierced and tattooed beauty has previously appeared in After The Sunset and State Property 2. Earlier this month she modelled for singer turned designer Gwen Stefani in New York.
Source: Splashnews

From NY POST/PAGE SIX:
Quote:
MODEL'S X-FACTOR

September 29, 2005 -- OMAHRYA, the pierced and tattooed runway rebel who's injected some excitement into the modeling world in recent years, will play a mutant in "X-Men 3." The dishy Dominican is in Vancouver shooting the third installment of the superhero franchise. Omahrya previously appeared in "X-3" director Brett Ratner's "After the Sunset" and Damon Dash's "State Property 2." Ratner, who has always had an appreciation for models, let her fly back to New York to walk in Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. launch on the last night of Fashion Week.
Source: http://www.nypost.com/gossip/54307.htm - Orginally spotted on joblo.com

Thanks to turlie for the inspiration for tracking this

UPDATE
According to SHH forum member and XMF webmaster Ant Omahyra is playing Stacy X!

Last edited by Retroman; 10-17-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Retroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:15 AM   #2
Retroman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Official - Omahyra Mota Joins Cast!

Pictures of Omahrya (most likely out of costume) taking a break from filming outside the Robson Square/VAG set in Vancouver with director Brett Ratner (September 12, 2005):

All images courtesy of Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/donaldlaw/sets/994984/

UPDATE
A much better pic of Omahyra from outside the VAG/Robson Square set in Vancouver.

Image courtesy of http://www.flickr.com/photos/donaldlaw/48667843/

Last edited by Retroman; 10-02-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Retroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:20 AM   #3
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Well, for many doomsday has arrived. We have Stacy X.

JustABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:12 AM   #4
GNR
worships John Matrix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawlerFan
Well, for many doomsday has arrived. We have Stacy X.

she better be Callisto,but I see no eye patch.

GNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 07:01 AM   #5
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Okay, pics for some of the possible characters Omahyra could be (in my book.)to compare to Omahyra here:

Stacy X

Domino

Callisto

Marrow

Destiny (Very Unlikely But They Could Revamp Her Entirely)

Old 09-29-2005, 02:24 PM   #6
Jamie Madrox
Green Hornet

Cool. Wonder what mutant she is? Could be Stacy X but who knows? Awesome. This cast is getting bigger and better.

Old 09-29-2005, 02:30 PM   #7
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Is it me or does that chick look really really different in each of her pics!

Old 09-29-2005, 02:39 PM   #8
Genosha
Mutant Island

I'm probably one of the few, but I actually like the character Stacy X and don't mind that she will be in the movie.

I found the storyline she was in in the comics was fascinating and, given time and development, could become a very intriguing character.

Maybe an appearance in X3 will boost her visibility in the comics..........enough to get her some writers to full develop her as a character.

Genosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:26 PM   #9
littyx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwolverine2
Is it me or does that chick look really really different in each of her pics!
Exactly! Thats why she's a succsessful model. Agencies look for:

1. A distinguishing feature or features.

2.They love androgyny. The fact that someone can look masculine and feminine means they can be put into many different types of shoots or shows.

3. Being able to mold into different looks or look completely different means that they can be used for numerous companies.

littyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:38 PM   #10
The1_2004

This is just getting ridiculous. It's already bad enough that this movie is being rushed more than the last two X-Men, but they're STILL casting and STILL rewriting it. What the hell?
And now we have so many characters in it, no one has a freakin' clue whose in it, and what's gonna happen.
I haven't completely lost hope in this movie. . . . . yet.
Who do we have now?
Professor X, Wolverine, (Dark) Phoenix, Storm, Cyclops, Magneto, Mystique, Omega Red, Gauntlet (whoever that is), Jamie Madrox, Rogue, Iceman, ArchAngel, Shadowcat, Colossus, Pyro, Kavita Rao . . . . . . etc.
Would Bryan Singer have let this happen?
I think not!

Old 09-29-2005, 02:40 PM   #11
xwolverine2
Arkham Assassin

Quote:
I think not!
maybe thats the problem.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #12
comtrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1_2004
This is just getting ridiculous. It's already bad enough that this movie is being rushed more than the last two X-Men, but they're STILL casting and STILL rewriting it....
I think not!
Go back and read my previous post, even if it does put you to sleep . And I think Gauntlet was either in Sinister's Mauraders or Nasty Boys. He's cool. Trust me. But can someone help me out as to whether Omega Red is technically a mutant? I know Deathstrike isn't and that always bothered me that they implied that she was. Juggernaut isn't either and I hope they don't make the same mistake with him. Omega Red & Deathstrike should have been saved for the Wolverine spinoffs, but I guess it's better to use them somewhere instead of never. And if it makes more since to make characters mutants for the sake of the adaptaion, then I guess it should happen. Overall, the scale of the X Universe needs to be broadened even more than X2 and I don't think Singer had the guts to do so in his previous two installments (A little, but not enough, I feel. See my example in the previous post). Don't get me wrong, he is a great director and I love what he did with the 1st two films, but someone needs to up the anty and raise the bar in a DIFFERENT way for this one and it sounds like Ratner & the writers are doing just that. And let's put this to rest once and for all, this film is NOT rushed. The writing process started as soon as Singer & co. left it to go do Superman. And just because it's continuing during shooting is no indication that characters are being added at the last second or that it's a train wreck of any sort. The same thing happened on the 1st two films. Hayter was the last in a series of writers brought into the project and he was there most of shooting of X1 (,aybe even all of it) and from the end result helped enhance it I'm sure. Same thing with Dougherty and Harris in X2. "Nothing is f***ed here, dude. You're all being very undude like." Have faith, my x-men.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:22 PM   #13
Endeavor
Que bolŠ con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrek
... And I think Gauntlet was either in Sinister's Mauraders or Nasty Boys... But can someone help me out as to whether Omega Red is technically a mutant?
Nope. Gauntlet was never part of the Marauders or the Nasty Boys. He's only belonged to one team, which went by two different names: The Dark Riders and the Riders of the Storm. That was when he was working for Apocalypse and later for Tyler Dayspring.

Omega Red is in fact a mutant. His coils are an implant (like Wolverine's adamantium) but he had his death spores from before.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:28 PM   #14
fazeforce
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by comtrek
"Nothing is f***ed here, dude. You're all being very undude like."
Awesome.

fazeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:29 PM   #15
The1_2004

This movie is rushed.
Simply put, Fox put the release date in solid cement, and refused to budge on it.
Remember who the front runner was to direct when Singer left? It was every fanboys choice: Joss Whedon.
Whedon would've loved to do it, but Fox set the date, and wouldn't compromise on giving him the time he would need.
Guess who did give him the time he needs to make a good comic movie? Warner Bros. and DC Comics for Wonder Woman.
Ratner and company are even using material from Whedon's run on ASTONISHING X-MEN as source material. How lame is that?

And when Vaughn was chosen, I figured, 'okay, we got a director now. Let's see what happens.' Then Vaughn dropped out, and I thought 'oh god, now what?'
Then Ratner stepped in and I was 'well, he we go...'

Can somebody tell me how often the first poster for a movie comes out BEFORE they start filming?

If Fox wasn't so deadlocked into into being in the middle of a d***-wagging contest with Warner Bros. and Superman, they'd realize that this isn't the way to go. Time must be taken for these things.

X-Men was supposed to come out Christmas 2000, and Singer was forced to have it ready for a summer release during the post-production. A similar thing happened with X2. So what's happening with X3 isn't really the same as the first two.

And for anyone wondering, Omega Red isn't a mutant. He was created as the Russian's answer to Captain America during the Soviets reign.

Old 09-30-2005, 09:01 AM   #16
Sauron
Side-Kick

She's ugly!

Batman: "You might be right."
Sauron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 06:19 PM   #17
calculator2006
The last calculator alive

Colud she be Jubilee?

Old 10-02-2005, 03:13 PM   #18
LittleMissVixen
Side-Kick

Here is an interesting article on here...
Voted one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by Paper Magazine in 2001, sixteen year-old modeling sensation Omahyra Mota has already graced the pages of Italian, German and Nippon Vogue. She has also appeared in The Face, ID and Numero magazines and been photographed by Ellen Von Unwerth, Helmut Newton, Richard Burbridge, Terry Richardson, Bruce Weber, Liz Collins and Thomas Schenk among others.

Taking the fashion world by storm, Omahyra (prounounced oh-MY-rah) has also walked the walk for an impressive list of designers including Gucci, Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana, Bottega Veneta, Roberto Cavalli and Moschino (Milan), Alexander McQueen, Julian McDonald and Boyd (London), and Lucca Lucca, Daryl K and Miguel Adrover in New York.

So when David Bosman, President of Boss Models, took the time to introduce us to Omahyra and told us about the amazing splash she's making at the age of sixteen, we immediately wanted to introduce this extraordinary girl to our readers in this special exclusive interview.

Born in Santo Domingo, capital city of the Dominican Republic, Omahyra came to America when she was ten years old with literally nothing but the clothes on her back. Thanks to the extraordinary courage of her mother and her own strength of character, six years later Omahyra is poised to break out from the pack in an extraordinary flash of personality, humor, beauty, strength, grace and fire.

http://www.modellaunch.com/face/article.php?id=1000045

LittleMissVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:22 AM   #19
Guyverjay
Side-Kick

Just how many new characters is he trying to fit into this thing!!!!!!!!!!

Guyverjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:23 AM   #20
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyverjay
A chunk of the characters in the movie are there just to be there.

Old 09-29-2005, 05:28 AM   #21
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

thanks to Court , we already know that she is on the henchwomen of Magneto ..

i think she got charisma..hoping that she can act..

Maze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:22 PM   #22
Ultimate Movie-Man
Master of Kick-arsery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyverjay
rofl. I came here through google.

Chattery on Xbox Live
Caldor90 on PSN
Chattery on Reddit

"Sin City" Avatar made by Lady Marion.
Ultimate Movie-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:58 PM   #23
LEX
No justice; just us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Movie-Man
rofl. I came here through google.

- Mort
LEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 05:30 AM   #24
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

God, she is ugly on that picture at the site.

Old 09-29-2005, 05:31 AM   #25
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Hmm. Maybe she's playing a totally revamped Destiny?

I think it's either that, Stacy X, Callisto, orrrrrr Domino.