The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 11:30 PM   #1
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,817
Default Contest of Marvels II Thread 3



BRACKET 5,

Match 1:

Speed Demon (AHURA MAZDA) bio



vs.

Psycho Man (PHAEDRUS45) bio




Match 2:

Sphinx (ZOKEN) bio



vs.

Meltdown (DARTHPHERE) bio


Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 12:20 AM   #2
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,817
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

BRACKET 6,

Match 1:

Emplate (AHURA MAZDA) bio



vs.

Morph - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio




Match 2:

Gauntlet (ZOKEN) bio



vs.

Bullseye (HIPPY FASCIST) bio


Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 05:17 AM   #3
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
BRACKET 6,

Match 1:

Emplate (AHURA MAZDA) bio



vs.

Morph - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio


Emplate is a mutant vampire. He sucks the powers of a mutant with the aid of vampiric mouths in the palms of his hands turning them into his slaves. While in this plane of existence he can remain unsynched with our reality so as to be invisible. He can also see a mutant's "aura" and tell various things about him or her by that.

Emplate is unsynched with this reality meaning Morph cannot even touch him. However, as soon as emplate gets a hold of morph which he can do capturing Morph unaware. He can duplicate his powers meaning he can shape himself into anything against a Morph that will have been weakenned. Of course, Morph could still use his power but he would be weakenned and battling a creature that can teleport and unsynch himself from reality making it impossible for Morph to do anything to harm him. However, Emplate who would gain an understanding of Morphs' strengths and weaknesses through his vampiric touch and would be able to use that information as well Morph's own powers effectively defeating him. In addition, there is a possibility that Emplate can transform Morph into a vampiric creature like himself who would be subject to Emplate's whims.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,817
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

LOCATION REMINDER:

This week's battles take place on the Blue Area of the Moon.

An artificial, self-sustaining Earthlike environment on the far side of The Moon, the Blue Area was created roughly 100,000 years ago as part of a competition between two alien races, the Kree and the Cotati. The Skrulls moderated this contest, whose goal was to determine the worthiness of both races by discovering which could create a more suitable habitation. The Skrulls changed later on, becoming warmongers. The Cotati won the contest by creating a long-term sustainable ecosystem, but the Kree angrily rebelled and overthrew the Skrulls, stole their starship, and initiated the millennia-long conflict now known as the Kree-Skrull War.
Its Role in Storylines
The Blue Area has played a pivotal role in many events of the Marvel Universe. It was the site of the first battle between the Fantastic Four and the Red Ghost. It is also the home of Uatu the Watcher. For many years, it was the location of Attilan, home city of the Inhumans. But it is perhaps best known as the site of the epic ending to the Dark Phoenix Saga, where, to prevent herself from endangering any more lives, Jean Grey committed suicide.
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Area_%28comics%29"

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:53 AM   #5
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,817
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Speed Demon Vs. Psycho Man:

As stated in his biography, "Psycho-Man has great intelligence and mathematical genius, as well as extensive knowledge of technology far in advance of present-day Earth's." This gives Psycho Man an instant advantage over Speed Demon. As The Blue Side of the Moon has been home to a variety of races, including The Inhumans, Uatu, and the Kree, much of their technology would be left over for Psycho Man to use at his disposal. Speed Demon, on the other hand, just runs fast.

In fact, let's look at Speed Demon's bio:

"Speed Demon can move at superhuman speed. He can run at 160 mph and his reflexes are four times greater than a normal human being."

First, SD isn't fighting a normal human being. SD is fighting someone who has a variety of "armor and weapons. He has sometimes stated that he derives power from the emotions he causes, like a psychic vampire. He recently gained some of the powers of his Control Box, as well as the ability to generate solid energy forms to give substance to his illusions." These manipulations on people are so intense, they can "trigger three emotional states: Fear, Doubt, and Hate...The intensity can range from mild to extreme causing hallucinations and even death."

Psycho Man will not fool around, and has been able to detect superhumans in the past. He would prepare his armor to detect Speed Demon, and with his weapon (and, even the powers he has since possessed), fill the area with fear and doubt, easily making Speed Demon succumb to his deepest fears, of which a constant loser like he will have plenty.

This is not a match that will require hours of battle...it would be finished in meer minutes. Psycho Man has gone against the best, usually never to be captured. Speed Demon would simply be a warm-up for his future battles.

Winner: Psycho Man

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #6
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,817
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Rebuttal:

My opponent gives Speed Demon way too much credit than he deserves. He claims that SD "moves faster then the speed of sound." In fact, as I pointed out above from the bio located at here, Speed Demon can only travel up to 160 mph. Plus, he says he will be using "knives" to cut up Psycho Man's armor. I would guess since Psycho Man hasn't really sustained a large amount of damage to his armor in his battles with the Fantastic Four, that "knives" will not do the trick. Finally, Psycho Man CAN detect where Speed Demon is coming from, and doesn't need to have his weapons "latch onto James Saunders." This isn't a ray gun, it emits it's powers over a general area. It's more like a wave of fear, doubt and panic....enough to make Speed Demon die of fear, if he makes it powerful enough.

Winner: Psycho Man

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #7
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,253
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Meltdown boom booms on Sphinx



Let me first get this out of the way, yes, Sphinx has a clear advantage in this match. And yes, he probably would win on any other day. But not today.

Meltdown has the ability to create plasma spheres that detonate on her command, these are very powerful. She also thanks to Pete Wisom is able to create "plasma spikes" that are as well very powerful. Sphinx in possession of the Ka Stone is able to channel mystical energies and emit them as powerful concussive, light and heat blasts. He also has Superhuman strenght and the ability to fly.

Meeting on the Blue Area of the Moon, the two meet up and quickly go into battle, Meltdown quickly throws out her plasma bombs and they explode in Sphinx's face. Hes very pwerful so hes only slightly stunned, she quickly moves again for another salvo and knocks him back a bit more. Sphinx retaliates with a heat blast that Meltdown dodges running up to him creates her plasma spikes and stabs him, to no avail as Sphinx is very resistant to physical harm. Sphinx flies being able to live without oxygen and begins to attack Meltdown from above with heat, light and concussive force blast. Meltdown is on the run dodging and weaving and she gets hit. Sphinx is able to swoop down and in time deliver a final blow, using all of the Ka Stone's pwer and meltdown dodges the final blast. With his energy depleted Meltdown renews her attacks not knowing his energies have been depleted. plasma bombs and spikes efficiently and quickly, Meltdown is able to bring him down and tire him out. Meltdown doesnt kill him but Sphinx is defeated.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #8
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,817
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere

DAAANG! Baby's got back!!!

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:08 AM   #9
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
Speed Demon Vs. Psycho Man:

As stated in his biography, "Psycho-Man has great intelligence and mathematical genius, as well as extensive knowledge of technology far in advance of present-day Earth's." This gives Psycho Man an instant advantage over Speed Demon. As The Blue Side of the Moon has been home to a variety of races, including The Inhumans, Uatu, and the Kree, much of their technology would be left over for Psycho Man to use at his disposal. Speed Demon, on the other hand, just runs fast.

In fact, let's look at Speed Demon's bio:

"Speed Demon can move at superhuman speed. He can run at 160 mph and his reflexes are four times greater than a normal human being."

First, SD isn't fighting a normal human being. SD is fighting someone who has a variety of "armor and weapons. He has sometimes stated that he derives power from the emotions he causes, like a psychic vampire. He recently gained some of the powers of his Control Box, as well as the ability to generate solid energy forms to give substance to his illusions." These manipulations on people are so intense, they can "trigger three emotional states: Fear, Doubt, and Hate...The intensity can range from mild to extreme causing hallucinations and even death."

Psycho Man will not fool around, and has been able to detect superhumans in the past. He would prepare his armor to detect Speed Demon, and with his weapon (and, even the powers he has since possessed), fill the area with fear and doubt, easily making Speed Demon succumb to his deepest fears, of which a constant loser like he will have plenty.

This is not a match that will require hours of battle...it would be finished in meer minutes. Psycho Man has gone against the best, usually never to be captured. Speed Demon would simply be a warm-up for his future battles.

Winner: Psycho Man
Rebuttal

First of all, his speed is in question but he has been seen to travel faster then 160MPH and that power description comes from Wikipedia which has inaccuracies.

Speed Demon's use of any weapon would cut the Pscho Man like butter for combined with his speed it can penetrate anything.

Simply put he could get a straw to penetrate psycho man's helmet given the speed which it would come at agaiknst psycho man.

And maybe he could adjust his armour to sense Speed Demon, but would it sense him fast enough....Sensors need time and time is not anything they would have with a Speedster like SPeed Demon.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 04:05 PM   #10
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,817
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda

First of all, his speed is in question but he has been seen to travel faster then 160MPH and that power description comes from Wikipedia which has inaccuracies.
Actually, that comes from at least two biographies I found out about him, including:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Demon

http://www.samruby.com/Villains/Spee...peed_demon.htm

In fact, Speed Demon is such a joke, he made the following statement in Quasar #17: "Arrgh! How can there be so many persons faster than me?" In that issue Quicksilver, Whizzer II and Makkari easily outrace him in the Runner's super-speedster marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
Speed Demon's use of any weapon would cut the Pscho Man like butter for combined with his speed it can penetrate anything.
Never been shown, that is just a statement that has absolutely zero proof. In fact, I really like this example of his great fighting ability using weapons in conjuction with his super speed:

"Deciding to branch out, Speed Demon would later participate in an event called the Bloodsport, an annual tournament held in Madipoor showcasing fighters from around the globe. During the first round, He was pitted against Wolverine (as Patch) in a Cylinder Match. Despite his best efforts and the addition to throwing knives into his arsenal, Speed Demon did not fair well. While trying to incapacitate Patch in a vortex of wind, Speed Demon was caught in the neck by one of his own throwing knives. Bleeding profusely, Saunders fell pray to Patch."

Hmmm...I think it's best Speed Demon stay away from knives in his fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
Simply put he could get a straw to penetrate psycho man's helmet given the speed which it would come at agaiknst psycho man.
Ok, now you're grasping at straws. (Pun intended.) First, there has NEVER been an instance of him displaying any of these acts. Really? A straw??? Secondly, Speed Demon couldn't come close to Psycho Man's helmet, because Psycho Man can be as tall as a building. He has many suits of armor, some extremely tall, as when he's taking on the ENTIRE Fantastic Four in the picture below:




Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
And maybe he could adjust his armour to sense Speed Demon, but would it sense him fast enough....Sensors need time and time is not anything they would have with a Speedster like SPeed Demon.
Yes, it would sense him fast enough. As I've shown, he's fast, but at 160 MPH, not that fast. In fact, he has such an extensive scientific knowledge, he has his own World-Ship for transportation...and, it also contains a complete mobile laboratory.

Winner: Psycho Man

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:59 AM   #11
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

match 2:

Gauntlet (ZOKEN) bio



vs.

Bullseye (HIPPY FASCIST) bio

[/quote]

Bullseye is good, no denying that. However, no matter how good he is, he is still only human. Gauntlet was good before, and then improved himself with cybernetic technology. He made his own body into the weapon. While Bullseye may bring a small cache of throwing weapons after moments he would quickly deplete his sources, all Guantlet has to do is wait him out...

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #12
hippy fascist
Banned User
 
hippy fascist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In bed with your mom
Posts: 10,099
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoken
match 2:

Gauntlet (ZOKEN) bio



vs.

Bullseye (HIPPY FASCIST) bio

Bullseye is good, no denying that. However, no matter how good he is, he is still only human. Gauntlet was good before, and then improved himself with cybernetic technology. He made his own body into the weapon.(1) While Bullseye may bring a small cache of throwing weapons after moments he would quickly deplete his sources, all Guantlet has to do is wait him out(2)...[/quote]
  1. As opposed to bullseye who was...born a weapon
  2. Have you ever actually read a comic with Bullseye in it? Shards of glass,toothpicks,pebbles,tic-tacs, a freakin tomato...Every one of these is a potential weapon, as is anything else he can lift and throw
On a final note bullseye has tangled with daredevil so we can at least say he is extremely athletic, very limber and used to coping with difficult terrain (roof-top to roof-top, cramped alleys, various churches etc, etc...)

WINNER: BULLSEYE

hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #13
hippy fascist
Banned User
 
hippy fascist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In bed with your mom
Posts: 10,099
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
BRACKET 6,

Match 2:

Gauntlet (ZOKEN) bio



vs.

Bullseye (HIPPY FASCIST) bio

Ok debate number 2.

Bullseye...if ever there was a character that the only use the information available to you prior to battle it is Bullseye! Every time the guy goes up against his opponents he uses his contacts in the underworld to make sure that he KNOWS them, and when I sa knows I mean he knows about that time you crapped your pants in gym class cause you ate a bowl of clam choweder that smelt kinda funny. The guy goes to sociopathic levels in profiling his opponents. He will not only find out about your powers but also any painful memories you have, which he will exploit for maximum psycholgical damage. Bullseye, while primarily a marksman is also extremely well atuned to ****ing(sorry judges...) with people's heads.

Secondly Bullseye is basically a gun with a pulse, only this gun hits every time and can use ANYTHING as amo. He can aim perfectly not only in a straight line but also using a strange knowledge of geometry( ) to take advantage of nearby terrain/objects to bounce a projectile back on itself.
This allows him to use guerilla tactics to claim the upperhand, heavy weapons are useless in a guerilla war. People can be hinding ANYWHERE and since bullseye never even needs to get involved in close combat he could be bouncing around anywhere and from a hell of a distance, still managing to hit every time. This level of accuracy is perfect for taking on a partial cyborg due to the fact that he's the one guy that you know can hit the organic parts frst time every time (incidentally due to the extreme nature of bullseye's usual background checks I assume he will be able to find out what gauntlet has had replaced over the years and work round it)

Finally we have the unlimited ammo factor, even claw will run out eventually but to bullseye a toothpick is a deadly weapon, a tiny pebble is a deadly weapon, you name it he can use it. If bullseye he takes it long distance he can keep going all day long and never run dry... like a camel

Gauntlet is an opponent not to be underestimated, but he'd get his ass handed to him by Bullseye!

WINNER: BULLSEYE!

hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #14
Hellstormer
Side-Kick
 
Hellstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
BRACKET 6,

Match 1:

Emplate (AHURA MAZDA) bio



vs.

Morph - Exiles (HELLSTORMER) bio


Morph is composed of unstable molecules, plain and simple. He can only be harmed by burns, radiation, and acid. Meaning the vamperic touch of Emplate would be like biting into cotton candy, it would be gone beofre you even knew it was there. And Morph isn't dumb so he'll make sure to hit Emplate when he's insynch and once he go him down he would make sure to keep him down. Morph's held is own against Super Souless Hyperion, I certainly think he can take care of this bozo. O and since he can get information about any character from any universe thanks to his HQ he would be fully prepared.

__________________
------Comic Vine------
Dc vs. Marvel is back and here for good.
Buy Wolf-Man
R.I.P. Heath, you got the last laugh...
Hellstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:59 AM   #15
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstormer
Morph is composed of unstable molecules, plain and simple. He can only be harmed by burns, radiation, and acid. Meaning the vamperic touch of Emplate would be like biting into cotton candy, it would be gone beofre you even knew it was there. And Morph isn't dumb so he'll make sure to hit Emplate when he's insynch and once he go him down he would make sure to keep him down. Morph's held is own against Super Souless Hyperion, I certainly think he can take care of this bozo. O and since he can get information about any character from any universe thanks to his HQ he would be fully prepared.
Rebuttal

Hmmm...everybody likes bringing up the Hyperion fight which the exiles only survived (as a team, may I add) because they had the help of 2 other Hyperions.

Plus you seem to forget that Emplate will copy Morphs powers and has an instant understanding of them. Therefore he could simply unynch himself (he would be invisible) and turn himself into a radiation emitting weapon.

The thing is Morph could never touch Emplate whereas emplate could touch him whenever he wanted.

Also, note that any creature Emplate feeds off of is prone to become his slave.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #16
Hellstormer
Side-Kick
 
Hellstormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 4,919
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahura Mazda
Rebuttal

Hmmm...everybody likes bringing up the Hyperion fight which the exiles only survived (as a team, may I add) because they had the help of 2 other Hyperions.

Plus you seem to forget that Emplate will copy Morphs powers and has an instant understanding of them. Therefore he could simply unynch himself (he would be invisible) and turn himself into a radiation emitting weapon.

The thing is Morph could never touch Emplate whereas emplate could touch him whenever he wanted.

Also, note that any creature Emplate feeds off of is prone to become his slave.
He can't copy his powers because he needs bone marrow which Morph has none of. And I'm talking about the tie when Morph went at Hyperion by himself and made it out alove, he didn't beat him but he survived.

__________________
------Comic Vine------
Dc vs. Marvel is back and here for good.
Buy Wolf-Man
R.I.P. Heath, you got the last laugh...
Hellstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #17
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellstormer
He can't copy his powers because he needs bone marrow which Morph has none of. And I'm talking about the tie when Morph went at Hyperion by himself and made it out alove, he didn't beat him but he survived.

So survival means tie.....I do not think so but in any case, emplate is not hyperion.

The reality is emplate cannot even be touched by morph so therefore he could never harm, yet emplate could harm morph catching him unawares.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:40 AM   #18
Ahura Mazda
Side-Kick
 
Ahura Mazda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Geneva
Posts: 10,810
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45
Match 1:

Speed Demon (AHURA MAZDA) bio



vs.

Psycho Man (PHAEDRUS45) bio




[
Hello again....

Speed demon is a quicksilver type character with a mean streak. He could dodge any weapon of psycho mans while using knives to cut up his armour. Psycho man would not even have time to blink and he would be dead. Need I say more…..(please say no)

Psycho man has the ability to create illusions but he would not be able to latch onto James Saunders before Saunders made short work of him. Speed demon is just too fast for psycho man to affect.

This battle would not take very long for a character that moves faster then the speed of sound.

__________________
Avatar thanks to Nightwing
Ahura Mazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #19
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,253
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Thats my secret weapon for votes: ass.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 11:56 AM   #20
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus45


BRACKET 5,

Sphinx (ZOKEN) bio



vs.

Meltdown (DARTHPHERE) bio

Sphinx's reality alter powers and immortality would allow him to roll right over meltdown. Not to mention eons of experience and knowledged. Plus he's used to working in non-earth environments. It is possible that Meltdown could be come dissoriented or simply startled by the strange Blue Area. Sphinx is also ruthless, doing anything to get what he wants. he might simply toss Meltdown into the airless part of the moon.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:15 PM   #21
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!
 
Darthphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Phantom Zone
Posts: 83,253
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoken
Sphinx's reality alter powers and immortality would allow him to roll right over meltdown. Not to mention eons of experience and knowledged. Plus he's used to working in non-earth environments. It is possible that Meltdown could be come dissoriented or simply startled by the strange Blue Area. Sphinx is also ruthless, doing anything to get what he wants. he might simply toss Meltdown into the airless part of the moon.

Rebuttal: The Ka Stone only grants Sphinx immortality if its complete. Therefore its safe to assume that in this contest he would not have a complete Ka Stone because that would cause him to be too uber.

__________________
"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #22
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere
Rebuttal: The Ka Stone only grants Sphinx immortality if its complete. Therefore its safe to assume that in this contest he would not have a complete Ka Stone because that would cause him to be too uber.
Re-direct: It wasn't specified that he had an incomplete Ka-Stone, and since he had a complete one for most of his career (Thousands of years) we can safely assume he possess one at the time he was tapped for this fight.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:49 PM   #23
Phaedrus45
Side-Kick
 
Phaedrus45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Paisley Park
Posts: 10,817
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3



For Clarification: The Sphinx version we are using is the New Warrior's Sphinx. Thus, this is why that character was put under the heading of New Warriors in the character listings. Here is the bio portion under Wikipedia.

"Later, Anath-Na Mut was resurrected by the Ka Stone, and instantly took his vengeance on the New Warriors by scattering them all through time. Meryet Karim had also re-appeared by this time, but she had realized her mistake in altering reality and no longer wanted revenge on the Warriors. When her attempt to make the Sphinx see reason failed, she gathered a small team of the Warrior's part-time members including Alex Power, Bandit, Dagger, Darkhawk, to find and bring the Warriors back to the present day, which they did. After a pitched battle between them and the Sphinx, the mysterious entity known as Sayge (aka Veritas) came to the Warriors' aid and forced the Sphinx to face the truth about his existence. Humbled, the Sphinx admitted defeat and Meryet once again offered her love and devotion to him, which he accepted and the two merged into a composite entity and traveled back to the beginning of their shared history, but this time with the chance to live their lives correctly."

I'll see if I can find a better bio. The first version of The Sphinx battle Galactus, and is clearly not the version intended.

Phaedrus45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 04:01 PM   #24
Zoken
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the deep dark recesses of my mind
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

The moon's terrain isn't pebbely, it's dusty. While Bullseye may be able to use small rocks for a while, he will run out eventually. They are fighting in the Blue Area of the moon, I'm assuming outside of Attilan.

Guantlet is a hunter. He's also going to be making extreme research on his opponent, knowing the keep away, making the proper adjustments to his weaponry. both are high level mercenaries, but at the end of the day, no matter how good Bullseye is, He's still only human.

Zoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #25
hippy fascist
Banned User
 
hippy fascist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In bed with your mom
Posts: 10,099
Talking Re: Contest of Marvels II Thread 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoken
The moon's terrain isn't pebbely, it's dusty. While Bullseye may be able to use small rocks for a while, he will run out eventually. They are fighting in the Blue Area of the moon, I'm assuming outside of Attilan.

Guantlet is a hunter. He's also going to be making extreme research on his opponent, knowing the keep away, making the proper adjustments to his weaponry. both are high level mercenaries, but at the end of the day, no matter how good Bullseye is, He's still only human.
Don't get me wrong gauntlet is strong but with regards the ammo issue all he has to do is take a couple of bags of ball bearings, that way he could take several hundred each one acting essentially like a bullet. 50 bullets, each ripping through gauntlet with pinpoint accuracy would eventually take him out. He's strong but he's not immortal.

Bullseye is only a human? Adamantium skeleton ring any bells. The guy hits like a sledgehammer and can hold his own against DD in hand to hand combat.

Gauntlet is a hunter, fair enough. But bulseye is a trained NSA assassin.

With regards gauntlet's arsenal bullseye has proved more than adept at evading gunfire taking on the punisher...who couldn't hit him. If frank castle can't hit someone with a gun, Gauntlet will at least struggle

WINNER: BULLSEYE!

hippy fascist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.