The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 07-26-2007, 01:53 AM   #1
combusticator
A freak...LIKE ME!

Default Blue Team and Gold Team

I got into X-men around '93 when Jim Lee (whom I still hold as one of my favorite, if not favorite artist) was writing and the X-men branched off into two teams and they had two issues X-men and the Uncanny X-men. Storm leading the Gold team in the Uncanny and Cyclops leading the Blue team.

Anyfreakin'who, I always thought, just like the movies wanting to develop more the characters they already had while introducing new characters, the comic books split into two lines...what if 20th Century Fox got the balls to do something totally new like that, make two movies at once and split up the teams, have the characters still connect like the comics did, but mainly have two story lines in two separate movies going on.

Did anyone follow X-men during this time? Does anyone else think that'd be totally awesome, though most likely not in anyway possible?

Old 07-26-2007, 03:24 AM   #2
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Blue Team and Gold Team

Haha. Yeah, it would be interesting, but as you say, most likely not in anyway possible. Although, in the future, they could split the team into two groups within a single movie and follow the characters that way (kind of like in X2).

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
Neptune
Uchiha!

I don't think it's a good idea. You'll mis a lot of interaction between the X-men. No Cyclops and Jean, no Gambit and Storm etc. It would be a good idea of they made 2 teams in the same movie. If for some reason they do decide to make seperate movies then i am definitely watching the movie about the blue team. That is one great X-men line up

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #4
iamlegend
Que es eso?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune View Post
I don't think it's a good idea. You'll mis a lot of interaction between the X-men. No Cyclops and Jean, no Gambit and Storm etc. It would be a good idea of they made 2 teams in the same movie. If for some reason they do decide to make seperate movies then i am definitely watching the movie about the blue team. That is one great X-men line up
Bah...

Seriously, why do we need Cyke/Jean interaction? It was boring the first time around in the movies, and it would be boring the second time around! Let Cyke/Jean go!

While the two teams thing wouldn't really work out well, I'd be happy with the rosters. X-Men Blue was what I consider the single greatest run in the X-Books in the last 17 or so years (AKA, post 1990).

Old 07-26-2007, 12:34 PM   #5
Neptune
Uchiha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlegend View Post
Bah...

Seriously, why do we need Cyke/Jean interaction? It was boring the first time around in the movies, and it would be boring the second time around! Let Cyke/Jean go!

While the two teams thing wouldn't really work out well, I'd be happy with the rosters. X-Men Blue was what I consider the single greatest run in the X-Books in the last 17 or so years (AKA, post 1990).
Of course we need Jean and Cyclops interaction. We need character development. They are probably my least favorite X-men but they need some depth. And don't even get me started on Gambit and Storm

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Neptune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
Telekinetic
Side-Kick

Wow thats a greeeaaat idea!!!

It would be crazy if they made movies like that!

(> < ) BRAWL CODE: 0946 1895 3593

Telekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:46 PM   #7
Angamb
Banned User

It's a nice idea, but if I'm sincere, I'd preffer a 2:30 hours movie with all the actual x-men, and maybe a part of the movie with the team divided.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #8
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

It would be a great idea to split the X-Men into 2 teams but I just hope they don't call them "blue Team" and "gold team" and those 2 team still have to appear in 1 movie.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i loved Jim Lee's work on X-Men

it was great to be a comic book fan in the 90s

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote