The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
The Joker_1000
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 7,832
Default The Official Batman & Robin Thread

I like the movie despite the horrible acting from George Clooney. I love the Bane in this movie even though he's only a lumbering brute & I absolutely love Arnold's Mr. Freeze & Chris O'Donnell's Robin. I'm glad he actually came back to portray Robin & I'm glad we at least got Bane, even though he was just a lumbering brute.












The Joker_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
Joker
Banned User
 
Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The Ha-Hacienda
Posts: 33,772
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Freeze constantly made bad jokes and had no depth, and Robin was 25. This movie sucked, and has no redeeming qualities.

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:42 PM   #3
Reflectionist
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 222
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Freeze constantly made bad jokes and had no depth, and Robin was 25. This movie sucked, and has no redeeming qualities.
It has 2.

1. It ended.
2. Shumacher apologized for it.

Reflectionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 11:47 PM   #4
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,081
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Freeze constantly made bad jokes and had no depth, and Robin was 25. This movie sucked, and has no redeeming qualities.
Not even the Alfred subplot?

Bane looks like an S&M fiend.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
The Joker_1000
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 7,832
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

That's your opinion but I think that the movie was pretty good although I hated George Clooney as Bruce Wayne/Batman. I'm watching the movie right now though.

The Joker_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
I3ATIVIAN
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Gotham City. My Home. My Playground
Posts: 79
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker_1000 View Post
That's your opinion but I think that the movie was pretty good although I hated George Clooney as Bruce Wayne/Batman. I'm watching the movie right now though.
This was the reason Batman went into hiding for almost 10 years was because of this damn movie. It had no sentimental value. The only reason I bought it was because it was in the new digitally mastered pack I bought. Other wise it was garbage. Nipples on Suit, George Clooney as Batman, Arnold as Mr. Freeze(Victor Fries was 6 foot tall in the comic books, not 6'3 and 250 something pounds).

Joel should of died and I think he will after this and Batman Forever.

I3ATIVIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #7
Mr. Socko
Side-Kick
 
Mr. Socko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fleet Street
Posts: 23,329
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ATIVIAN View Post
This was the reason Batman went into hiding for almost 10 years was because of this damn movie. It had no sentimental value. The only reason I bought it was because it was in the new digitally mastered pack I bought. Other wise it was garbage. Nipples on Suit,
If you didn't like the movie fine, personally, nipples on the suit never bothered me. And it sure wasn't something that made the movie bad. Unless you are telling me you would have liked the movie if the nipples were not there, and I highly doubt that.

Quote:
George Clooney as Batman,
I can say Clooney was my least favorite part about B&R.

Quote:
Arnold as Mr. Freeze(Victor Fries was 6 foot tall in the comic books, not 6'3 and 250 something pounds).
What's your point? None of the actors have the exact same stats as their comic book counterparts. Case in point: Batman. His size certainly wasnt something that made the performance good or bad.

Quote:
Joel should of died and I think he will after this and Batman Forever.
You are truly a pathetic person.

__________________
"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"- Harry Callahan
Mr. Socko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:12 PM   #8
The Joker_1000
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 7,832
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Socko View Post
If you didn't like the movie fine, personally, nipples on the suit never bothered me. And it sure wasn't something that made the movie bad. Unless you are telling me you would have liked the movie if the nipples were not there, and I highly doubt that.



I can say Clooney was my least favorite part about B&R.



What's your point? None of the actors have the exact same stats as their comic book counterparts. Case in point: Batman. His size certainly wasnt something that made the performance good or bad.



You are truly a pathetic person.
Yeah, isn't he?

The Joker_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:56 PM   #9
BatmanForNever
The Winged Avenger
 
BatmanForNever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Your mind...
Posts: 372
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Ok here's the thing, it's all manner of opinion. Some people prefer Batman, some love Returns, some claim by Forever, some *gasp* even like Batman & Robin.

But the truth is B&R is a pretty terrible movie. But it's part of the family, it's the unwanted step child. But it's still Batman, we cannot shun it fully, nor do we want to claim it fully.

But to wish death on a director, when I thought he did a pretty awesome job with Forever, is just stupid.

__________________
Fortune smiles, another day of wine and roses, or in your case, beer and pizza!

I <3 Nicole Kidman's Tusher.
BatmanForNever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:41 PM   #10
Two-Face
Harvey Dent
 
Two-Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 47,631
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

"You're not sending me to the cooler"

"Sing, sing!"

__________________
"Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." - The Dark Knight.

Avatar by Kane.
Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #11
The Joker_1000
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 7,832
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

I only liked a handful of things in the movie but for the most part it was crap, I just enjoy the movie for some reason.

The Joker_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:05 PM   #12
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

It's an atrocious film and I love it. In fact, I watch it once a month, and it never ceases to cheer me up.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #13
The Joker_1000
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 7,832
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Yeah, that's one thing I'll always agree with. I love the movie, but it's horrible. It's loads of fun to watch though.

The Joker_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:20 PM   #14
Superman Prime
In All Conscience
 
Superman Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sancta Terra
Posts: 9,234
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

I watch B&R over the Adam West series any day. Some people say this is the "wrong kind of camp", but they don't know what they're talking about. It's fun, hilarious, and the visuals are awesome.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:22 PM   #15
The Joker_1000
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 7,832
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

The only thing I kind of hate about the movie is George Clooney as Batman. He started off good but then it got worser & worser.

The Joker_1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!
 
DaRkVeNgeanCe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Binghamton, NY
Posts: 12,825
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Its funny the guy that played Bane died shortly after the films release because he overdosed on some sort of steroids.

__________________
MY VIDEO REVIEW SHOW: EPIC FILM GUYS
www.youtube.com/epicfilmguysny www.facebook.com/epicfilmguys
1939-2014: 75 YEARS OF THE BATMAN
SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
DaRkVeNgeanCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM   #17
SHADOWBAT69
outlaw
 
SHADOWBAT69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,337
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

I always say Im gonna sit down and watch B&R, but every time I put it on I can never get more than 30 minutes into it.

__________________
"You can lock it up, burn it,and bury it, and pray that it dies. But it never does. It just....rests awhile."
SHADOWBAT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #18
The Spider-Bat
Side-Kick
 
The Spider-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Behind you
Posts: 2,884
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADOWBAT69 View Post
I always say Im gonna sit down and watch B&R, but every time I put it on I can never get more than 30 minutes into it.

I am the exact same way, usually right after the part with the shuttle... I have to turn it off.

__________________
I think TDK should end with Batman taking off his cowl and he is actually Joker! It would mess with everyone's mind. Then it cuts to black and says "Fight Club 2". Then credits. - StillTheKing
The Spider-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #19
GoogleMe94
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,401
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker_1000 View Post

and ppl thought he was gay.

GoogleMe94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #20
Gotham22
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 308
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

It was a good film, not the best of the series though.

Gotham22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 08:17 AM   #21
CFE
This is a job for...
 
CFE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: At The Movies
Posts: 8,992
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Redeeming qualities:

1: Michael Gough

Finest performance in the film, and his best of the series.

2: Pat Hingle

Might not have done much, but still welcome to see him.

3: Elle Macpherson

Might not have done much, but still welcome to see her (wink, wink)

4: More Batman Mythos

Nolan might be doing it now, but Schumacher was the first (both in BF and B&R) to introduce key elements of the mythology, such as Wayne Enterprises and Arkham Asylum. And, IMO, Schumacher's Arkham (visually) kicks the ass of Nolan's Arkham.

5: A Message of Family

Is it forced? Absolutely. Is it important? Absolutely.

6: Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and Bane in the Flesh

Burton wouldn't have done it...Nolan won't do it...Through Schumacher's films we were finally given big budget live action versions of Mr. Freeze (yes I know he was in the 60's series, but still) Poison Ivy and Bane. Quality is arguable, especially with Bane...but it's still cool to see a live action rendition.

7: Paul Dini's "Freeze" Origin.

It was one thing in the TAS episode 'Heart of Ice' for producer/writer Paul Dini to create this fantastic new origin for Mr. Freeze. It's another for it to be so completely amazing that the live action realm embrace it. So add "Live Action Nora Fries" to the list from number 6.

8: A Bat Film for Kids

Contrary to belief, Children make up the bulk of the fanbase, and I'm with Joel...I don't see the harm in giving the kid-fans a Batman movie of their very own.

9: Cinematography
10: Costume Design
11: Visual Effects
12: Editing
13: Production Design
14: Sound Design
15: Score

Because despite the arguement over the literal and creative side of the film, NO ONE can argue that for what it is, it's a film that was well put together.

----

CFE

__________________
Follow CFE on Facebook

Chas Blankenship's "BAT-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" -- Chas Blankenship's "SUPER-MANIA - The Exhibition Blog" - Coming Soon
CFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:36 AM   #22
SHADOWBAT69
outlaw
 
SHADOWBAT69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,337
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMICFILMEXPERT View Post
Redeeming qualities:

1: Michael Gough

Finest performance in the film, and his best of the series.

2: Pat Hingle

Might not have done much, but still welcome to see him.

3: Elle Macpherson

Might not have done much, but still welcome to see her (wink, wink)

4: More Batman Mythos

Nolan might be doing it now, but Schumacher was the first (both in BF and B&R) to introduce key elements of the mythology, such as Wayne Enterprises and Arkham Asylum. And, IMO, Schumacher's Arkham (visually) kicks the ass of Nolan's Arkham.

5: A Message of Family

Is it forced? Absolutely. Is it important? Absolutely.

6: Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and Bane in the Flesh

Burton wouldn't have done it...Nolan won't do it...Through Schumacher's films we were finally given big budget live action versions of Mr. Freeze (yes I know he was in the 60's series, but still) Poison Ivy and Bane. Quality is arguable, especially with Bane...but it's still cool to see a live action rendition.

7: Paul Dini's "Freeze" Origin.

It was one thing in the TAS episode 'Heart of Ice' for producer/writer Paul Dini to create this fantastic new origin for Mr. Freeze. It's another for it to be so completely amazing that the live action realm embrace it. So add "Live Action Nora Fries" to the list from number 6.

8: A Bat Film for Kids

Contrary to belief, Children make up the bulk of the fanbase, and I'm with Joel...I don't see the harm in giving the kid-fans a Batman movie of their very own.

9: Cinematography
10: Costume Design
11: Visual Effects
12: Editing
13: Production Design
14: Sound Design
15: Score

Because despite the arguement over the literal and creative side of the film, NO ONE can argue that for what it is, it's a film that was well put together.

----

CFE
I agree with everything you have stated. I especially am in agreement with Arkhman Asylum.

__________________
"You can lock it up, burn it,and bury it, and pray that it dies. But it never does. It just....rests awhile."
SHADOWBAT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #23
Muzzled Penguin
B_Showers
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 50
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFE View Post
Redeeming qualities:

1: Michael Gough

Finest performance in the film, and his best of the series.

2: Pat Hingle

Might not have done much, but still welcome to see him.

3: Elle Macpherson

Might not have done much, but still welcome to see her (wink, wink)

4: More Batman Mythos

Nolan might be doing it now, but Schumacher was the first (both in BF and B&R) to introduce key elements of the mythology, such as Wayne Enterprises and Arkham Asylum. And, IMO, Schumacher's Arkham (visually) kicks the ass of Nolan's Arkham.

5: A Message of Family

Is it forced? Absolutely. Is it important? Absolutely.

6: Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and Bane in the Flesh

Burton wouldn't have done it...Nolan won't do it...Through Schumacher's films we were finally given big budget live action versions of Mr. Freeze (yes I know he was in the 60's series, but still) Poison Ivy and Bane. Quality is arguable, especially with Bane...but it's still cool to see a live action rendition.

7: Paul Dini's "Freeze" Origin.

It was one thing in the TAS episode 'Heart of Ice' for producer/writer Paul Dini to create this fantastic new origin for Mr. Freeze. It's another for it to be so completely amazing that the live action realm embrace it. So add "Live Action Nora Fries" to the list from number 6.

8: A Bat Film for Kids

Contrary to belief, Children make up the bulk of the fanbase, and I'm with Joel...I don't see the harm in giving the kid-fans a Batman movie of their very own.

9: Cinematography
10: Costume Design
11: Visual Effects
12: Editing
13: Production Design
14: Sound Design
15: Score

Because despite the arguement over the literal and creative side of the film, NO ONE can argue that for what it is, it's a film that was well put together.

----

CFE
I agree with you 100% on all of this. Im not going to say that this was the best Batman movie ever made, but it was a decent flick. The thing that nobody really ever seems to realize is the fact that Schumacher stayed close to the origins of all the characters and was the first to do so. Look at Two-Face in Forever... perfect (origin wise)!!! What did Nolan do? Threw him in a gasoline fire...
And not only did he totally screw up the character in general in TDK, but he teased the fact that he didnt use the original origin and knew it. The scene where he was prosecuting the Maroni crime gang, and the guy pulled out the gun was nothing but a huge slap in the face for everyone like us who were excited for Two-Face and left the theatre totally disappointed in him.

And wtf is Bane all about in TDKR???? He's 5'7" and weighs maybe 200 pounds, cant understand a single word he says because Nolan refuses to let the cast of Inception go, and wears a Mortal Kombat rip-off mask. Sounds more like Mad Hatter then Bane, if you ask me.

I dont mean to offend anyone with this, this is just my opinion.

Muzzled Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #24
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!
 
Venom75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pittsburgh,Pa.
Posts: 1,755
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

I honestly view this film as one of those movies that's SO bad,that's it's almost...fun. Most times it is cringe worthy,but still. Kinda like Jaws 3D. You know what it reminds me of? The Batman tv show from the 60's but with a huge budget to play around with.

__________________
-I'm a Freddy Krueger,Spider-man and Venom(the Eddie Brock version) FANATIC!

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
brettculp
dark knight filmmaker
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: tampa, florida
Posts: 11
Default Re: The Official Batman & Robin Thread

For me, the acting & the dialogue are the major problem for this film. They are horrible, which is a BIG problem for a narrative film.

Visually, I enjoy this movie tremendously. I believe the overall visual approach has had a significant impact on films I love, like the Underworld series.

If you mute the film & play it at a party with cool club music,
I think it holds up as visual Batman art. If the best images together as a music video, it would be fabulous. As stylized imagery, it is perhaps more arresting than any of other Batman film.

Also, I find that I like this movie better than Batman Forever.

brettculp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.