The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America World

Old 03-31-2009, 03:43 PM   #1
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default the Video Game?

so.. a Cap solo video game.. ah.. based entirely in WWII.. how should the game be put together.. what game engine could make a good template?

fighting missions.. driving missions.. maybe even a flying mission..

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Default Re: the Video Game?

this would be goodwith a cliffhanger style storyline

Old 05-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
ScottishFogg
Narnian

I'd look at the new Wolverine game for a template/engine. I think the folks at Raven pretty much nailed it.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

They better start working on it now(& Thor, Spidey 4 & Avengers) or it'll be crap.

Old 07-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #5
TheWatcher
Dapper

-It should have gameplay like Gears of War 2,but with more melee and less guns.
-It should include online co-op with your friends. The playable characters should be Cap,Bucky,Namor,The Human Torch,Union Jack,and Spitfire. With two man teams. CA/Bucky,Namor/Torch,and UJ/Spitfire.
-Driving missions.
-Flying missions.
-Unlockable costumes.
-You should be able to replay any mission that you have beat with your new costume.
-Every character should have new costumes.

^ I'm day dreaming of course.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 09-19-2010 at 01:42 PM.
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 AM   #6
marc8358

I did look at the new Wolverine game for a template. I think the folks at Raven pretty much nailed it.

marc8358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
Dr. Sid Jawtug
Banned User

Captain America and the Avegers on SNES & SEGA was a pretty bad ass game with tons of cameos. I would definitely pick up a Cap game for the 360.

Dr. Sid Jawtug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
Dr. Sid Jawtug
Banned User

Sorry I dp'd

Last edited by Dr. Sid Jawtug; 02-24-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: double post
Dr. Sid Jawtug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
TheWatcher
Dapper

See post above.

-Christian Bale
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:43 AM   #10
Guhndoi
Side-Kick's Side-Kick

Quote:
"Video game players the world over can now become Marvel's iconic super hero Captain America," said Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing at SEGA Europe and SEGA America. "'Captain America: Super Soldier' puts players in the boots of the ultimate Super Soldier, wielding Captain America's legendary shield. Working closely with Marvel ensures we're delivering the calibre product that gamers and comic fans deserve and it's a partnership we're proud of here at SEGA."

Players will become Captain America as he faces the Red Skull and his army in an epic third-person action adventure set in the darkest days of World War II. Wielding Captain America's legendary shield, gamers will engage in free-flowing combat and acrobatic platforming to infiltrate Hydra's mysterious castle and battle the infamous Iron Cross, the forces of Hydra, and a host of nefarious enemies serving the Red Skull. As the First Avenger himself, players must defeat the evil scientist Arnim Zola and his wartime experiments, combining powerful melee combos and shield attacks to devastating effect.

"Captain America: Super Soldier" combines a highly athletic combat system with fluid platforming and a highly tuned suite of shield attacks, as Cap explores a massive castle turned military installation. His shield can be employed in numerous ways: taking out multiple enemies at once, deflecting incoming fire back at enemies, solving puzzles, and scaling walls. Players will be able to launch shield-first into the fray with the superior force of the world's first Super Soldier at their fingertips--and they'll need every bit of that strength to overcome a castle that's both an acrobatic playground for the Captain's physical prowess and a house of mystery with enemies and danger at every turn.

The original story for "Captain America: Super Soldier" is being penned by noted comic, film, and TV writer Christos Gage. The primary writer for Marvel's AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE series of comics, Gage has written numerous books for major Marvel characters, including SIEGE: CAPTAIN AMERICA, IRON MAN, X-Men, Spider-Man, CIVIL WAR: HOUSE OF M and UNION JACK.

Gage wrote his original story for Captain America: Super Soldier so that the setting exists within the same world as the upcoming movie, but he infused the game with immersive twists designed to enhance gameplay with all-new cinematic action sequences.
Captain America: Super Soldier Trailer

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Looks decent enough. I may pick this one up.

Last edited by Guhndoi; 06-12-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Guhndoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #11
Guhndoi
Side-Kick's Side-Kick

edit

Last edited by Guhndoi; 06-13-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: moved
Guhndoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #12
AgentRaven

The game wasn't that good, Sega mess it up big time

AgentRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #13
Madeline87st

I'd look at the new Wolverine game for a template/engine. I think the folks at Raven pretty much nailed it.

Madeline87st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #14
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

Super Soldier wasn't THAT bad. The combat was pretty cool, fun, and it's exactly how you would expect Cap to fight. Plus the free-running/parkour aspect of the game looked visually good.

Of course, it sucked with Cap having his shield on his back all the time. Lack of the M1911, lack of a squad to give orders to, lack of using a motorcycle, and the whole layout/template of the game was sort of lackluster.

A game with a hub in a SHIELD base (to train, interact with characters, and upgrade Cap), side missions to accept, a squad to follow you and give orders to (Invaders, anyone?), and a compelling story written by a known Marvel writer would make an excellent game.

TJByrum is offline   Reply With Quote