The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-World

View Poll Results: Would you watch an X-Men animated series/DTV/film that did not have Wolverine in it
Yes 39 97.50%
No 1 2.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #1
Panthro
Catman Begins

Default Would you watch an X-Men animated series/DTV/film that did not have Wolverine in it?

Yes, I know, a stupid question considering Marvel, at this point, wouldn't dare do an X-Men related product that didn't prominently feature Wolverine, but if by some chance Marvel actually did make an X-Men animated series or animated DTV or live action film with no Wolverine in it at all, would you watch it?

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Would you watch an X-Men animated series/DTV/film that did not have Wolverine in

I started reading comics in the mid 60's....so I read XMen a long time before Wolvie showed up. It can be done.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #3
MrWayne
Risen...

Default Re: Would you watch an X-Men animated series/DTV/film that did not have Wolverine in

of course! cmon now.. they both can exist with out eachother its not that serious lol

Old 06-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

C. Lee said it best. The X-Men were around and popular way before Wolverine was even thought of. It's not like the universe can't survive without him. Way too over-rated in my opinion, and I'd love to see something without him. In fact what I'd really like to see is the original team in a movie together, now that'd be sweet.

Terror Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
MrWayne
Risen...

i want full powered Ice Man!

Old 06-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Hell yes it could be done. And i'd watch it. It would be refreshing to see Cyclops take the lead instead of continuing to whore out Wolverine. Just do a show about the original five. Panthro and I have discussed this. It would work just as well. Cyclops was the original leader and should still be.

Doctor Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
Panthro
Catman Begins

As Jones just revealed, I would kill to have a series about the original 5 in their early days, or maybe a variation on the early X-Factor stories from the 80s that brought them back together (part of me fears that some of the things done in EVOLUTION and W&TXM may have hurt the already slim chances of a show focused on the classic 5 in the original phase). The real problem essentially is that Marvel probably doesn't have the balls to do an X-Men series that doesn't feature Wolverine on a regular basis, even though there are those among us who've grown tired of him. Hell, even if they did greenlight a series for the original 5 in the beginning, there'd probably have to be some cheesy, obligatory Wolverine guest spot - "Faced with a new threat, the X-Men have no choice but to forge an uneasy alliance with the mysterious Canadian operative known only as Wolverine." The whole thing would end up being a showcase of Wolverine talking trash to Cyclops & dismissing the gang as "kids".

But it's nice to know I'm not alone on this.

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #8
That-Guy
Banned User

Sure, I never really liked Wolverine anyway. I was always more into Cyclops, Archangel, Havok, Cable, Kane, Jean Grey... hell, pretty much anyone but Wolverine and Storm. I always found those two characters pretty boring.

That-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #9
ultimatefan
The Batman must come back

Yeah. Look, I love Wolvie, I was a Wolverine fan before I was an X-Men fan, but there are other interesting characters in the x-verse: Storm can be interesting when well-handled, so can Jean, so can Cyclops - not to mention Beast, a personal favorite of mine.

"Sometimes, people deserve more. Sometimes, they deserve to have their faith rewarded." So, thank you for rewarding mine, Mr. Nolan.

This article should be mandatory reading before people argue about movies on the internet:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-common...-always-wrong/.
ultimatefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
katie_girl09
All kinds of smexy.

As long as Gambit and other mutants that I cared about were around, of course! The X-men do not need Wolverine to be interesting.

katie_girl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Cyma
Side-Kick

What attracted me to the X-men was seeing so many people with so many different powers working together as a team to save the day. Now all I see is Wolverine An X-men series focused only on the X-men would be really refreshing.

Cyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #12
cronosred
Side-Kick

I would love to see an animated origin movie with the original X-men in their original outfits with no Wolverine in sight.

cronosred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #13
tryp09
Side-Kick

^ Totally agree.

There are so many cool X-men I would like to see that they should have two shows. One called X-men and the other X-factor or something like that:

X-men that need more screentime:

Cannonball
Psylocke
Havok
Banshee

tryp09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #14
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I'd definitely watch an animated series based on the early years of the X-Men. Just Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Jean and the Professor. I'd be all for it.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

This era of the anti-hero will have to pass before we see an X-Man show with Wolverine in the background or omitted altogether. You have "The Dark Knight" and Batman in general to thank for that. Give it another decade or so, and it's a possibility.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #16
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
This era of the anti-hero will have to pass before we see an X-Man show with Wolverine in the background or omitted altogether. You have "The Dark Knight" and Batman in general to thank for that. Give it another decade or so, and it's a possibility.
I'm kinda sick of people blaming TDK for crap like this... I'm fairly certain that Fox decided to put Wolverine front and center in the X-films long before Christopher Nolan even considered taking the reigns of the Batman franchise.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #17
Superman Prime
In All Conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I'm kinda sick of people blaming TDK for crap like this... I'm fairly certain that Fox decided to put Wolverine front and center in the X-films long before Christopher Nolan even considered taking the reigns of the Batman franchise.
Even if. Notice also that I said "Batman in general." TDK was a very powerful reinforcement.

Let me make this clear. This upcoming generation looks fantastic compared to the those that condoned racism, started a bunch of needless wars, ruined the economy, and continue to ignore global warming. The 20 and 30 somethings are living the sins of their fathers and grandfathers.
Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:48 PM   #18
Spider-ManHero12
Web-Slinger

Yes, because the X-Men are fantastic all around. It doesn't need to feature Wolverine to be good. Why do you think the original X-Men were so popular?

The Amazing Spider-man (2012) will be literally AMAZING!

A lean, silent figure slowly fades into the gathering darkness, aware at last that in this world, With Great Power There Must Also come Great Responsiblity - Amazing Fantasy #15

Happy 50th Anniversary, Spidey! 1962-2012
Spider-ManHero12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #19
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

I think the real question is "Will you watch another X-Men movie/tvshow/cartoon centered around Wolie?" and to that I say the nay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 08:00 AM   #20
04nbod
I need to debrief you

I'm more likely to watch an x men product that doesn't feature wolverine than one that has him in a starring role. I still haven't finished watching W&the X Men

Old 04-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #21
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Sure!

But Wolverine should be in it because he's the poster boy of the X-Men franchise

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #22
krycek
Side-Kick

Yeah for sure. A cartoon on the original five X-Men would be pretty awesome.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 08:45 PM   #23
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Sure.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:00 AM   #24
Antihero
Side-Kick

If it's a one off movie like First Class,then I would watch it.But I can't imagine a X-Men franchise without Wolverine.

Antihero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #25
KevanG
Brony

I'd prefer him not to be there or at least as a cameo every now and then. That's why I liked the 90's cartoon. He was there but not everything focused on him. That and they had some great episodes and did the Dark Phoenix saga well.

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote