The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

View Poll Results: What did you think of TF:ROTF?
So so 65 16.37%
Good 83 20.91%
Awesome 140 35.26%
Bad 44 11.08%
Really bad 65 16.37%
Voters: 397. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
S.A.A.D.
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In a ****tree
Posts: 5,448
Default Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

Well someone here has seen it and I am sure others will have seen it in the next few or more days before Weds.


Last edited by S.A.A.D.; 01-12-2011 at 02:53 PM.
S.A.A.D. is offline  
Old 06-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
Venom160
Enigmatic Loner
 
Venom160's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Treading sanity's thin line.....
Posts: 9,615
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Well I haven't seen the actual movie but I've read the novelization and all I gotta say is "meh". Not better and not worse then the first. Same old bayformers.

__________________
My name is Death and the end is near.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
^ The way the live action Transformers movies should've been.

R.I.P. mom, I love you and forever miss you
Venom160 is offline  
Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #3
shigsy2003
I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON!!!
 
shigsy2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: England
Posts: 2,165
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Okay first review. I would advise anyone wanting the film to be a surprise NOT to read my review. I will however say for those...IT WAS IMMENSE.

Okay so to open with we get some nice history, TF on Earth with Primitive man and a quality opening with Demolisher. Sideways is in this opening but lasts all of 10 seconds. Demolisher does a bit better but Prime is launched from a carrier in the air and Transforms mid way which was stunning and a great opening for him. As soon as Prime enters the fray Demolisher don't last long. The reason I have described the opening is because this is true throughout the film. Prime is a bad ass...no sorry THE bad ass. Every one of his fights is a walk in the park, forget the pussy Prime on TF 1, this is how Prime should be. The action in this film (especially the forest fight) is top notch but very draining. I was actually very thankful for the comedy, it may offend some people but I was fine with it. The opening hour paces a long and then as soon as Jet Fire turns up things slow down quite a lot as he delves into exposition. However savour this brief interlude, you will need it. The humans don't feel as intrusive as they did in 1 and the Twins/Wheelie are not Jar Jar bad...no where near. Megatrons return is somewhat rushed, you dont see him get built, just infused with the All Spark shard and then he goes off to Mars (I think it is Mars) when Starscream and the Fallen are chilling. The Decepticons really feel like a race in this film, they feel alive. Soundwave is welcome and perfectly done...just hope he is used in the third alot. Ravage was also great and YES he and BB do fight. The last fight is immense and very loud, it takes perhaps too long to actually start but when it does it races along. That is a bit off a problem it ends very suddenly. There is a Prime outro but I guess because it isn't as long as number 1 it feels like a rushed ending. There are a few shots ripped from TF1 but not to point of hurting the film and the Starscream/Megs rivalry is nicely played.

All in all this film was bigger and better than the first with each faction feeling like a civilisation. If you loved the first you will love this, but it will not change the minds of those who hated the first. A great action comedy. 9/10

__________________
In the end, it'll be every man for himself...

Last edited by shigsy2003; 06-18-2009 at 10:57 PM.
shigsy2003 is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
Ryo Jin
Let's Fighting Love!
 
Ryo Jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: California
Posts: 6,132
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Didn't like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. First was way better. Reason?

Cons:
1. Absolutely ZERO character development for the Autobots. Bumblebee was there, but still felt somewhat empty. Optimus was the only one with a presence.

2. All the attention was on Skip and Mudflap. It's like Jar Jar in Star Wars! ARGH! These twin racist representations of ghetto people was only smirk worthy some of the time. Most of the time all we see is them! I want Ironhide! Ratchet! Arcee! Bumblebee! Sideswipe! These guys were only seen fighting, being transported, and with one liners in the fights. THAT'S IT =(

3. All style, no substance. As expected, but more so than I thought.

Pros:
1. Optimus Prime kicks tons of ass. This makes up for his lacking in the first.

2. Megatron and Starscream are just like they are in the original cartoons, great addition.

3. The CGI was AMAZING. Hot damn I've never seen so much special effects. It's like the end of the first movie times ten. Great job in this department.

Loved the first, so-so for this. I'd say 6/10-6.5/10

I'll give it a rewatch, maybe my verdict will be different like it was for Sin City when I rewatched that.

__________________
"I'm the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice."
-Wolverine

"Now I'm the best at whatever it is Wolverine does!"
-Deadpool


Last edited by Ryo Jin; 06-19-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Ryo Jin is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #5
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Jin View Post
1. Absolutely ZERO character development for the Autobots. Bumblebee was there, but still felt somewhat empty. Optimus was the only one with a presence.

2. All the attention was on Skip and Mudflap. It's like Jar Jar in Star Wars! ARGH! These twin racist representations of ghetto people was only smirk worthy some of the time. Most of the time all we see is them! I want Ironhide! Ratchet! Arcee! Bumblebee! Sideswipe! These guys were only seen fighting, being transported, and with one liners in the fights. THAT'S IT =(
WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY? What is so great about those 2 retards that would justify all this screentime spent on them rather than Ironhide, Bee, Ratchet, Sideswipe?


Last edited by Mr. Earle; 06-19-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Mr. Earle is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
SpideyRacoon44
iSpelledRaccoonWrong :-/
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Posts: 91
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Jin View Post
Didn't like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. First was way better. Reason?

Cons:
1. Absolutely ZERO character development for the Autobots. Bumblebee was there, but still felt somewhat empty. Optimus was the only one with a presence.

2. All the attention was on Skip and Mudflap. It's like Jar Jar in Star Wars! ARGH! These twin racist representations of ghetto people was only smirk worthy some of the time. Most of the time all we see is them! I want Ironhide! Ratchet! Arcee! Bumblebee! Sideswipe! These guys were only seen fighting, being transported, and with one liners in the fights. THAT'S IT =(

3. All style, no substance. As expected, but more so than I thought.

Pros:
1. Optimus Prime kicks tons of ass. This makes up for his lacking in the first.

2. Megatron and Starscream are just like they are in the original cartoons, great addition.

3. The CGI was AMAZING. Hot damn I've never seen so much special effects. It's like the end of the first movie times ten. Great job in this department.

Loved the first, so-so for this. I'd say 6/10-6.5/10

I'll give it a rewatch, maybe my verdict will be different like it was for Sin City when I rewatched that.
I agree for the most part.

SpideyRacoon44 is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 11:00 PM   #7
nocomics
Side-Kick
 
nocomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Somewhere not near you
Posts: 1,956
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Jin View Post
Didn't like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. First was way better. Reason?

Cons:
1. Absolutely ZERO character development for the Autobots. Bumblebee was there, but still felt somewhat empty. Optimus was the only one with a presence.

2. All the attention was on Skip and Mudflap. It's like Jar Jar in Star Wars! ARGH! These twin racist representations of ghetto people was only smirk worthy some of the time. Most of the time all we see is them! I want Ironhide! Ratchet! Arcee! Bumblebee! Sideswipe! These guys were only seen fighting, being transported, and with one liners in the fights. THAT'S IT =(

3. All style, no substance. As expected, but more so than I thought.

Pros:
1. Optimus Prime kicks tons of ass. This makes up for his lacking in the first.

2. Megatron and Starscream are just like they are in the original cartoons, great addition.

3. The CGI was AMAZING. Hot damn I've never seen so much special effects. It's like the end of the first movie times ten. Great job in this department.

Loved the first, so-so for this. I'd say 6/10-6.5/10

I'll give it a rewatch, maybe my verdict will be different like it was for Sin City when I rewatched that.
I actually liked the second one better,though it felt even longer than the 2 1/2 hours it was...I need to go see it a second time as I was already tired when I saw it and that didn't help.
I definately agree with the second one in the cons section. I thought the Twins were soo freaking annoying and got way too much screen time and thats probably played into all this bad vibes with the twins. I don't think they were racists just terribly overly stereotyped characters,again wouldn't of been bad if it wasn't the main focus imo of the movie.
Shia did a better job this time around as I personally didn't find him as annoying as the first film,though I found that Agent guy just as bad.
It also seemed the military guys had smaller roles or at least seemed like,but /shrug.
I really enjoyed OP fight scene in the woods that was done very,very well and one of the better fight scenes in any movie this year.
Shia's mother was also a tad annoying,as I think they were trying for too many comedic performances.
Overall a good movie not sure it takes the better picture spot from Star Trek,but wasn't half bad.

nocomics is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #8
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 25,547
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Kind of really sucks to hear that a lot of the attention is on the twins.

Just curious, how are they racist anyways?

Figs is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:35 AM   #9
Ryo Jin
Let's Fighting Love!
 
Ryo Jin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: California
Posts: 6,132
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Kind of really sucks to hear that a lot of the attention is on the twins.

Just curious, how are they racist anyways?
Well, I wouldn't say they're racist per se, but they do get on the nerves with their ghetto stereotyping. Even Bay hated these twins, so why is it that all of the screen time went to them? You got me. Optimus definitely got his spotlight, but that's about it for the Autobot side.

__________________
"I'm the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice."
-Wolverine

"Now I'm the best at whatever it is Wolverine does!"
-Deadpool

Ryo Jin is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #10
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 25,547
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Jin View Post
Well, I wouldn't say they're racist per se, but they do get on the nerves with their ghetto stereotyping. Even Bay hated these twins, so why is it that all of the screen time went to them? You got me. Optimus definitely got his spotlight, but that's about it for the Autobot side.
That doesn't make sense, if Bay hated the twins he should have asked the writers to take their asses out of the film. So the twins both talk like Jazz did?

Figs is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 10:04 PM   #11
The Apocalypse
Pokeballin'
 
The Apocalypse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,228
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Kind of really sucks to hear that a lot of the attention is on the twins.

Just curious, how are they racist anyways?
They aren't racist..people are just way to sensitive.


I loved this movie just like I did the first one. I usually cringe at cheesy, over the top, action flicks but for some reason Transformers and Transformers ROTF I found to be great. The only thing I didn't like about this movie was his mother. She kept going on and on and on.

The Apocalypse is offline  
Old 06-24-2009, 10:34 PM   #12
Watson
Ninja delivery girl
 
Watson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,233
Default Re: Transformers: ROTF User Review Thread

I was really pumped for this film. I loved TF. I saw it twice in theatres. Maybe that's why I was so disapointed. But this truly was a bloated mess of a film. They could have easily cut at least an hour of the film. And why did Sam's annoying as hell parents have more screen time then Ratchet, Ironhide, Arcee, and the new Corvette one put together? And why did some robots randomly disappear (the little "Italian gangster" one, the twins? Did I miss where they died?). And where did all those Decepticons come from at the end? The plotholes were so big you could drive Optimus through them.

The only saving grace of this film for me was getting to see Bumblebee actually kick some but, and all the Megatron/Starscream scenes. Those were awesome.

EDIT: And the absolute worst had to be that stupid near death experience dream Sam had. Me and my friend looked at each other and burst out laughing.

__________________
Watson is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #13
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 26,878
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

I've got some questions for those that saw the film

Does Peter Cullen have a cameo in this film ?

How's Megatron screentime this time around ?

Is The Fallen a worthy enemy to Prime & the Autobots ?

Do you get a hint of Primus & Unicron to be featured in movie 3 ?

The Caped Knight is online now  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:53 AM   #14
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face
 
Lunar_Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 40,157
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
I've got some questions for those that saw the film

Does Peter Cullen have a cameo in this film ?

How's Megatron screentime this time around ?

Is The Fallen a worthy enemy to Prime & the Autobots ?

Do you get a hint of Primus & Unicron to be featured in movie 3 ?
No.

Megatron gets a good screentime, this felt like a Decepticon film.

Fallen seemed more vicious in his past the present.

No.


Pros

-This is a Decepticon film.

-Megatron, Starscream and Fallen on Cybertron was awesome.

-Action was outstanding.

-I got teary in some scenes

-Devastator was cool

-Adding the matrix was awesome

-Ravage was great.

-Sam's parents are hilarious.

-Loved Wheelie and Jetfire

-Special effects are perfect.

-So many great Transformations.

-MORE focus on the bots then humans.


Cons

-adult humor was a bit much, I can believe the F word was used.

-No character development on the new autobots.

-Ending was kinda lackluster in terms of where some characters went.

-Soundwave didn't have his famous voice.

-The film drags a little in the 3/4

-Devastator confused me. Longhaul was attached to Devastator and was fighting in a different battle at the dame time?

Overall I loved it. Kinda lacked in some areas, but makes up for in the weaknesses of the first.

8/10

Lunar_Wolf is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:05 PM   #15
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger
 
The Caped Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: New York City
Posts: 26,878
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar_Wolf View Post
No.

Megatron gets a good screentime, this felt like a Decepticon film.

Fallen seemed more vicious in his past the present.

No.


Pros

-This is a Decepticon film.

-Megatron, Starscream and Fallen on Cybertron was awesome.

-Action was outstanding.

-I got teary in some scenes

-Devastator was cool

-Adding the matrix was awesome

-Ravage was great.

-Sam's parents are hilarious.

-Loved Wheelie and Jetfire

-Special effects are perfect.

-So many great Transformations.

-MORE focus on the bots then humans.


Cons

-adult humor was a bit much, I can believe the F word was used.

-No character development on the new autobots.

-Ending was kinda lackluster in terms of where some characters went.

-Soundwave didn't have his famous voice.

-The film drags a little in the 3/4

-Devastator confused me. Longhaul was attached to Devastator and was fighting in a different battle at the dame time?

Overall I loved it. Kinda lacked in some areas, but makes up for in the weaknesses of the first.

8/10
Thank you for answering my questions.

Here are a few more

1. Is Tony Todd the voice of the fallen ?

2. How were Jolt, Arcee, were they any good ?

3. Is the Space bridge or Energon seen ?

The Caped Knight is online now  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:10 PM   #16
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face
 
Lunar_Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 40,157
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Glad you liked it Lunar.

I can't wait to see it, I know what to expect since it's a Bay film so I don't think I'll be disappointed. So is a lot of the humour that bad?

I want to know so I can tell my parents if they'll like it or not. They really enjoyed the first film but really did not like the masturbation joke. To be honest and I'm not really sensitive or conservative, I even found it a bit out of place and felt it was in bad taste.
It's not like it's not funny, but kinda too much for kids. Skids calls Leo a p*ssy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
Thank you for answering my questions.

Here are a few more

1. Is Tony Todd the voice of the fallen ?

2. How were Jolt, Arcee, were they any good ?

3. Is the Space bridge or Energon seen ?
1. Yes

2. Jolt is in the background once or twice and Arcee is barely in it.

4. Space bridge is mentioned and there is one scene where we see decepticon protoforms in energon which is blue.

I'm seeing it again in 2 hours. There is so much going on at times, it was hard to catch everything at first in scenes.

Lunar_Wolf is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 25,547
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Glad you liked it Lunar.

I can't wait to see it, I know what to expect since it's a Bay film so I don't think I'll be disappointed. So is a lot of the humour that bad?

I want to know so I can tell my parents if they'll like it or not. They really enjoyed the first film but really did not like the masturbation joke. To be honest and I'm not really sensitive or conservative, I even found it a bit out of place and felt it was in bad taste.

Figs is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #18
Timstuff
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 19,920
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Whoa, is there an F-bomb in this movie!?

And I thought this movie was for kids.

Timstuff is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:19 PM   #19
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,819
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Saw the movie last night.......Loved it!

Just to cut down a long thread to something manageable... i'll spoiler tag the sections.

Good-

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
CGI is top notch.... best i've seen from ILM ever TBH
Prime was Badass.....
The Twins- So what if they were stupid rednecks..... i loved them.
Jetfire- Complete and utter Awesome!
Kevin Dunn- Kinda a surprise at the amount he had to do this time....
Megs and StarScream were don't brilliantly, SS seemed much more like his G1 personality.
Bumblebee was Badass in a few scenes as well.


The bad-

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Despite the 2 hours 27 minute run time.... it felt too rushed.

I was confused during the climatic battle as to who was who..... not cuz i couldn't see what was going on... but because characters popped up here... then there... and somewhere else.... all at once.

Strange shot of Bonecrusher...... Yes Bonecrusher. There's a shot of a line of advancing 'Cons.... and slap bang in the centre is Bonecrusher in Vehicles mode.

Too many characters...... Not sure why but there were far too many Autobots in movie..... Jolt never said a word, and was only seen TWICE, Sideswipe had a bit more to do , but again, only had one or two lines.... Hide, Ratchet... reduced to secondary characters....the Arcee bikes.... never explained if they were one unit or three seperate units in a team,

Soundwave was nothing more than a head poking out the top of a USAF satellite.


The Ugly-

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
close-up of Simmons' butt in a thong:jack_new_anime05:
Devestator had testicles..... No lie.:mckay:
The possibly Gay dog sex:jack_new_anime05: (Mojo humping a dog called 'Frankie'.... didn't hear if they said if it was a boy or girl dog though)
Wheelie madly humping Megan's leg

__________________
Dan Weldon
1978 - 2011
Dr Lee is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #20
Figs
Side-Kick
 
Figs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Washington
Posts: 25,547
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Saw the movie last night.......Loved it!

Just to cut down a long thread to something manageable... i'll spoiler tag the sections.

Good-

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
CGI is top notch.... best i've seen from ILM ever TBH
Prime was Badass.....
The Twins- So what if they were stupid rednecks..... i loved them.
Jetfire- Complete and utter Awesome!
Kevin Dunn- Kinda a surprise at the amount he had to do this time....
Megs and StarScream were don't brilliantly, SS seemed much more like his G1 personality.
Bumblebee was Badass in a few scenes as well.


The bad-

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Despite the 2 hours 27 minute run time.... it felt too rushed.

I was confused during the climatic battle as to who was who..... not cuz i couldn't see what was going on... but because characters popped up here... then there... and somewhere else.... all at once.

Strange shot of Bonecrusher...... Yes Bonecrusher. There's a shot of a line of advancing 'Cons.... and slap bang in the centre is Bonecrusher in Vehicles mode.

Too many characters...... Not sure why but there were far too many Autobots in movie..... Jolt never said a word, and was only seen TWICE, Sideswipe had a bit more to do , but again, only had one or two lines.... Hide, Ratchet... reduced to secondary characters....the Arcee bikes.... never explained if they were one unit or three seperate units in a team,

Soundwave was nothing more than a head poking out the top of a USAF satellite.


The Ugly-

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
close-up of Simmons' butt in a thong:jack_new_anime05:
Devestator had testicles..... No lie.:mckay:
The possibly Gay dog sex:jack_new_anime05: (Mojo humping a dog called 'Frankie'.... didn't hear if they said if it was a boy or girl dog though)
Wheelie madly humping Megan's leg
Wow, lol a lot of parents are going to be pissed with some of that raunchy humour. Bay's past films(minus masterbating joke in TF1) were never that bad when it came to humour from what I can remember.

Figs is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #21
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face
 
Lunar_Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dublin
Posts: 40,157
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Saw the movie last night.......Loved it!

Just to cut down a long thread to something manageable... i'll spoiler tag the sections.

Good-

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
CGI is top notch.... best i've seen from ILM ever TBH
Prime was Badass.....
The Twins- So what if they were stupid rednecks..... i loved them.
Jetfire- Complete and utter Awesome!
Kevin Dunn- Kinda a surprise at the amount he had to do this time....
Megs and StarScream were don't brilliantly, SS seemed much more like his G1 personality.
Bumblebee was Badass in a few scenes as well.


The bad-

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Despite the 2 hours 27 minute run time.... it felt too rushed.

I was confused during the climatic battle as to who was who..... not cuz i couldn't see what was going on... but because characters popped up here... then there... and somewhere else.... all at once.

Strange shot of Bonecrusher...... Yes Bonecrusher. There's a shot of a line of advancing 'Cons.... and slap bang in the centre is Bonecrusher in Vehicles mode.

Too many characters...... Not sure why but there were far too many Autobots in movie..... Jolt never said a word, and was only seen TWICE, Sideswipe had a bit more to do , but again, only had one or two lines.... Hide, Ratchet... reduced to secondary characters....the Arcee bikes.... never explained if they were one unit or three seperate units in a team,

Soundwave was nothing more than a head poking out the top of a USAF satellite.


The Ugly-

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
close-up of Simmons' butt in a thong:jack_new_anime05:
Devestator had testicles..... No lie.:mckay:
The possibly Gay dog sex:jack_new_anime05: (Mojo humping a dog called 'Frankie'.... didn't hear if they said if it was a boy or girl dog though)
Wheelie madly humping Megan's leg
Knew I saw Bonecrusher.

Did Simmons say the f word or did i hear things?

Lunar_Wolf is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:48 PM   #22
Mr. Earle
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,929
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

If i am not mistaken, even Wheelie drops an F bomb during that clip with Megan Fox. He says: "this place is a ****ing house of horrors".
At least i think so.

Mr. Earle is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #23
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell
 
Dr Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,819
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Wheelie was 'Frigging'... Don't remember hearing Simmons use the Fword

__________________
Dan Weldon
1978 - 2011
Dr Lee is offline  
Old 06-19-2009, 12:55 PM   #24
mr. peasant
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,874
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Just watched the movie. And I must say, most of my thoughts have already been posted. It does seem rushed and yet some parts just dragged. In other words, pacing could have been tighter. Also, some parts that struck a nerve:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
A fellow robot died in order to give Optimus his upgrade. Upon beating the Fallen, what does he do? Chucks it aside like so much waste.

The Fallen revealed the Transformers' existence and announced he was after Sam. The movie also indicated that the government was considering said option. Yet, at no point did it feel as though other humans were after him. Sure, he was on a 'wanted list' but again, nothing came of it.

There were far, far too many Transformers on both sides and at the climax. I couldn't tell them apart and more importantly, I couldn't tell whose side they were on. It was just too chaotic to appreciate.

Lastly, Devastator's size could have been done better. Why have a humongous Transformer built from several vehicles and not put another Transformer beside for scale comparison? Then, there's the really big one at the start of the movie, making Devastator's initial appearance all the less impressive.


Last edited by mr. peasant; 06-19-2009 at 12:59 PM.
mr. peasant is offline  
Old 06-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #25
SpiderByte
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tacoville
Posts: 6,114
Default Re: The Transformers:Revenge Of The Fallen user review thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
Just watched the movie. And I must say, most of my thoughts have already been posted. It does seem rushed and yet some parts just dragged. In other words, pacing could have been tighter. Also, some parts that struck a nerve:

A fellow robot died in order to give Optimus his upgrade. Upon beating the Fallen, what does he do? Chucks it aside like so much waste.

The Fallen revealed the Transformers' existence and announced he was after Sam. The movie also indicated that the government was considering said option. Yet, at no point did it feel as though other humans were after him. Sure, he was on a 'wanted list' but again, nothing came of it.

There were far, far too many Transformers on both sides and at the climax. I couldn't tell them apart and more importantly, I couldn't tell whose side they were on. It was just too chaotic to appreciate.

Lastly, Devastator's size could have been done better. Why have a humongous Transformer built from several vehicles and not put another Transformer beside for scale comparison? Then, there's the really big one at the start of the movie, making Devastator's initial appearance all the less impressive
In order:

Welll what was he supposed to do? with all that junk on he couldn't transform.

Thats because they hadn't really acted on it yet. they got confirmation from egypt, but just to keep an eye on him.

I'll give you a hint: the autobots you see in the beginning are the ones you see in the end. no new autobots join during the final battle. how hard is that to understand? only the decepticons got new allies at the end, not autobots.

What the hell do you mean by "there were no transformers near him" What about the twins? They were CLIMBING on him!

SpiderByte is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.