The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default "Only a Prime can defeat me" The Fallen Thread!

I wish we would have gotten a little more time with him in the movie, but I really enjoyed The Fallen as a character in ROTF, Tony Todd did an amazing job of making his voice menacing and authorative, and you could really believe that Megatron would serve this guy.

His powers in the final battle were also awesome, loved it when he used his staff to raise everything in the air, thought when he tried it on Optimus, Prime just busted through the rocks and kicked his ass!

I do wish he would have done a bit better against Prime in the final fight, but we have to remember, at one point he was beating on Prime, even though Prime was powered up to hell.

Overall I thought he was a great villain with an interesting back story, and he was more than sufficient to raise the stake's from the first movie.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Drz
Real Hero

Default Re: "Only a Prime can defeat me" The Fallen Thread!

I know this is nitpicking but wouldn't had been just badass if he was on fire? =P Anyhow i liked the design, it truly felt Apocalyptic tbh. =)

Old 07-03-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Yeah, I would have preferred if he would have been permanently on fire like in the comics, but he did seem to be filled with some lava-like substance which gave the impression his innards were on fire, which was a cool effect and sort of made up for it.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
protocida
Side-Kick

I loved the movie, but the Fallen was under-used.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #5
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I'm confused in IDW Revenge of the Fallen comic prequel & The novel The Fallen is trapped in a fiery trans-dimension sarcophagus aboard The Decepticons Flag ship The Nemesis . Yet in the movie The Fallen seems to have escaped his prison and is surviving on Energon life-support tubes . How'd The Fallen escape his prison ?

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El 8 View Post
I'm confused in IDW Revenge of the Fallen comic prequel & The novel The Fallen is trapped in a fiery trans-dimension sarcophagus aboard The Decepticons Flag ship The Nemesis . Yet in the movie The Fallen seems to have escaped his prison and is surviving on Energon life-support tubes . How'd The Fallen escape his prison ?
The Fallen states in Defiance that once the Harvestor is located he can be freed from his prison, so once they knew were it was he was able to escape the Artefact but still wasnt that powerful. Even in ROTF I still dont think he was at full strength throughout the movie.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
El_Citrus
Side-Kick

The Fallen was a good villain with plenty of back story, but he didn't do anything until the final fight, and was beaten in around ten minutes or so, which I found a bit annoying with all this hype built up around him. I understand the Decepticons do his dirty work, but he just didn't feel ominously menacing to me.

El_Citrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Citrus View Post
The Fallen was a good villain with plenty of back story, but he didn't do anything until the final fight, and was beaten in around ten minutes or so, which I found a bit annoying with all this hype built up around him. I understand the Decepticons do his dirty work, but he just didn't feel ominously menacing to me.
Thank you! I ve been discussing this for ages with Guard in the "brutal" thread.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
protocida
Side-Kick

He was going to be in the dimensional prison in the movie, and only come to Earth in the third act, when Megatron uncovers the Sun Harvester. The novalization and the comic book adaptation, both based on an early version of the Script, feature this.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #10
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
He was going to be in the dimensional prison in the movie, and only come to Earth in the third act, when Megatron uncovers the Sun Harvester. The novalization and the comic book adaptation, both based on an early version of the Script, feature this.
To be honest, they probably should have kept it like this. But I just figured he didnt come to Earth before because Prime was there.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #11
Mr. Earle
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
To be honest, they probably should have kept it like this. But I just figured he didnt come to Earth before because Prime was there.
Prime came to earth one or two years ago.
Quote:
Yeah, but when he tried the telekinesis on Prime, Prime just punched through the rocks, so obviously that power was wasted on Prime. The Fallen did get some pretty lethal hits on Prime also.
He used it for the planes and prime. But when he fights prime one on one, it didnt occur to him to teleport away and throw half the pyramid or a couple of tanks on Prime.

Mr. Earle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #12
Nathan

No matter who the person is, I could never believe Megatron willingly following anyone. We're talking about Megatron here, the guy who didn't even want to obey a planet sized world eater. He only did it because he would've died otherwise, but he was still looking for a way to get free.

And the Fallen in the Movie was a wuss. He chilled on the spaceship and got his ass kicked in less than a minute.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #13
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
No matter who the person is, I could never believe Megatron willingly following anyone. We're talking about Megatron here, the guy who didn't even want to obey a planet sized world eater. He only did it because he would've died otherwise, but he was still looking for a way to get free.
With The Fallen being the first Decepticon, this would go some way to explaining why Megatron obeyed him, but anyway, I'm sure Megatron would have betrayed him given the chance, but he never really got the oppurtunity to.

Quote:
And the Fallen in the Movie was a wuss. He chilled on the spaceship and got his ass kicked in less than a minute.
He was up against a pissed off/combined Prime and IMO wasnt at full strength. He was obviously seriously deprived of energon in the movie, hence the need for the sun harvester.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
Nathan

He was still juiced enough to Teleport and move tanks and giant debris around with his telekinesis.

Old 07-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #15
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
He was still juiced enough to Teleport and move tanks and giant debris around with his telekinesis.
Yeah, but when he tried the telekinesis on Prime, Prime just punched through the rocks, so obviously that power was wasted on Prime. The Fallen did get some pretty lethal hits on Prime also.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #16
protocida
Side-Kick

I watchet the movie again, and got a feeling that Prime's presence on Earth weakned the Fallen or something. While Prime is there, he's sitting in the Nemesis, absorving Energon from hatchlings, but, in the moment Primes dies, he raises and detaches the Energon tubes of his body, like he was at full power.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #17
Grievous
Miss Me?

Quote:
I watchet the movie again, and got a feeling that Prime's presence on Earth weakned the Fallen or something. While Prime is there, he's sitting in the Nemesis, absorving Energon from hatchlings, but, in the moment Primes dies, he raises and detaches the Energon tubes of his body, like he was at full power.
Now that the Fallen is dead more hatchlings can hatch so I believe we will be seeing alot more deceptions in the next movie. Anyone agree?

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #18
The Guard
Side-Kick

He's scared of Prime. It's pretty much that simple.

I don't know what you're all talking about in terms of "All the hype". All the hype I remember was being told The Fallen would be in the movie.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #19
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
I dont think Prime weakens him, but the presence of a Prime obviously strikes fear into him, as only a Prime can kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
He's scared of Prime. It's pretty much that simple.
Prime can kill him so of course he is scared of him, once Prime died, The Fallen came to earth, because the threat of death was eliminated.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #20
protocida
Side-Kick

To be fair, there was a big hype surrounding him.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #21
protocida
Side-Kick

It's possible.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:47 PM   #22
The Guard
Side-Kick

Whether Prime was on Earth during the first events of TRANSFORMERS is irrelevant.

The autobots were at war with the Decepticons, period. Prime was around, period, and The Fallen didn't want to risk facing him. That's why, as ROTF actually tells us, he created the Decepticons to do his work for him. Had The Fallen gone to Earth and starting stirring up some kind of trouble just because Prime wasn't there at the time, Prime and the autobots would probably have gone there, just as they did when the cube landed on Earth and the Decepticons went after it.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night

Last edited by The Guard; 07-04-2009 at 02:51 PM.
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #23
Nathan

Man, you really do defend anything. There wasn't anything special about Optimus, he was just good at kicking ass. We get the line that only a Prime is capable of defeating him, but they never bother to explain why. We are simply not supposed to question it. The Fallen had all the advantages and could have easily obliterate Prime before the fusion with Jetfire.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #24
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Whether Prime was on Earth during the first events of TRANSFORMERS is irrelevant.

The autobots were at war with the Decepticons, period. Prime was around, period, and The Fallen didn't want to risk facing him. That's why, as ROTF actually tells us, he created the Decepticons to do his work for him. Had The Fallen gone to Earth and starting stirring up some kind of trouble just because Prime wasn't there at the time, Prime and the autobots would probably have gone there, just as they did when the cube landed on Earth and the Decepticons went after it.

Exactly, why risk death by facing him when he can get The Decepticons to do it for him.

Quote:
Man, you really do defend anything. There wasn't anything special about Optimus, he was just good at kicking ass. We get the line that only a Prime is capable of defeating him, but they never bother to explain why. We are simply not supposed to question it. The Fallen had all the advantages and could have easily obliterate Prime before the fusion with Jetfire.
Of course there is something special about Optimus, he was a Prime, the last Prime. I dont think it needed explaining why only a Prime could defeat, as to me it was pretty obvious, The Fallen is a fallen prime, and was once a Prime, so it makes it obvious to me that only a Prime could defeat him.

Old 07-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #25
dodgers2213
Side-Kick

Quote:
Of course there is something special about Optimus, he was a Prime, the last Prime. I dont think it needed explaining why only a Prime could defeat, as to me it was pretty obvious, The Fallen is a fallen prime, and was once a Prime, so it makes it obvious to me that only a Prime could defeat him.
ummmm, WHAT?
You didn't answer the question...WHY can only a prime beat the fallen?...the Fallen is a fallen prime so only a prime can beat a fallen prime because....why? Just because the script said so?

Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1936-9586-3562
dodgers2213 is offline   Reply With Quote