The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > The Comics

Old 08-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Fantasyartist
Side-Kick

Default Armor wars II

I've just seen the first installment of Armor Wars II( a four part miniseries). I'm not certain what the rationale for it is( The original one had IM going around the MU neutralizing various armored foes whose suits had been developed from Stark technology pirated by Justin Hammer). Firstly Tony( without even putting on his IM armor) vanquishes the Crimson Dynamo with ludicrous ease(by using a fire extinguisher of all things). C'mon, the Dynamo was created to be as powerful as Iron Man himself( secondly that type of armor hasn't been used by the CD since the 1980s!).

Terry

Fantasyartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Default Re: Armor wars II

Fantasyartist
Actually, it's not the second AW, it's Marvel Adventures Continuity one and it sucks badly. Don't read it man, trust me - IT ISN'T WORTH IT!

The real Armor Wars II started in the 1990 by the very good writer - John Byrne. It is not as good as the original Micheline one, but not bad at all. It has the art by mighty John Romita Jr., which is great - 'cause I love the Neo-Classic Armor and the further upgrade + Tony with the long hair is just awesome (forever fan of the IM Season 2...)

I recommend this second Armor Wars saga (Iron Man v1 258#-266) to you as a qualified IM fan. You'll definitely like it + it's conclusion Assault on the Armor City (Darkhawk Annual #01-Avengers West Coast Annual 07-Iron Man Annual v1 13).

Have a good time reading those things. These are classic man...

RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Keyser Soze
I AM EXCITE!

I dunno, I kinda enjoyed this new Armor Wars for the lightweight fluff it was...

Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #4
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
I dunno, I kinda enjoyed this new Armor Wars for the lightweight fluff it was...
I don't know man, kinda dissapointed in the series. The art is baad, like reaaallyy bad + the storyline is far from awesome or even average and
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the Red Barbarian
sucked ass for real.

But I really hope, that the IM vs. Whiplash mini will be thousand times better, than this crap + it's in 616 MU, not in the MA one.

RealIrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

I picked it up and was disappointed as well, guess I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest, based off what i was seeing they are using a old armor from the late 80's.
I am however excited about Ultimate Armor Wars, I would be interested in seeing how Ultimate Tony handles things as opposed to the 616 version.