Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
And as for the French people? They're not so wimpy either. Trust me, you never wanna mess with a French kick-boxer.
Or a French guy pointing an antique gun replica after making a bunch of French jokes

Old 04-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #2
LOBO3315a
Artificial Intelligence

Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Indeed. So it is written, so let it be done.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Paradoxium

Arrow Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

General: US may consider sending troops into Libya

Old 04-07-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoxium View Post
Without reading anything, just the headline,....ugh. Talk about spreading out your army thin.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #5
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
I hope they avoid that, I seriously do, so far all interference by US army didn't go well

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #6
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Is anyone really surprised though?

So have the coalition of the willing destroyed Libyas state owned central bank yet?

I'm sure that was one of the main initiatives of this operation.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-07-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Alex The Great
Banned User

Well we sent 6 Jets, a ship and 120 Military personnel. We don't have anymore people to send

Old 04-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #8
Paradoxium

Why is the Fed Bailing Out Qaddafi?

Epic Fail.

Quote:
Barack Obama recently issued an executive order imposing a wave of sanctions against Libya, not only freezing Libyan assets, but barring Americans from having business dealings with Libyan banks.

So raise your hand if you knew that the United States has been extending billions of dollars in aid to Qaddafi and to the Central Bank of Libya, through a Libyan-owned subsidiary bank operating out of Bahrain. And raise your hand if you knew that, just a week or so after Obama’s executive order, the U.S. Treasury Department quietly issued an order exempting this and other Libyan-owned banks to continue operating without sanction.

I came across the curious case of the Arab Banking Corporation, better known as ABC, while researching a story about the results of the audit of the Federal Reserve. That story, which will be coming out in Rolling Stone in two weeks, will examine in detail some of the many lunacies uncovered by Senate investigators amid the recently-released list of bailout and emergency aid recipients – a list that includes many extremely shocking names, from foreign industrial competitors to hedge funds in tax-haven nations to various Wall Street figures of note (and some of their relatives). You will want to see this amazing list when it comes out, so please make sure to check the newsstands in two weeks’ time.

This list became public as a result of an amendment added to the Dodd-Frank financial reform bill that was sponsored by Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont. The amendment forced the Federal Reserve to open its books for the first time and make public the names of those individuals and corporations who received emergency loans and bailout monies during the roughly two year period between the crash of 2008 and the passage of the Dodd-Frank bill.

As Bernie’s staff was going through this list, it found, among other things, some $26 billion in extremely cheap loans (as low as one quarter of one percent!) extended to this ABC bank over a period of years, beginning in December of 2007 and continuing through as recently as February of 2010. The senator sent a letter to Ben Bernanke over the winter demanding more information about this loan (among others) but the response he got was completely unhelpful.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #9
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
WTF!?!?! Our governement can't even help its own people, and its still trying to help everyone else. Why?!?!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:39 PM   #10
Pink Ranger
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex The Great View Post
Well we sent 6 Jets, a ship and 120 Military personnel. We don't have anymore people to send
Hey, you forgot about the Manitoba Special Operations Force.

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
Paradoxium

Arab League to ask UN for imposing no-fly zone over Gaza
Quote:
The Arab League (AL) said on Sunday it would ask the United Nations to consider imposing a no-fly zone over the Gaza Strip to protect the civilians against Israeli air strikes.

In a statement issued after an emergency meeting of the pan- Arab organization at the permanent delegates’ level in its Cairo headquarter, the AL said it would ask the United Nation Security Council to convene an emergency meeting to discuss the Israeli aggression over Gaza to lift the siege and impose a no-fly zone against the Israeli military to protect civilians.

The statement rejected the double standard policies towards the Palestinian case, urging the UN Security Council and the Quartet committee to bear all responsibilities for halting the subsequent massacres and provide an international protection for the unarmed citizens.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Wow, that will go over well with Israel, won't it?

Old 04-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #13
Paradoxium

Hrmmm. I love how everyone was cheering on the awesomeness of the Egypt "Revolution". I don't see huge press on their military junta who are throwing bloggers in jail and conducting virginity tests on women. Nevermind the Copts getting killed. It also appears to be rumblings of a counter-revolution already. The military junta is already stating they will clamp down hard on it.

Meanwhile Syria has it shenanigans - you know the 200 people killed and nothing really from Obama. Now Iran is claiming the Syrian uprising is some "Western Plot". Of course, the reason Iran is denouncing the Syrian protests is the Sunni factor, thus why they didn't seem to have much problems with the Libya situation (nor is it a "Western Plot") given the heavy Shi'ite demographics in the rebels.

I notice a trend of how Obama denounces American friendly dictators/leaders (Qaddafi post Iraq and Mubarack) and encourage their overthrowing, and we hear crickets about the attempted overthrowing of anti-American ones. Says barely anything to nothing to Syria and Iran. Remember how he sided with the anti-American Zelaya who tried to be a president for life? Aka the Honduras situation.

Don't get me started on the Ivory coast situation.

If you don't want America sniffing your pants, be as anti-American as possible.

His actions say more about his foreign policy than his rhetoric.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:35 PM   #14
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

This whole Middle East thing is a huge cluster ****.... I have never in my life seen a Defense Department, State Department, and Administration all going in different directions...

It is an amazing piece of foreign policy to watch....I would be interested in knowing how academics will write this into foreign policy books...

Old 04-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
Dr. Evil
Gamora

The Ivory Coast situation ended with the capture of Laurent Gbagbo.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #16
Paradoxium

The Ivory Coast situation is incredibly complicated and messy. I am not sure if I even want to talk about it.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #17
Paradoxium

U.S. Says Iran Helps Crackdown in Syria

<sarcasm>Big Surprise</sarcasm>

Old 04-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
Paradoxium

Govt rockets "killed people in Misrata bread queue"

So much for NATO protection, Qaddafi still manages to massacre the civilians in Misrata.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #19
Paradoxium

The New Cold War

Sunni vs Shi'ite / Saudi Arabia vs Iran

Old 04-16-2011, 03:35 PM   #20
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
The New Cold War

Sunni vs Shi'ite / Saudi Arabia vs Iran
A cold war indeed, I hope it remains cold so far, don't want something to destroy the nuclear power plant in Iran
The Irani twerps were working to gain control over us for near 3 decades, pretty happy they didn't meet success yet, hope they never do
If KSA developed nuclear weapons we will be in a disastrous crossfire, our allies will aid in removing us from the map, not an outcome any side welcomes

"I Never Apologize."
Old 04-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #21
Alex The Great
Banned User

We would never do that to you!

Probably

Last edited by Alex The Great; 04-16-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #22
Paradoxium

NATO runs short on some munitions in Libya
Quote:
Less than a month into the Libyan conflict, NATO is running short of precision bombs, highlighting the limitations of Britain, France and other European countries in sustaining even a relatively small military action over an extended period of time, according to senior NATO and U.S. officials.

The shortage of European munitions, along with the limited number of aircraft available, has raised doubts among some officials about whether the United States can continue to avoid returning to the air campaign if Libyan leader Moammar Gaddafi hangs on to power for several more months
The fail train keeps getting better.

Old 04-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #23
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex The Great View Post
We would never do that to you!

Probably
Then you probably are great

"I Never Apologize."
Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM   #24
Paradoxium

Radial Islamist groups gaining stranglehold in Egypt
Quote:
The military-led government already faces accusations that it is bowing to the surge in support for the Muslim movements, something that David Cameron warned of in February when he said Egyptian democracy would be strongly Islamic.
Quote:
Mohammed Badie, the Muslim Brotherhood’s spiritual leader, last week predicted the group’s candidates would win 75 per cent of the seats it contested.

Fundamentalist factions have also emerged as parties. Gamaa al-Islamiya, an al-Qaeda linked group that promotes Salafist traditions has used its mosques as a political base for the first time since the 1970s.
Maybe I can start quoting the people cheering for this a month or two ago. Moderate secular movement my ass.

BTW the Copts:
Quote:
As hardliners compete for street power, Egypt's Christians – who make up 10 per cent of the population – are emigrating in growing numbers.

Al-Masry al-Youm, an Egyptian newspaper, reported last week that the Canadian embassy had been swamped by visa requests from Coptic Christians.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #25
Paradoxium

Due to the nature I can't post the videos. But there are now footage of rebels committing violent and graphic atrocities on par with Qaddafi. Do a search and you will find them: "LIBYAN REBEL WAR CRIMES".

Remember tax dollars are being funneled to them. Despite the current deficit.

Closed Thread