The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 08-30-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

Default The Video Game Thread

Batman Begins had a game,The Dark Knight had Arkham Asylum (sort of),Spider-Man 2 had one of the best IMO...what about the Man of Steel?I'd like something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dicMtuE7yg4

batman_1989_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #2
Shabadoo
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Videogame Thread

Yeah, that looks pretty sweet. Too bad it was canceled.

Whatever they do, I hope it's an open world concept like the GTA games. I could spend hours just endlessly zooming through Metropolis. I can remember doing that in the Shadow of Apokolips game on Gamecube. It was great, even though the actual game was just ok.

Last edited by Shabadoo; 08-30-2011 at 01:28 PM.
Shabadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I would love to have a Superman game like Arkham Asylum.

LibidoLoca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

Shadow of Apokolips was pretty good...even Superman Returns:The Videogame had a few good ideas

Old 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_1989_ View Post
Shadow of Apokolips was pretty good...even Superman Returns:The Videogame had a few good ideas
Shadow of Apokolips is good, huh? I've always wondered that and have debated picking it up on multiple occasions.

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:51 AM   #6
UnionJack
In training at MI:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman_1989_ View Post
I know the guy who did the modeling on this game, still looks pretty good even now.

http://www.crhodesdesign.com/

UnionJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #7
Shabadoo
Side-Kick

The good stuff starts at 3:12:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

HOURS I spent doing this...

Old 08-30-2011, 03:10 PM   #8
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabadoo View Post
The good stuff starts at 3:12:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

HOURS I spent doing this...

Is this for the PS2?? I need to check it out.......

XEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

Do you think that there's going to be a game inspired by the movie?

Old 08-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #10
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

^ Most likely...

Old 08-30-2011, 01:42 PM   #11
Shabadoo
Side-Kick

I'd be surprised if there WASN'T. Who knows, maybe they'll adapt and finish off that cancelled game...?

Old 08-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #12
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

It will most likely suck. Especially if it's made by SEGA. Would much rather have a non movie Superman game like AA.

Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:09 PM   #13
XEdge
Straight Edge and Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid View Post
It will most likely suck. Especially if it's made by SEGA. Would much rather have a non movie Superman game like AA.

^^ this.

most movie tie-in games suck. I don't want that treatment for a new Superman game.

I want the same love and care that Rocksteady put into AA and AC given to a new Superman game.

if that means a non-movie games, then so be it........

XEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEdge View Post
^^ this.

most movie tie-in games suck. I don't want that treatment for a new Superman game.

I want the same love and care that Rocksteady put into AA and AC given to a new Superman game.

if that means a non-movie games, then so be it........
They don't always suck, Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins both had pretty awesome games.

KillerMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:02 AM   #15
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
They don't always suck, Spider-Man 2 and Batman Begins both had pretty awesome games.
Agreed. Batman Begins the game was awesome. I played it all the way through at least 3 times. I had all the alternate outfits too. It was definitely the best Batman game i played to that point. Then along came Arkham Asylum...

Old 08-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #16
Sherlock Holmes
Banned User

The williams march in that game that wasn't a donner love game. And guess what its ****ing awesome.

Sherlock Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #17
batman_1989_
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Video Game Thread

Agreed

Old 08-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #18
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

What would an AA-like Superman game be about anyway?

Old 08-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #19
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I thought this was the video game forum for a second. lol I was like "How did I get here?!"

Old 08-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #20
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

I got this one for Christmas in 1988...

Horrible. This did convince me that Superman is just not a character that lends himself towards video games if your are still somewhat staying true to this powers and not vastly reducing it... The only thing that might work is basing a Superman game on the early Golden Age.

I think they should go away from the action approach and design a game more in the line of "Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter". where you investigate on cases and use your powers in rather creative ways. Of course modern video games are usually dumbed down and don't require thinking anymore.

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #21
jpharrah
Superman Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruerToTheCore View Post
I got this one for Christmas in 1988...

Horrible. This did convince me that Superman is just not a character that lends himself towards video games if your are still somewhat staying true to this powers and not vastly reducing it... The only thing that might work is basing a Superman game on the early Golden Age.

I think they should go away from the action approach and design a game more in the line of "Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter". where you investigate on cases and use your powers in rather creative ways. Of course modern video games are usually dumbed down and don't require thinking anymore.
This is exactly what ive been thinking as of late...

My thoughts is a Golden age Superman just simply would work better as a playable character. Superman should be invincible yet not overly strong. Superman getting hit by a train when he doesnt see it coming and has no time to brace himself should get knocked down. If a mechanical robot hits him he should be knocked down. Watch the fliescher cartoons for inspiration on "the strength" of superman.. Infact a game like this I'd like to see him in the Fleischer costume to me its the best costume in any animation.

This way watching superman punch lets say a common crook while the crooks in the middle of a robbery doesnt sound so unbelievable.

I too think using the investigative reporter route for the main story line of the game makes more sense then anything we have had for a superman game in a long time... Although the superman nes game was mocked...and understandably so.... that games story was pushed specifically for you to find said bad guy that perry white wants you to run a story on... as clark kent you find the bad guy destroy him as superman and write the story.... this should be implemented but on a more indepth scale as you said...

I'd like generic mad scientists/ mob bosses/ crooked politicians/ and Lex Luthor/ to be your main villains. These are all people you have to (along side with lois) investigate as a reporter and capture as superman...

You should beable to freely turn into superman or clark kent at anytime but you have to be sure that no one sees you maybe have a meter for that to see when the coast is clear.

side quest ideas would be run away trains/ hijacked planes or planes that are falling/ Escaped zoo animals ( in the 40s superman wrestled many gorillas and other wild animals) jewel thiefs/ bank robberies/ hostage situations/ purse snatchers/ suicide jumpers (if you get to them in time you can talk them down if you miss it you have to hurry and catch them before they hit the ground/ etc. you could leave like a large robot for one of the main bosses.

Also you should have two meters a city health meter during main boss missions say a mad scientist builds a ray gun and is destroying the city or a robot is destroying the city..or if you accept a side mission where whatever your going up against is destroying the city you have to neutralize the situations before too much of the city is damaged.....

The second bar is a citizens trust bar.... if you ever listen to the old radio programs (which i recommend cause they are simply amazing) youll know that not everyone trusts superman much like you see in spiderman and batman movies/comics... especially police they dont like a vigilante running around town with out warrant. I think you should have to build on peoples trust for you... if you accept a mission and you dont save the day too many times or say you cause too much damage while you are in the middle of a fight...people dont trust you ...or if you do everything right the majority of the time the trust for you goes up and up... cops dont want to harass you when they see you rather they cheer you on.. and people dont run in terror when you are around...

You should have full access to his powers x-ray/heat vision/ freeze breath/ telescopic vision/ super speed (within reason) and super strength... if i knock into a building too many times the building should collapse which effects your citizen trust meter) These can all get upgrades to them. Not only do I want an option for flight (obviously) but i also want to be able to jump at great distances to where when i do jump up i will come down rather then jumping up into a flight in other words i should be able to (leap tall buildings in a single bound)

I want to be able to fly up to space or deep into the ocean

as for side missions and main missions i think when you are free roaming..you dont HAVE to do a side mission if it comes up as a blip on your map indicator.... i should have to actually make it to the mark to accept the mission..not accepting it i feel shouldnt effect your trust one way or the other... and these missions should not come up if you are doing a main mission quest...This was a big reason why id idnt like superman returns.... youd be fighting a main mission bad guy and you accidently get close to where some side quest starts up and then you have to do both at once ... this goes for the people you had to take to the hospital when youd accidently hurt them or someone else hurt them...

I just personally feel a golden age superman would work much better in a game.

jpharrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:24 PM   #22
KrypJonian
The Last Son of Krypjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharrah View Post

My thoughts is a Golden age Superman just simply would work better as a playable character. Superman should be invincible yet not overly strong. Superman getting hit by a train when he doesnt see it coming and has no time to brace himself should get knocked down. If a mechanical robot hits him he should be knocked down. Watch the fliescher cartoons for inspiration on "the strength" of superman.. Infact a game like this I'd like to see him in the Fleischer costume to me its the best costume in any animation.

This way watching superman punch lets say a common crook while the crooks in the middle of a robbery doesnt sound so unbelievable.

I too think using the investigative reporter route for the main story line of the game makes more sense then anything we have had for a superman game in a long time... Although the superman nes game was mocked...and understandably so.... that games story was pushed specifically for you to find said bad guy that perry white wants you to run a story on... as clark kent you find the bad guy destroy him as superman and write the story.... this should be implemented but on a more indepth scale as you said...

I'd like generic mad scientists/ mob bosses/ crooked politicians/ and Lex Luthor/ to be your main villains. These are all people you have to (along side with lois) investigate as a reporter and capture as superman...

You should beable to freely turn into superman or clark kent at anytime but you have to be sure that no one sees you maybe have a meter for that to see when the coast is clear.

side quest ideas would be run away trains/ hijacked planes or planes that are falling/ Escaped zoo animals ( in the 40s superman wrestled many gorillas and other wild animals) jewel thiefs/ bank robberies/ hostage situations/ purse snatchers/ suicide jumpers (if you get to them in time you can talk them down if you miss it you have to hurry and catch them before they hit the ground/ etc. you could leave like a large robot for one of the main bosses.

Also you should have two meters a city health meter during main boss missions say a mad scientist builds a ray gun and is destroying the city or a robot is destroying the city..or if you accept a side mission where whatever your going up against is destroying the city you have to neutralize the situations before too much of the city is damaged.....

The second bar is a citizens trust bar.... if you ever listen to the old radio programs (which i recommend cause they are simply amazing) youll know that not everyone trusts superman much like you see in spiderman and batman movies/comics... especially police they dont like a vigilante running around town with out warrant. I think you should have to build on peoples trust for you... if you accept a mission and you dont save the day too many times or say you cause too much damage while you are in the middle of a fight...people dont trust you ...or if you do everything right the majority of the time the trust for you goes up and up... cops dont want to harass you when they see you rather they cheer you on.. and people dont run in terror when you are around...

You should have full access to his powers x-ray/heat vision/ freeze breath/ telescopic vision/ super speed (within reason) and super strength... if i knock into a building too many times the building should collapse which effects your citizen trust meter) These can all get upgrades to them. Not only do I want an option for flight (obviously) but i also want to be able to jump at great distances to where when i do jump up i will come down rather then jumping up into a flight in other words i should be able to (leap tall buildings in a single bound)

as for side missions and main missions i think when you are free roaming..you dont HAVE to do a side mission if it comes up as a blip on your map indicator.... i should have to actually make it to the mark to accept the mission..not accepting it i feel shouldnt effect your trust one way or the other... and these missions should not come up if you are doing a main mission quest...This was a big reason why id idnt like superman returns.... youd be fighting a main mission bad guy and you accidently get close to where some side quest starts up and then you have to do both at once ... this goes for the people you had to take to the hospital when youd accidently hurt them or someone else hurt them...

Well put

That actually sounds like a really cool game...

Old 03-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #23
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharrah View Post

Been saying pretty much all this for months, but glad you got it all into one post, I was way too lazy to do that, haha. I definitely agree, there's a way to make a Superman great, and I definitely think this a great template to get us there. I also like the idea of a trust bar rather than a health bar like they used in SR. Same kind of concept, but better.

Last edited by TheBat812; 03-17-2012 at 06:28 PM.
TheBat812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 03:29 PM   #24
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

^ That looks like Superman got lost in the land of the Super Mario Bros.

I like the idea of Clark investigating potential stories that could probably act like missions.

Old 08-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #25
TruerToTheCore
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
^ That looks like Superman got lost in the land of the Super Mario Bros.
The funny thing is that you can switch between Clark and Superman by going into phone booths. The dumb thing is that Superman cannot just fly to a location you have to turn back to Clark since Superman can apparently not use the subway...

TruerToTheCore is offline   Reply With Quote