The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #1
diabolik
Side-Kick
 
diabolik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: NY
Posts: 1,400
Default The Joker sized elephant in the room

So how there HAS to be some talk mention or screen time for him in this final film right? They can't destroy Gotham, connect everything to the other films...and totally leave him out.

How do you think it will be handled ( if at all )

diabolik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
thewhyteman
I got yer side-kick
 
thewhyteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In the dirty dirty.
Posts: 1,066
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Logically, I think they will mention him. He is after all Batman's greatest villain. I have no doubt absent Ledger's passing, Joker would play a decent size roll in the third.

So I would think it would be done with Dialog. Possibly between Batman and Gordan towards the beginning of the movie.

__________________
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. ~Chuck Palahniuk

Kevin Feige is a raging D-Bag.....I'm just sayin'.
thewhyteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #3
Troy_Parker
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: YooKay
Posts: 11,242
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Maybe Batman will ask Gordon about him.

"How's the clown?"

I don't know, something like that.

Troy_Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,233
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

If, indeed, Bruce is to continue his journey beyond these films in our minds imagination, a very corny way of doing it would be for him to hear the Joker escapes at the end. And I'd enjoy every second of it

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Doc Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
TinkerTailor
Pest
 
TinkerTailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: England
Posts: 761
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

I think his influence is going to be felt purely because of the position Batman finds himself in at the start of the film. Hunted by GCPD and taking the weight for Dent's crimes.


Last edited by TinkerTailor; 11-08-2011 at 06:00 PM.
TinkerTailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,167
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerTailor View Post
I think his influence is going to be felt purely because of the position Batman finds himself in at the start of the film. Hunted by GCPD and taking the weight for Dent's crimes.
This I agree with. Joker is finished with, and his legacy is all that's left. Enter Bane.

AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #7
Polaris23
Side-Kick
 
Polaris23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,522
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
This I agree with. Joker is finished with, and his legacy is all that's left. Enter Bane.
Exactly. Enough of the Joker. I'm sure they'll mention the same way Dent mentions Falcone in TDK or the way Bane has Dent's photos, but nothing more. And that's enough.

__________________
Take a moment and wander off - my dreamy outer space surrealist artwork

Check it out:
www.PolarisCastillo.com
&
www.facebook.com/makeLovetomeinSpace
Polaris23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
87vertgt
Dark Knight Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago South Loop
Posts: 176
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Good Thread...I've been meaning to ask this myself......



How are they going to continue the storyline???? They must have something really good up their sleeve as part 3 was in mind when part 1 and 2 were created.

At the same time. The Joker can get out of any situation as he's proved time and time again. How do they keep him locked up this time? I dont think they can.

87vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #9
WiseBrook
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 144
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87vertgt View Post
Good Thread...I've been meaning to ask this myself......



How are they going to continue the storyline???? They must have something really good up their sleeve as part 3 was in mind when part 1 and 2 were created.
Ive never heard any indication that this story was conceived during the earlier films. They said that TDK was originally planned as two sequels. But Im sure they do have something up their sleeve.

WiseBrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #10
Boom
I got nothin'
 
Boom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sitting on the nitpicket fence
Posts: 31,482
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

I don't necessarily see a problem here.

The Joker's story arc was completed in TDK, and he's behind bars.

__________________
Everything in this post is my fault.

Last edited by Boom; 11-08-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 AM   #11
Two-Face
Harvey Dent
 
Two-Face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 47,631
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I don't necessarily see a problem here.

The Joker's story arc was completed in TDK, and he's behind bars.
He would have escaped again Boom, if Ledger was alive I believe Joker would been in the third movie maybe not big role but decent screen time would been appropriate.

__________________
"Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded." - The Dark Knight.

Avatar by Kane.
Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
Tojo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,570
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

I also believe, had he lived, Joker would have played a role in TDKR. Not instead of Bane necessarily, but perhaps a supporting role. There isn't really any space for him in this film, and he's so dominant that perhaps it would have been better to leave the character out, even if Ledger was still alive. Did I hear correctly that he signed on for an optional sequel? Anyway, I can imagine Joker sitting in arkham or prison feeling alittle left out.

Also, if Arkham is out of commission, then he'd be in prison somewhere in Gotham. In this case, Bane surely, surely would have released all prisoners during the city takeover. It's just logical to presume he's escaped, even if Arkham is still in commission(because Bane would have released them aswell, in all probability).

I don't think he needs a mention particularly, but i'd be happy if he was. If we get a quick shot of inmates being released, i'd love to see one brief moment of a prison door opening, and a dark, silhouetted Joker sitting in a chair, head down, then lifting his head. Of course, it'd be lit so that we could only guess who it was, but enough for the fans to recognise. That'd be cool

Tojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:04 PM   #13
Pontillo
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 90
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

would like to hear his name mentioned at least once. If he's totally ignore it will be wrong imo.

Pontillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:06 PM   #14
Just_Human
Side-Kick
 
Just_Human's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,266
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

There could be some subtle reference, without having to mention him or his name.

Like how some Gothamites don't trust anyone or have gone crazy ( as the Joker himself said in TDK)

Remember in TDK, they talk about the Arkham psychos Joker has hired.
At the end of BB, Gordon is worried about the ex Arkham inmates who were still out there.
But in TDK, there was no mention of the LOS or RAG ( correct me if Im wrong)

Back to TDKR, they could also bring up the fact that all mob is locked up or killed

Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:49 PM   #15
HisMagicTrick
Thank God I'm Pretty
 
HisMagicTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,013
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
There could be some subtle reference, without having to mention him or his name.

Like how some Gothamites don't trust anyone or have gone crazy ( as the Joker himself said in TDK)

Remember in TDK, they talk about the Arkham psychos Joker has hired.
At the end of BB, Gordon is worried about the ex Arkham inmates who were still out there.
But in TDK, there was no mention of the LOS or RAG ( correct me if Im wrong)

Back to TDKR, they could also bring up the fact that all mob is locked up or killed
Yes I was actually thinking about this. I mean, I really hope there will be some mention of the Joker, but if Ras Al Gul wasn't brought up in TDK then there's a chance the Joker won't be in this one. But, as others have said, because Harvey will be spoken about in TDKR then maybe the Joker will.

__________________
What do you say we lighten things up and talk about abortion? - Bill Hicks
HisMagicTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #16
Armored Avenger
A Wizard is never late...
 
Armored Avenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,011
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisMagicTrick View Post
Yes I was actually thinking about this. I mean, I really hope there will be some mention of the Joker, but if Ras Al Gul wasn't brought up in TDK then there's a chance the Joker won't be in this one. But, as others have said, because Harvey will be spoken about in TDKR then maybe the Joker will.
The main difference between the lack of mention of Ra's and a potential lack of mention of the Joker is that the public are unaware that Ra's and the League of Shadows were behind the fear toxin attack. The viral for The Dark Knight made it clear that the people of Gotham believe that Scarecrow and an unknown Terrorist group were responsible.
The Joker made himself a well known, self publicised force within the city and threatened the populace on television, walked the streets shooting at cars, blew up a hospital (after telling everyone in Gotham that he would) and forced an evacuation.

Armored Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #17
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 37,377
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Since Harvey Dent is obviously getting a few mentions, I think the Joker is guaranteed one, too, since he was instrumental in Harvey's downfall. It looks like the whole Harvey Dent legacy is part of Bane's plan.

Unless there's an Arkham breakout, there's no problem story wise with Joker being absent.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:20 PM   #18
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,081
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

If Ledger were still alive, I could see Joker serving as the judge, just because he targeted Dent in TDK and because one of his stories about his past involved his wife getting involved with the mob. The scene could've elaborated more on Joker's past through the sentences he passed on the upperclass rich--businessmen and elected officials who were tied with the mob--and progressed Bane's plan for Gotham.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:02 AM   #19
sqwhale
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 242
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Unless there's an Arkham breakout, there's no problem story wise with Joker being absent.
I think that's why they use Blackgate in this movie as the breakout instead of Arkham like they did in Knightfall. I would suspect if Ledger was still alive we would have seen a bit of Scarecrow/Joker team up with them kidnapping the mayor.
But I truly hope they mention him.

sqwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #20
GregComicFan
movie and comic buff
 
GregComicFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Anne Arundel County, Maryland
Posts: 1,155
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

My thoughts:

I think Joker will get a mention, however, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he DOESN'T GET MENTIONED AT ALL.

Why?

Because after the events of TDK, I think it's more important that Harvey Dent is mentioned and recollected more so than the Joker. Batman-as-a-fugitive for Harvey's crimes is a plot hole that's not tied up. TDKR has to fix this; TDKR can decide to not mention the Joker and be completely fine.

Based on spoilers and speculation, I predict Ras, Dent, Bruce's parents, Scarecrow, Rachel, Bruce's past, will all get mention... but the Joker is a 50/50 shot. Based on the news/spy pics/etc, I don't see a necessity to bring up the Joker.

GregComicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:38 AM   #21
jmc
callin' it like I see it
 
jmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: I come from the land Down Under
Posts: 21,014
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

It wasn't a plot hole, it was left open.

jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:51 AM   #22
dark_b
Side-Kick
 
dark_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 44,101
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwhale View Post
I think that's why they use Blackgate in this movie as the breakout instead of Arkham like they did in Knightfall. I would suspect if Ledger was still alive we would have seen a bit of Scarecrow/Joker team up with them kidnapping the mayor.
But I truly hope they mention him.
i think its in Bane's interest that he breaks out ciriminals that will folow him and listen to him. breaking out Arkham's freaks wouldnt be good for him. they would run away or do some crazy stuff. Bane needs a sane and not an insane army. IMO

dark_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:29 AM   #23
Laderlappen
Fat, drunk, and stupid
 
Laderlappen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In an ice-cold IKEA country
Posts: 4,927
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwhale View Post
But I truly hope they mention him.
Why?

__________________
I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse.
Laderlappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #24
sqwhale
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 242
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laderlappen View Post
Why?
Well because he was a serious threat to Gotham last movie and was well known. To not even mention him after what happened would be silly IMO.

sqwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:16 PM   #25
Laderlappen
Fat, drunk, and stupid
 
Laderlappen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In an ice-cold IKEA country
Posts: 4,927
Default Re: The Joker sized elephant in the room

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwhale View Post
Well because he was a serious threat to Gotham last movie and was well known. To not even mention him after what happened would be silly IMO.
But that threat ended when TDK ended. The Joker is not in the movie so why does he need to be mentioned?

__________________
I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse.
Laderlappen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.