Old 03-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Alliance

more infor on this face book game.

Mar 12 - EP Daily - 3

and

Developer Diary: Building An Alliance

The developers bring you in deeper to show you what goes into making this epic RPG.

source: Ep(Electric playground ) and GT

Last edited by zenith16; 03-13-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
zenith16
Side-Kick

Video Preview

Marvel: Avengers Alliance Hands-On Preview

X-Play
3 / 5
Marvel invades Facebook gaming with Marvel: Avengers Alliance, and Adam Sessler gets a hands-on demo of the turn-based, combat RPG gameplay from Playdom Sr. Producer Robert Reichner, and even finds an X-Play gadget in the game.

source: X-play

Old 04-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I just began playing this game a few days ago, and so far it's surprisingly fun to play. Unfortunately, to really get the most out of this game, you have to spend real money for it, plus some characters such as Capt. America and Hulk need insane amount of Command Pts which won't be easily acquired within the game unless you spend money for them. I don't mind doing it, but so far I haven't decided how much I should spend, given the fact that I just started playing recently.

So, does anyone else play this game?

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah I checked it out my self after Ep and Xplay put their info on it too. it does have a few things from the old school FF games if you've played those as those shows have described. so far I have black widow cyclops Luke cage, iron fist iron man ms marvel and hawk eye. iron man and hawk eye were just dropped on me. but their capable and cool. the other i chose and I'm working my way to DD and Spidey ,phoenix and shadow cat and maybe night crawler. I'll see who else I'll add when i reach there. and no I haven't been spending real money. you can do that if you want to do things faster. but you can earn in game money as in avengers gold bars with the character you have already and if you have enough buy the stuff / characters you need. other stuff such as objects/g ear wise that will come to you when they come to you. the real money thing is a turn off to most gamers(since we're in a recession) and why most face book games are disliked. they see it as a cash grab scheme for a good reason.

but the point is you can do it ether way. I'm choosing to earn them . it may be the long way, but it's the best way for me. and i don't feel like using my prepaid credit card on this. it's not worth it at this point.

Last edited by zenith16; 04-03-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:33 PM   #6
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
yeah I checked it out my self after Ep and Xplay put their info on it too. it does have a few things from the old school FF games if you've played those as those shows have described. so far I have black widow cyclops Luke cage, iron fist iron man ms marvel and hawk eye. iron man and hawk eye were just dropped on me. but their capable and cool. the other i chose and I'm working my way to DD and Spidey ,phoenix and shadow cat and maybe night crawler. I'll see who else I'll add when i reach there. and no I haven't been spending real money. you can do that if you want to do things faster. but you can earn in game money as in avengers gold bars with the character you have already and if you have enough buy the stuff / characters you need. other stuff such as objects/g ear wise that will come to you when they come to you. the real money thing is a turn off to most gamers(since we're in a recession) and why most face book games are disliked. they see it as a cash grab scheme for a good reason.

but the point is you can do it ether way. I'm choosing to earn them . it may be the long way, but it's the best way for me. and i don't feel like using my prepaid credit card on this. it's not worth it at this point.
I hear you, but right now I'm only at level 9 (finding time to play with a full-time job and family is hard), and unfortunately some superheroes like Cap and Thor are just so expensive even though they don't seemed to be much more powerful than other characters. I'm still contemplating whether to spend any money on this game but so far I haven't done it yet. I'd like to earn those characters in the game w/out shelling out cash for them also, but I'm not sure how long it will take.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
zenith16
Side-Kick

I'd say go at your own pace cause your not in a race. But i understand what you mean. I work too. and life's life. do what you gotta do man.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:23 PM   #8
roach
I am the night

been playing for a while and it seems they reduced the price of some heroes....i have most of the heroes save for Sif, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Phoenix and Black Cat. Hulk is a beast

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-05-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
been playing for a while and it seems they reduced the price of some heroes....i have most of the heroes save for Sif, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Phoenix and Black Cat. Hulk is a beast
Did you earn those heroes in the game or did you buy them?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
roach
I am the night

earned them

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #11
Raiden

Quote:
earned them
So heroes like Hulk & Cap which cost 90 CP apiece can be earned? That's cool. Can you tell me what level you are?

Old 04-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #12
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
So heroes like Hulk & Cap which cost 90 CP apiece can be earned? That's cool. Can you tell me what level you are?
I'm level 42...as you level you get gold and you can convert the gold into CP...and during battles if you hit a foe hard enough they cough up CP...then after you beat a boss or epic boss you get a chance to win CP

Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #13
Raiden

Quote:
I'm level 42...as you level you get gold and you can convert the gold into CP...and during battles if you hit a foe hard enough they cough up CP...then after you beat a boss or epic boss you get a chance to win CP
Thanks for the info. I think I'll keep playing then, albeit at a slow pace, and get those characters gradually.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #14
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's basically how I've earned my CP. I've slogged through getting 5 stars on all the missions in the first two chapters to maximize the amount I can get. I also don't use the gold except for converting it to CP. Takes forever to get enough command points for the big characters, but I've gotten Thor, Spider Man, War Machine, and Wolverine to go along with Iron Fist, She-Hulk, Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Iron Man.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #15
roach
I am the night

did anyone see the exclusive avengers trailer for the game....its pretty awesome

Old 04-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #16
Raiden

Quote:
did anyone see the exclusive avengers trailer for the game....its pretty awesome
Yeah, it's amazing. I just wish there's a high-res trailer for it because the one shown in the game was too grainy.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:29 AM   #17
lixdexia
Blood Angels

i kept clicking the button to see it but it would never load

dictated, not read.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:10 PM   #18
Raiden

Did you guys ever purchase the alternate costumes for the heroes?

Old 04-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
roach
I am the night

no not yet...im not planning to do that til I get all of the heroes

Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #20
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
no not yet...im not planning to do that til I get all of the heroes
Same here. I just have too many heroes I need to get before I have CP to waste on costumes.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:27 AM   #21
Raiden

I must admit, I'm mighty tempted to purchase the movie costumes, but even if I spent $20 it still won't be enough, and it can get really expensive in a hurry, so I'm hesitant about it.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #22
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I really don't want to pay to get the movie tie-in Avengers costume, but I'm not getting command points fast enough. I get one (Gold bar every time I level up) and (5 Command points when I get all 4 stars) Their's got to be a faster way.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:55 PM   #23
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I really don't want to pay to get the movie tie-in Avengers costume, but I'm not getting command points fast enough. I get one (Gold bar every time I level up) and (5 Command points when I get all 4 stars) Their's got to be a faster way.
I wouldn't get all the Avengers costumes since some just aren't worth it. I think the main ones to concentrate on are probably Cap, IM, Thor, and possibly BW. I already got Cap's bruiser just to get another class for him, but I have another 115 CP (all earned in game) to use. I really benefited from yesterday's glitching since the roulette thing kept giving me 5 CP and my energy kept refreshing, allowing me to do tons of jobs that dropped CP.

Old 05-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #24
Raiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I wouldn't get all the Avengers costumes since some just aren't worth it. I think the main ones to concentrate on are probably Cap, IM, Thor, and possibly BW. I already got Cap's bruiser just to get another class for him, but I have another 115 CP (all earned in game) to use. I really benefited from yesterday's glitching since the roulette thing kept giving me 5 CP and my energy kept refreshing, allowing me to do tons of jobs that dropped CP.
I really wanted the movie costumes, and since my agent's level is still very low (lvl 14), I decided to purchase some gold and get the movie costumes for BW and Hawkeye before they expired. I'd have waited, but the limited period put on these costumes forced me to shell out money for them, which I'm not happy about. People who have played the game earlier and/or have more time to play definitely got some advantage in purchasing these costumes.

Btw, I'm still contemplating whether to buy Cap, Thor, and/or Hulk. However, for 90 CP a pop, it is just way too outrageously priced, because each essentially costs $10 USD. That's just insane imo.

Last edited by Raiden; 05-14-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #25
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I really wanted the movie costumes, and since my agent's level is still very low (lvl 14), I decided to purchase some gold and get the movie costumes for BW and Hawkeye before they expired. I'd have waited, but the limited period put on these costumes forced me to shell out money for them, which I'm not happy about. People who have played the game earlier and/or have more time to play definitely got some advantage in purchasing these costumes.

Btw, I'm still contemplating whether to buy Cap, Thor, and/or Hulk. However, for 90 CP a pop, it is just way too outrageously priced, because each essentially costs $10 USD. That's just insane imo.
they are all awesome in their own rights but i'd get Hulk first

Closed Thread