The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 04-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Default Redo a scene or line or...

I know alot of people have given their opinions on how they would've remade the entire series in their own ways,but I was just wondering about little scenes,lines or moments you would like to redo. Let's say the general plots and characters from the films are intact,but what little lines or moments would you change?
-Obviously,I'd give Venom a few more lines and cool things to do in Spidey 3. One idea I had was when Spidey and Venom first meet on top of that suspended taxi. Once Venom lands on the car I'd have him keep his "Venom face," and in a scary voice,growl the word," Parkerrrrr!!" Spidey would whisper to himself,"The symbiote!" Then Brock's face is revealed and Spidey says,"Oh my God! Eddie!" Brock would then say(with a twsited smile),"I'm flattered you still remember me,Pete. By the way,remember when you told me to find religion? Well,I found something better!" He would then grab MJ by the throat,as the symbiote would cover Brock's mouth. Then he uses a long tongue to lick the side of MJ's face and says,"Karma's a bit like her,Petey...kind of a bit@h!" Spidey would then leap at Brock only to be punched and knocked to the web below.

Just one of a few small tweeks I'd make.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #2
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Default Re: Redo a scene or line or...

The hospital scene, I won't damage a strong horror scene with the cheesy 'NOOOOOOOO', I'll keep Octaviuses shock subtle, he'll walk through the hospital corridors in silent panic, people will panic, some will look inside the OR and call the police, no music the entire scene

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Anno_Domini
Banned User

The "nooo" is fine, although I would keep the tentacles from reacting in the manner they reacted during the scene with screaming in agony with Otto.

I would also redo the entirety of Spider-Man 3. Keep in the line of straight-laced humor seen in 1 and 2 as well as the "cheese" that Raimi enjoys, but much less of it and better ideas for the characters, especially Aunt May who seemed like she had nothing to do in the film as well as making Captain Stacy actually ACT like a father/cares for his daughter.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #4
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

All the redo Spider-Man 3 really needs is:
  • Dancing, go away, shoo
  • Make Connors a biologist
  • Gwen Stacey in Peter's science class? Are they in middle school in my country or something? He's majoring physics, he should have lots of physics subjects
  • And Peter saying "Spider-Man used to be attacked all the time". Aahh, no, he was revered stupid
  • Crane scene, we need more details

And those, are nitpicks

Old 04-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
  • Dancing, go away, shoo
  • When Peter danced around twice...it's not a nitpick. There's a difference between his happy spring step in Spider-Man 2 and grinding into nothingness in Spider-Man 3 when Raimi wanted the symbiote to look like a joke. I wouldn't mind the jazz scene as much if he didn't do that dance routine by himself earlier.

Quote:
  • Not a nitpick when it just messes up who Connors is in the comics, but although...this has happened already with Gwen being a model and not a nerd and MJ was not a party girl in the trilogy.

Quote:
  • Gwen Stacey in Peter's science class? Are they in middle school in my country or something? He's majoring physics, he should have lots of physics subjects
  • This may be a nitpick, lol. Do we even know what Peter is majoring in? And plus, for some subjects, you have to take courses outside of your major.

Quote:
  • And Peter saying "Spider-Man used to be attacked all the time". Aahh, no, he was revered stupid
  • He was hated by quite a bit of New Yorkers in the beginning of Spider-Man 1 and not just JJJ.

Quote:
Quote:
And those, are nitpicks
And as I said....Captain Stacy should've acted like he cared enough to worry about the potential idea of Gwen falling to her death in that scene.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
  • Dancing, go away, shoo

And those, are nitpicks
Heh, yeah. And all Batman & Robin needed was more make-up on Clooney.

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #7
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
The dancing is no nitpick. That is a valid criticism.
It's a nitpick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
When Peter danced around twice...it's not a nitpick. There's a difference between his happy spring step in Spider-Man 2 and grinding into nothingness in Spider-Man 3 when Raimi wanted the symbiote to look like a joke. I wouldn't mind the jazz scene as much if he didn't do that dance routine by himself earlier.
Little scenes, remember?
Nitpick

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
Heh, yeah. And all Batman & Robin needed was more make-up on Clooney.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #8
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
It's a nitpick
Entire scenes of goofball dancing are not nitpicks. Those scenes are some of the most criticized in Spider-Man 3.

If that's a nitpick then I shudder to think what a real criticism is.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Entire scenes of goofball dancing are not nitpicks. Those scenes are some of the most criticized in Spider-Man 3.

If that's a nitpick then I shudder to think what a real criticism is.
Dancing scene 1 has plenty of cutaways, and it wasn't really a dance until he left the clothes store
Dancing in the club is a short scene

But losing your powers cause you keep sulking is a touching and smart idea that lasts 32 minutes
How about in SM3 we have Peter mad and upset in a way he loses his powers - AGAIN- then the symbiote goes on him and he can't shoot webs, then what?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

The dancing is no nitpick. That is a valid criticism.

- The Joker
Old 04-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Move on and get back to talking about stuff you'll redo, like this stuff from SM1:
This Goblin line from times square: "We'll meet again, SPIDER-MAAAN". Omit this waste
Spidey saving MJ and swinging around with her instead of putting her down, fix that by just putting her down back in TS, and ever survivor from that balcony
In the burning building, just make Spider-Man's line "You're out of your mind"

Old 04-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #12
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Dancing scene 1 has plenty of cutaways, and it wasn't really a dance until he left the clothes store
He was jigging down the street making those silly hand gestures with that music playing.

Quote:
Dancing in the club is a short scene
It was long enough to make an impression, spawn several parodies mocking it, and annoy many people.

Quote:
But losing your powers cause you keep sulking is a touching and smart idea that lasts 32 minutes
Translation: Losing your powers because you're isolated from your best friend, the girl you love, feeling guilty over your Uncle's death, losing jobs, failing college and unable to help your poor Aunt keep the family home.

Yes, that is touching.

Quote:
How about in SM3 we have Peter mad and upset in a way he loses his powers - AGAIN- then the symbiote goes on him and he can't shoot webs, then what?
Is this a rhetorical question or are you just fond of making up stupid scenarios that would never happen?

- The Joker
Old 04-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #13
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Did I forget to say we should get back to the title suggestion? Cause I think that's overdue

Warning: Do not open this slip if you care to respond, stick to your reactions facepalms and doh's
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
He was jigging down the street making those silly hand gestures with that music playing.

It was long enough to make an impression, spawn several parodies mocking it, and annoy many people.
GOLD MINE

Quote:
Translation: Losing your powers because you're isolated from your best friend, the girl you love, feeling guilty over your Uncle's death, losing jobs, failing college and unable to help your poor Aunt keep the family home.

Yes, that is touching.
It would be touching if he started losing hair, or had an ulcer

Quote:
Is this a rhetorical question or are you just fond of making up stupid scenarios that would never happen?
I'm fond of making fun of stupid scenarios, like that one in SM2

Old 04-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
GOLD MINE
I agree. I love seeing it being mocked for the rubbish it is.

Quote:
It would be touching if he started losing hair, or had an ulcer
I'm assuming that redundant remark is just more of your own brand of unfunny humor.

Quote:
I'm fond of making fun of stupid scenarios, like that one in SM2
If it was as stupid as you claim, it would have been parodied or mocked by the masses like the aforementioned rubbish in Spider-Man 3 was. But it wasn't.

If it was so stupid then Spider-Man 2 would not be hailed as one of the greats in the superhero genre since the power loss plot is a such a huge part of the story. Not to mention it's specifically taken from the comics where Peter lost his powers due to emotional stress.

Peter never danced around with an emo style haircut in the comics, thankfully.

- The Joker
Old 04-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #15
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
I agree. I love seeing it being mocked for the rubbish it is.
I like this spirit

Quote:
I'm assuming that redundant remark is just more of your own brand of unfunny humor.
It's not humor, it's how that scene would be far less silly and more serious

Quote:
If it was as stupid as you claim, it would have been parodied or mocked by the masses like the aforementioned rubbish in Spider-Man 3 was. But it wasn't.
It was stupid in the 60s comic, it was a little less stupid in the 90s cartoon, it's even more stupid in the movie

Quote:
If it was so stupid then Spider-Man 2 would not be hailed as one of the greats in the superhero genre since the power loss plot is a such a huge part of the story. Not to mention it's specifically taken from the comics where Peter lost his powers due to emotional stress.
Which makes it an overrated film, and look above

Quote:
Peter never danced around with an emo style haircut in the comics, thankfully.
I'm going to agree, the comics are less stupid than these movies anyway

Old 04-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #16
El Payaso
Banned User

I'm sorry but those dancing scenes are the equivalent of the bat-credit card in B&R.

Only the bat-credit card moment was much shorter.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #17
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
I'm sorry but those dancing scenes are the equivalent of the bat-credit card in B&R.

Only the bat-credit card moment was much shorter.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #18
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Care to elaborate your dodging?

Old 04-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #19
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Care to elaborate your dodging?
Your statement is funny, no dodging happened

Old 04-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #20
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

I'd replace 'Eddie' in the first movie with 'Lance', or don't make Eddie a new guy in SM3

Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
Viper81
Agent of Mac Sauce

Id redo spiderman 3 by not even having Venom. You could still introduce Eddie Brock if you wanted, but leave Venom for the sequel that could have happened if 3 wasn't as heavily criticized.

Instead, id have dr connors become the lizard king and have harry and pete battle throughout the movie. In other words, make the build up that was established in the first two movies actually pay off. Ramp up the emotion between peter and harry and make it a key element of the story.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #22
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I rewatched the original Spider-man today. I still love the movie alot. I hadn't really seen it in a while but it really made me see that Dafoe's Goblin is the cheesiest villain of the series,and one of the cheesiest in comic book history. His lines were horrible in most cases(and cliche)and when you mix that with his Power ranger costume it just comes out so damn flat. Dafoe is really great as Norman though,even when he's "talking" to himself,but once he put that Goblin suit on...Ugh.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 AM   #23
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

How could Raimi make SM3 any good if he has to have Venom as a villain,you have to have the symbiote first.It's like Avi Arad didn't get this,why couldn't he let Raimi have just the symbiote in SM3 and have Venom in SM4.

Answer is,because the movie was gonna end as a trilogy and Avi Arad wanted to give fans Venom.

I don't know why they wanted the movie to end with SM3 since it was a successful movie franchise for them.

And so Raimi had to give us Harry's revenge by becoming a goblin,and have one of his classic villains that he orignally planned,and another villain that was forced on him.

Raimi could of made Harry get his revenge instead of being a goblin,he could of had Harry make a super villain Electro to kill spidey.

And show how Peter was really sick when he was a kid and how his dad put the symbiote into Peter's body to cure him.Show how the symbiote has been dormat this whole time.

But all the electricity that Electro zaps on spidey wakes it,creating the black spider-man.

Then spidey defeats Electro and takes it off,then Venom is the main villain.

Then when they wanted to do SM4,Raimi could of done his Vulture/Sandman story.

SM5 his Lizard story.

Too bad,what a shame that it didn't go down a different way.

GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #24
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
How could Raimi make SM3 any good if he has to have Venom as a villain,you have to have the symbiote first.It's like Avi Arad didn't get this,why couldn't he let Raimi have just the symbiote in SM3 and have Venom in SM4.
I don't think you need a separate Venom film to explain the symbiote -- it works great for serialised comics but it's sort of a good thing to have self-contained stories for films. On that note, I love the fact that we saw Harry's character really go through an arc in this trilogy.

Quote:
Answer is,because the movie was gonna end as a trilogy and Avi Arad wanted to give fans Venom.

I don't know why they wanted the movie to end with SM3 since it was a successful movie franchise for them.

And so Raimi had to give us Harry's revenge by becoming a goblin,and have one of his classic villains that he orignally planned,and another villain that was forced on him.
As far as I recall Sandman was always a big favourite of everyone around: Raimi, Maguire, Arad, etc. They should've went with Pete's wedding story this time. But as for keeping it within SM3 it's only because of sequel-anxiety, how many good movies end on 4 right? In this case, none.

Quote:
And show how Peter was really sick when he was a kid and how his dad put the symbiote into Peter's body to cure him.Show how the symbiote has been dormat this whole time. But all the electricity that Electro zaps on spidey wakes it,creating the black spider-man.
You're thinking more about TASM here, since Pete's parents weren't even a focus in the first trilogy. I like the meteor-crashing "traditional" explanation straight off the animated series. Would've liked it better if they tied it in with John Jameson.

SM3 should've stuck with Harry as the main bad, and gone with Mysterio instead of Sandman. It'd have appealed to Raimi's love of B-rated film theatrics. Make him into this really worthy foe on a criminal level and not as sympathetic. But heck, since they got Venom they should've at least taken more cues from the animated series.

For one thing: "God I want you to kill Spider-Man" should've been changed.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #25
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

There's a few things that could change here or there, but I'd probably give Mary Jane some more spunk in general. Dunst was short-changed.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote