The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by herakles View Post
My 2 favorite parts of that fight scene is Thor calling Mjolnir, he justs sits there waiting for it to fly to him. My next favorite part is when Thor ****** slaps Hulk so hard with Mjolnir that it looked like Hulk was actually KOd till he hit the plane.
Yeah he definately was in a state of euphoria while flying through the air, there's no doubt that he would've bleed had it hit him in the nose.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,965
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah he definately was in a state of euphoria while flying through the air, there's no doubt that he would've bleed had it hit him in the nose.

Euphoria?? You sure about that? Euphoria is the intense feeling of well being, emotionally, and or physically. Hulk looked like he was hurt for the moment from that blow, his face just went, blank haha.

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Euphoria?? You sure about that? Euphoria is the intense feeling of well being, emotionally, and or physically. Hulk looked like he was hurt for the moment from that blow, his face just went, blank haha.
I meant it as in Hulk was kind if "checked out" at the moment, I forgot about the "happiness" aspect of being in euphoria.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton
 
Young Superman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 8,111
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Do you guys and girls think they will change Thor's costume for Thor 2?

__________________
Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us. And on my soul I swear: until my dream where dignity, honor, and justice becomes the reality we all share I'll never stop fighting. Ever - Superman
Young Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Do you guys and girls think they will change Thor's costume for Thor 2?
Hmmm, I want both his armored and "classic" outfits from this film to be used at various points.

If they do changed his costume I wouldn't mind seeing them return to the black pants from his solo film.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #8
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,965
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Hmmm, I want both his armored and "classic" outfits from this film to be used at various points.

If they do changed his costume I wouldn't mind seeing them return to the black pants from his solo film.
I don't know. His armored look really has grown on me. I do like the "classic" look though...

ps BT, you like my new Avy?

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I don't know. His armored look really has grown on me. I do like the "classic" look though...

ps BT, you like my new Avy?
I'm the opposite, the armored look was initially my favorite by far but I've grown to love his "classic" look in this film.

Oh and you're new avy is quite funny, I imagine Thor saying "wowzers" with the camera zooming in and out like that.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #10
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,931
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Do you guys think it was intentional for the film to have not shown Thor being in such peril like most of his teammates were during the final battle?

I mean, you had:

1. Tony nearly getting killed from sending that nuke into space.

2. Steve getting blown out of buildings and getting shot by the Chitari around the ribs.

3. BW was showing obvious fatigue during her final battles with the alien soldiers on the ground.

4. Hawkeye got the wind knocked out of him when he flew right through that window.

5. The Hulk got ambushed with several rays of lasers that were strong enough to subdue him for a while.


Yet, Thor, aside from getting stabbed from Loki, which even with that, didn't seem to really phase him in the long run, didn't really encounter any of these issues. He showed no real signs of fatigue from the final battle, no wounds on his actual body made from the Soldiers either.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Camp Manuel
Posts: 75,889
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

I love how gloriously cheesy the pun in this thread title is.

__________________
Avatar by Hunter Rider
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #12
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,208
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

while thor did'nt have as much screen time as cap or IM i thought he had the best action scenes!!

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 14,788
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

The scene where he comes after Loki is so epic there are no words.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:39 PM   #14
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Yeah hulk looked like he was in trouble at that moment. Even though I was just waiting for him to jump up and take em all out. lol. Thor definitely didn't seem to be getting very tired. He even gets run into by a leviathan. and that didnt stop him

__________________
Movies I have seen this year:
Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,931
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

I honestly can't wait to see Thor tackle on a villain in the TA, or hell, even in his own film, where he's pushed to the breaking point..I mean farther than anything that we've seen where it can't be disputed that he was holding back or whatnot.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 PM   #16
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Yeah hulk looked like he was in trouble at that moment. Even though I was just waiting for him to jump up and take em all out. lol. Thor definitely didn't seem to be getting very tired. He even gets run into by a leviathan. and that didnt stop him
I thought the same thing, but Thor leaped off that chitauri ship right before the leviathan crashed into it.

It was kind of funny really, he was all like "oh ****, gotta go"! *jumps from ship*

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 05-08-2012 at 04:54 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #17
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,815
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

I doubt there's room for it if there will only be three Avengers movies but it would actually be cool if another villain wanted to do something similar to what Loki did in terms of making the Avengers busy fighting themselves, but doing it through finding some way to bring the warrior's madness over Thor. That could probably surprise quite a few people.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #18
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy
 
Avenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New England
Posts: 669
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Thor was a freaking bad*** in this movie. I was never all that interested in Thor's comics as a kid, but TA and his solo movie have really given me a new appreciation for the character. It's true that he had less screen time than Cap and Iron Man, but I never really felt like he was being shortchanged. He was on Earth for a very specific purpose, and his part in the movie flowed very organically.

The only part where I got a little tripped up was when he was in the field and Mjolnir wouldn't come to his hand. Was that supposed to be implying that the hammer needed to be recharged (hence the lightning scene)?

__________________
"They always talk about transcending the genre and I don't believe in transcending the genre. I believe in the genre." -Joss Whedon
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #19
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,931
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post

The only part where I got a little tripped up was when he was in the field and Mjolnir wouldn't come to his hand. Was that supposed to be implying that the hammer needed to be recharged (hence the lightning scene)?
I think Thor was just reflecting on things; what with his brother having actively tried to kill him again after having killed off Coulson, and realizing that he needs to stop his brother now.

i don't think it had anything to do with him not being worthy again or his hammer not functioning.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #20
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,815
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I think Thor was just reflecting on things; what with his brother having actively tried to kill him again after having killed off Coulson, and realizing that he needs to stop his brother now.

i don't think it had anything to do with him not being worthy again or his hammer not functioning.
That's my take on it as well, but it wasn't all too clear and there's been several people asking about that scene.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #21
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,931
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
That's my take on it as well, but it wasn't all too clear and there's been several people asking about that scene.
Yeah, I remember hearing some audience members asking about that when the scene played. I think what helped a lot of casual viewers understand the true context of that scene was how it focused on Thor clenching his hands.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #22
Gamma Burst
Banned User
 
Gamma Burst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Avenger's Mansion
Posts: 8,629
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
Thor was a freaking bad*** in this movie. I was never all that interested in Thor's comics as a kid, but TA and his solo movie have really given me a new appreciation for the character. It's true that he had less screen time than Cap and Iron Man, but I never really felt like he was being shortchanged. He was on Earth for a very specific purpose, and his part in the movie flowed very organically.

The only part where I got a little tripped up was when he was in the field and Mjolnir wouldn't come to his hand. Was that supposed to be implying that the hammer needed to be recharged (hence the lightning scene)?
Glad to see new faces jumping into the Thor bandwagon.

Well, Mjolnir doesn't need to be recharged. Thor was simply summoning his armor to the final battle.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #23
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,561
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
Thor was a freaking bad*** in this movie. I was never all that interested in Thor's comics as a kid, but TA and his solo movie have really given me a new appreciation for the character. It's true that he had less screen time than Cap and Iron Man, but I never really felt like he was being shortchanged. He was on Earth for a very specific purpose, and his part in the movie flowed very organically.

The only part where I got a little tripped up was when he was in the field and Mjolnir wouldn't come to his hand. Was that supposed to be implying that the hammer needed to be recharged (hence the lightning scene)?
no the hammer doesnt need recharging...
After witnessing Coulson getting stabbed and later shot out of the hellicarrier by loki...he feels like he is not worthy to weild mjolnir after failing to protect Coulson and not be able to convince Loki to give up his evil plans...
that was truly an epic cathartic moment

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
itchyscratch
Side-Kick
 
itchyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 672
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
After witnessing Coulson getting stabbed and later shot out of the hellicarrier by loki...he feels like he is not worthy to weild mjolnir after failing to protect Coulson and not be able to convince Loki to give up his evil plans...
that was truly an epic cathartic moment
I didn't get that impression at all. Far from it. I saw him just rethinking his approach. He was brought down to find Loki and take him back to Asgard, but after seeing Loki killing Coulson Thor now knows he definitely has to stay and join the Avengers and do whatever is necessary to stop Loki. It's not a worthiness issue at all. The stakes have risen and in that moment in the field Thor realises that he has to hang around and join the fight against his brother.

itchyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,561
Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
I didn't get that impression at all. Far from it. I saw him just rethinking his approach. He was brought down to find Loki and take him back to Asgard, but after seeing Loki killing Coulson Thor now knows he definitely has to stay and join the Avengers and do whatever is necessary to stop Loki. It's not a worthiness issue at all. The stakes have risen and in that moment in the field Thor realises that he has to hang around and join the fight against his brother.
IMO i think he was like - i have all this godly powers and cannot even protect a friend

darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.