The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > Approval & General RPG Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Really? There isn't a strictly Marvel RPG anymore? Even after The Avengers made 157 bajillion dollars*?

*Numbers may be inaccurate.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...3#post23244033

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #3
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
You want a Marvel RPG, go for it. I would say try and do something different than base it off current comic canon. People don't seem to go for that anymore.
Because current canon is garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
I've had a concept for a Marvel RPG brewing that's neither All-Star nor strictly 616, but mirrors the idea of classic Marvel canon. Basically, just 10 years into the Marvel Universe, vague continuity, some major stuff happened, some didn't. Everything would be deemed fit and unfit by GMs instead of players, so there'd be no confusion.

Personally, I think it's time to move away from the 'back to the beginning' stuff for awhile. UDC and OE already cover that ground well enough.
I like this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustyside-kick View Post
Out of all the games, sadly the Marvel ones have the worst track record. Which is funny since how much the OU games and OE seems to embrace Marvel stuff. Without loyal new blood, I think you guys are setting yourself up to get disappointed.
I think this is the reality.


And thus concludes Rain Dog's 2 cents.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

So, The Amazing Spider-Man.

Is it worth my money? My friends seem pretty divided on it and the trailers only make it seem "okay" to me.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Much rather have his posts than his two cents, but we all know that **** ain't happening anytime soon.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 09:55 PM   #7
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Much rather have his posts than his two cents, but we all know that **** ain't happening anytime soon.
Heh heh heh. Yeah.

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Awwwww, it's MB's home movies.






__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

If I had costumes that awesome as a kid, I'd have never grown up.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #10
Eddie Brock
Golden Domer
 
Eddie Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 250 52nd St.
Posts: 24,905
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
If I had costumes that awesome as a kid, I'd have never grown up.
...let's be honest with ourselves. No one here really grew up. We just act like it.

__________________
Dear Marvel, please stop canceling excellent television shows before their time.
"Dear DC, if Marvel gets Rocket Raccoon in a movie before you make either Wonder Woman or Justice League, you have f***ing failed."
-ToplessRobot.com
Eddie Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:53 AM   #11
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

No, I meant physically. I'd have found a way to keep myself at three feet tall, just so I could still fit the suit.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:31 AM   #12
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Alright, you've made the gifs now, Bats... ...now let the kids go.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:39 AM   #13
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock



Got the new Dell Mini all set up! So things should be on the up and up from here on... and we might see something more detailed than just back and forth dialogue for Nuff Said Hawkeye for once...

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #14
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Go see it.

Now.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #15
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!
 
Andy C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Basement
Posts: 3,561
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I love The Amazing Spider-Man so much I carved its name into every inch of my skin.






On a related note, I am in an unbelievable amount of pain right now.

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #16
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

How obsesses is Andy over Garfield?

He had his name changed to Charles Guiteau...

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #17
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,175
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

...

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
Rain Dog
Failure
 
Rain Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Inside a broken clock
Posts: 1,843
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Hmm.

I'm still apprehensive. How is it compared to Raimi's Spider-Man? Is it analogous to what Batman Begins is to Batman?

Rain Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #19
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Just as good as the first two Raimi films, and some will argue better, and it's like Batman Begins in that it takes its time with characters developing. In a good way.

NOW, GET THE **** OFF THE INTERNET AND GO SEE IT!!!

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #20
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,422
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Charles Guiteau... He was obsessed with and assassinated President Garfield.... Garfield is the name of the guy playing Spider-- It's a whole thing.

__________________
Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #21
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Charles Guiteau... He was obsessed with and assassinated President Garfield.... Garfield is the name of the guy playing Spider-- It's a whole thing.
Just go back to reading about Teddy Roosevelt

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:04 PM   #22
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I had zero desire to see ASM, and zero expectations.

It was great. Glad I went to see it. I think, in a lot of ways, it's better than the Raimi movies because it takes itself seriously, without taking itself too seriously, or not seriously enough. Whereas Raimi seemed to be all about the camp (he was making a comic book movie, whereas Webb made a movie based on a comic book) and either too serious or too silly.

I still love the first two Raimi movies, but I don't think they've aged well when compared to the Marvel-made films.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #23
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,239
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I had zero desire to see ASM, and zero expectations.

It was great. Glad I went to see it. I think, in a lot of ways, it's better than the Raimi movies because it takes itself seriously, without taking itself too seriously, or not seriously enough. Whereas Raimi seemed to be all about the camp (he was making a comic book movie, whereas Webb made a movie based on a comic book) and either too serious or too silly.

I still love the first two Raimi movies, but I don't think they've aged well when compared to the Marvel-made films.
My thoughts exactly. The film's not without it's flaws, but neither were the other films, despite growing up with them and loving them. This one comes away feeling more like the Spider-Man I know, rather than the original incarnations that Raimi was going for.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #24
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!
 
Andy C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Basement
Posts: 3,561
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

I posted a full review of the movie on my blog. I'd post the link for it, but I really don't think I'm the kind of guy who would stoop to plugging his own personal pet projects on another site. I mean, that would just be in incredibly poor taste, don't you think?

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,293
Default Re: Dungeons & Flagons 3: The Search For Spock

damn spambots

*reported*

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.