The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default X-Men: Days of Future Past Speculation

I want to speculate what the biggest X-Men film ever(Fox's description) and using cats of both first Class and original Cast could bring

20-25 Minute sequeze set In Future-Open with Sentinles walking around torn down New York.Cut to Internment camp were several of the remaining utants have collors on and you see Magneto(Ian Mckellan) just Imagne the drama of seeing her In Camp just as he was as a boy.You see Xavier(Patrick Stewert) you can have discussion how all of his efforts at wanting to prevent mutants to suffer fate his family did caused another holocaust.You can see Storm(Halle Berry) and also see graves of characters.Suddenly you see Kitty Pryde(ellen Page or recasted actress) phase Into camp with Wolverine and Colossus(recasted actor) Kitty gets to work unlocking the collors.Sentinles before long are on to Jailbreak.Colossus and Wolverine do throwball special to buy time to complete the unlocking.Once free both Magneto and Storm use powers against Sentinles.Magneto sacrifices himelf so the rest can escape.They go to ruins of mansion where Wolverine Introduces them to member of mutant Underground Forge.They have devolped plan to try to prevent this world by preventing the assassination.They need Xavier's mental powers to power It.The Sentinles soon are at the mansion.Storm,Colossus,and Kitty buy time for Forge to use Xavier's mental power to power machine to send wolverine back In time.

Rest of film

Wolverine arrives In 1963

At the mansion In crude early version of danger Beast,Banshee,and Havok are training at using their powers and working as a team.Xavier knows It Is only a matter of time before Magneto strikes

In nightclub frequented by wealthy and political elite JFK Is among them watching Emma Frost as sexy dance.Riptide Is working as bartender.Mystique In form of beautiful young waitress(You know they are likely to find a way for Jennifer Lawrence not to be In Mystique blue form her entire screen time) who gets JFK's attention.After performing Emma goes backstage and meets Azarel who teleports her to Magneto who tells him phase one of plan Is completed.

some time Is spent showing how Xavier and beast are coping

Disguised Mystique becomes JFK's Mistress

wolverine shows up at mansion.He ends up Into fight with Havok till Xavier appears.Wolverine Is surprised to see Xavier with hair.He tries to convince him he Is from future.Xavier reads his minds seeing Magneto will launch public attack which results In JFK's death,alert the general public to mutants and set In motion chain of events which will lead to holocaust and unleashing of sentinles who enslave humans as well as wiping out mutants

Xavier has Wolverine train with Beast,Havok,and Banshee as they prepare.

Wolverine dons a First Class era X-Men uniform

with Mystique's inside information.The brotherhood Is waiting when JFK arrives In Texas.Magneto makes speech.The X-Men arrive.Huge battle
between X-Men VS Brootherhood.Riptide and Angel are killed during the battle.Magneto pulls metal from wolverine.Unknown to Magneto the plan was
for Wolverine to distract him.with help from Banshee Beast Is able to get the helmet off.Xavier goes Into his mind showing him what Wolverine showed him.
Emma goes to diamond form to stop Xavier.Beast subdues Emma.Mystique morphs to true form to show JFk wo she really Is and as she she Is about to kill him Beast prevents her.Azarel teleports Mystique away.

Wolverine returns to future.They are left wondering If they made a difference.

In twist ending of film while In car shoots ring out at JFK.We see Magneto In cword controlling the bullets flow so JFK Is killed.Despite It all JFK Is still killed by Magneto just the circumstences changed.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:49 AM   #2
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Default Re: X-Men:Days of future Past Speculation

Interesting. Some of that I'd like to see.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #3
def28
Side-Kick

Some solid ideas marvelrobbins. For me, ever since Vaughn mentioned the JFK thing I havnt been fond of the idea. There are zero circumstances where I would believe the audience would buy into his assassination being stopped after being killed by a fictional character. We all know an assassination by someone would happen regardless. In order to get an alt future using JFK I think it would have to be a future where he was never shot , not a future where he is shot. We live in that world. Or they would really have to show the difference of why his death would result in an alt future if by the hands of a Mutant instead of a human.

Not too fond on using a real Presidents death as the driving point of the movie either. I would rather they use a fictional figure while JFK still plays a part of the background if they choose the movie to happen that soon to FC. If they use his assassination I think thats only about a year from FC and the Cuban missile crisis. Im expecting it to take place a few years later after FC.

Hope they dive into the politics of the general publics awareness of mutants. That should be a big moment and a driving force for Mags. Really curious on how this will all work and what they are doing.

Last edited by def28; 08-06-2012 at 07:47 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

A large part of this was to show how wolverine as time traveler could work.And they could use Magneto taking the metal out from fatal attraction storyline.

With the JFK assassination If used In film I think It will be used as event they are trying to stop.Now they may go with a fictonal politican to fill that role.But,It's very possable to go and say the timeline the future X-Men are trying to change were set In motion by mutants being revealed to public through attack of brotherhood that resulted In JFK's death.It started hysteria about mutants.Because of thee vents of this film the attack Is thrawerted.Mutants become exposed to public but not blamed for JFK'S assination although an ending which matches what Vaughn earlier said happens.

One obvious way to give Jennifer Lawrence screentime outside of blue makeup Is to get attention and get close to target of assassination which could be JFK or fictional politican.I think we can agree she could turn guy's head.And that as well as January Jones as sexy dancer which help the bond elements which I am sure as long as they are In 60's will still be around.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #5
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
A large part of this was to show how wolverine as time traveler could work.And they could use Magneto taking the metal out from fatal attraction storyline.
That Fatal Attractions moment would be awesome!
Quote:
With the JFK assassination If used In film I think It will be used as event they are trying to stop.Now they may go with a fictonal politican to fill that role.But,It's very possable to go and say the timeline the future X-Men are trying to change were set In motion by mutants being revealed to public through attack of brotherhood that resulted In JFK's death.It started hysteria about mutants.Because of thee vents of this film the attack Is thrawerted.Mutants become exposed to public but not blamed for JFK'S assination although an ending which matches what Vaughn earlier said happens.
Yeah, Im just not sold on the JFK thing. I dont see how that would change the future since its an event that happens in normal history. There would have to be something else added.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post

Yeah, Im just not sold on the JFK thing. I dont see how that would change the future since its an event that happens in normal history. There would have to be something else added.
Agreed.

We also, should they show the X1 -X3 continuity, need an explanation of the alternate past displayed in XM:FC

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
muscaremy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post

I think you're over thinking it. To me anyway it just seems the reason is the fact that he's killed by a mutant is the catalyst. That's the problem, yea he's still dead but not by some regular joe

muscaremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:05 PM   #8
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscaremy View Post
I think you're over thinking it. To me anyway it just seems the reason is the fact that he's killed by a mutant is the catalyst. That's the problem, yea he's still dead but not by some regular joe
As long as they would explain the difference between a human shooting him and a mutant I guess I could be cool with it. Was just thinking that if they pass a Sentinel act to eradicate mutants because they believe a mutant killed JFK (with powers not a gun) and they now find them a huge threat to the world,that could work. As long as its for a better story and not using actual historic events as a schtick Ill be cool with it. I just dont see the point on why it needs to be him. Better to use somone who was not killed in normal history, Prof X or a character we havnt seen imo. Creating a radical change in history should differ from our normal history as much as possible. Usually if its a death that alters history in a time travel piece, the target was originally never supposed to be shot, or survived and was supposed to be killed.

Last edited by def28; 08-16-2012 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Do you think they're going to have Magneto in a wheelchair in the movie? The irony of that would be great. Well it's not technically irony...but you know what I mean. Prof X being in one...then Magneto...would be cool to see. Except they cast Ian McKellan who's already old to begin with in X 1,2, and 3. How could he possibly be alive in the future sequences of the DofP movie?

Old 08-06-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
Do you think they're going to have Magneto in a wheelchair in the movie? The irony of that would be great. Well it's not technically irony...but you know what I mean. Prof X being in one...then Magneto...would be cool to see. Except they cast Ian McKellan who's already old to begin with in X 1,2, and 3. How could he possibly be alive in the future sequences of the DofP movie?
its been over 10 years since the first movie an he's still alive an kickin

unless you expect a future sequence to be like 20-30 years into the future

but, people live a lot longer these days... an if its set in the future people well probably be able to live even longer

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #11
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It will most likely set set 10 years after whenever X-Men/X2 or first trilogy took place.

I don't think Magneto will be In wheelchair.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #12
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I wonder how "alternate" the potential future sequences will be. I guess it's logical to go with characters who survived the original trilogy to avoid added confusion, but the prospect of seeing Cyclops, Wolverine, Jean, Storm etc all fighting Sentinels in the future would be too exciting to pass up if I had any say.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #13
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

EDIT wrong messageboard

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #14
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

In terms of the JFK murder, I'd rather see it in a way where perhaps the alternate future is cause by him not dying and mutant intervention saves him but also leads to further anti-mutant sentiment.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:55 AM   #15
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
In terms of the JFK murder, I'd rather see it in a way where perhaps the alternate future is cause by him not dying and mutant intervention saves him but also leads to further anti-mutant sentiment.
Yeah, thats the only way I can really see it working. There would have to be a significant change in his fate in order to have the Alt future.

Last edited by def28; 08-07-2012 at 02:36 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #16
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Interesting. Can't wait to find out which route to take. I almost want two movies because there's so many possibilities. If done right this could be an amazing film.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #17
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Interesting. Can't wait to find out which route to take. I almost want two movies because there's so many possibilities. If done right this could be an amazing film.
I think it may very well be two movies at least. Singer was quoted saying he wants to go big like the Avengers.
I really would like them to emphasize the forbidden breeding in the future. The type of human that carries the mutant gene are forbidden to breed, the ones without the gene are good to go. And of course, mutants are to be terminated and/or encamped. It's hyper realistic and scary.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #18
def28
Side-Kick

They really need to show societies impact on discovering Mutants for the first time. That along with the Future incarceration of Mutants should make for a strong dark film.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I really hope they don't use JFK's assassination in the movie. Its a touchy subject and I don't want this movie to get some controversy if they reenact that situation.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #20
CLFilms
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I really hope they don't use JFK's assassination in the movie. Its a touchy subject and I don't want this movie to get some controversy if they reenact that situation.
How is the JFK assassination touchy? Not judging. Just curious...

CLFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #21
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Ridiculous statement. There's been countless JFK movies since that event and no controversy would arise.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #22
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
Ridiculous statement. There's been countless JFK movies since that event and no controversy would arise.
Some of those films did actually cause a problem, others not so much. Def depends how they would do it.

I just dont see the point in doing it. With this story line it doesnt seem right to use real moments in history to create an Alt Future. I guess I can see them using his death in some manner, but not as the Alt future changing moment. The moment should be a big change in history not similar.

Last edited by def28; 08-09-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 PM   #23
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

There are all the conspiracy theories as to what what really happened, and those could resurface, taking attention away from the movie. I could also see some members of the tin foil hat club saying that mutants really were behind the assassination, as well as some political extremist nut jobs saying the movie is propaganda. I'm not saying that this could happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #24
AvengeME
Banned User

Don't show the car and the secret service agent and Jackie. Just show Magneto from a far at the scene exactly like Watchmen handled it. We have seen that scene one too many times.

AvengeME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #25
M-2
Ultimate BAMF

I think it would be cool if they used JFK's assassination as part of the plot, it just has to be done right... Watchmen did it quite cool...

The only way this could work, would be for something else to occur as well, so that after the events of the film, they left at a point in time where there future will take them in a whole new direction, and not necessarily become the same future of the original trilogy... So kind of making it like the Star Trek film, so that moving forward Singer/Vaughn can tell new stories without worrying about the continuity of the series...

M-2 is offline   Reply With Quote