The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #3
SuperDan89
New User - Level 0
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
Losing because it deserves to.
For emotional, social and personal impact, it's the best CBM of 2012 by MILES.

SuperDan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
LostSon88
Side-Kick
 
LostSon88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BAY AREA!!!!
Posts: 8,317
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
Losing because it deserves to.
You've been treading that fine line for a few days now but that comment seals it.

You're a troll.

So because YOU were disappointed it deserves to fail? Please.

As you yourself stated, those who love the film and enjoyed it far outweigh those of you that didn't. No need to be bitter about it and wish the film to do poorly because it didn't meet your expectations. Whether it be box office or simple fan polls.

To wish it to 'lose' because you didn't like it is...petty.

LostSon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
UaalaDan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 724
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
You've been treading that fine line for a few days now but that comment seals it.

You're a troll.

So because YOU were disappointed it deserves to fail? Please.

As you yourself stated, those who love the film and enjoyed it far outweigh those of you that didn't. No need to be bitter about it and wish the film to do poorly because it didn't meet your expectations. Whether it be box office or simple fan polls.

To wish it to 'lose' because you didn't like it is...petty.
So I am a troll because I find an enormous amount of flaws in this movie? LOL Give me a break dude.

I still give this movie a 7.

ps: I`m way more of a DC fan than a Marvel one.

Superman is my favorite character, probably like you.

UaalaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #6
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSon88 View Post
You've been treading that fine line for a few days now but that comment seals it.

You're a troll.

So because YOU were disappointed it deserves to fail? Please.

As you yourself stated, those who love the film and enjoyed it far outweigh those of you that didn't. No need to be bitter about it and wish the film to do poorly because it didn't meet your expectations. Whether it be box office or simple fan polls.

To wish it to 'lose' because you didn't like it is...petty.
LOL, see I knew I wasn't the only one lol. I skip a day and I come back to fine someone else suspicious of your troll ways lol.

UaalaDa...where you come from lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
I don't wish it to loose. I said it deserved to because Avengers is a thousand times better.
Both movies were good and both movies had flaws. Both movies served different purposes and provided different ways of entertaining. I think both were a tie, because they both did different things to be entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
So I am a troll because I find an enormous amount of flaws in this movie? LOL Give me a break dude.

I still give this movie a 7.

ps: I`m way more of a DC fan than a Marvel one.

Superman is my favorite character, probably like you.
Superman? I like Superman, but to say he is a great character as powerful as he is meh. I never liked Superman because I always knew he would win in a fist fight and could only take so much of him being outsmarted lol.

TDKR is way better than just a 7/10 You basically gave the movie a D rating. Yeah, dude you're trolling lol.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
UaalaDan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 724
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

I don't wish it to loose. I said it deserved to because Avengers is a thousand times better.

UaalaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #8
shallbecomeabat
Yes, father...
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 406
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
I don't wish it to loose. I said it deserved to because Avengers is a thousand times better.
Matter of opinion. Man, you really start to annoy the crap out of me with all your negativity. We all get you didn't liked it. You don't have to be a ***** about it. And again with the Avengers thing. At least try some new material, man. Boring.
I still loved it, think its the best out of the three and the best comic book movie in general. GO RISES!

shallbecomeabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #9
Reikowolf
Hyperphotonic
 
Reikowolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,340
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallbecomeabat View Post
Matter of opinion. Man, you really start to annoy the crap out of me with all your negativity. We all get you didn't liked it. You don't have to be a ***** about it. And again with the Avengers thing. At least try some new material, man. Boring.
I still loved it, think its the best out of the three and the best comic book movie in general. GO RISES!
haha.

I had a pool going this summer for top grossing summer movie.

I had no doubt Avengers would take it. I knew TDKR would be the better movie though.

I don't think it's fair to compare the two, I loved Avengers; but I also loved TDKR. There's def. room to like both in very different ways and even in some of the same ways.

__________________
www.arkhamrising.com - Batman Fan Film taking place during The Dark Knight Rises

see it now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk_Lj8ty2tA

@hyperphotonic
Reikowolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #10
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

I think both of you are getting a little hotter than you need to be.

__________________
It's like a non-consecutive 24-hour dance party.
CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:39 PM   #11
UaalaDan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 724
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

^Captain Marvel is a rip-off Superman....

UaalaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM   #12
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I think both of you are getting a little hotter than you need to be.
Naw, I'm pretty cool that's why I'm putting 'lol' after everything because I'm kidding for the most part. However, when I saw this^^, my attitude changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UaalaDan View Post
^Captain Marvel is a rip-off Superman....
Captain Marvel would hand Superman his breakfast. Captain Marvel matches Superman and he is only a kid. Just think what he would do if he was an adult. Not only could be beat Superman physically he could outsmart him with the wisdom of Solomon.

Quit trolling lol.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #13
UaalaDan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 724
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Didn't seem like a match in Kingdom Come. He clearly lost the fight. And he wasn't a kid.

Superman just didn't crush his skull with his hand because....he's that good.

But hey, I love Captain Marvel. Wish WB would make a movie about him. It's about time. But Superman is that dad of all superheroes. No match. None would exist if it wasnt for him. NONE. So, show a little more respect.

Oh and btw...we're cool.


Last edited by UaalaDan; 07-24-2012 at 09:07 PM.
UaalaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:22 PM   #14
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Batman would exist. And Batman would kick his butt! lol
Detective Comics came out what 1-2 years after Action Comics. Batman rules, that's why he has more movies, and more cartoons.

As far as Kingdom Come. I've seen Marvel win a few fights myself, if I recall correctly.

Superman is the poster boy so of course they will find a way for him to win. I like Superman. I'm a fan when he is done right and not overly powered and super unstoppable all the time. But Capt. Marvel is a boss. He only came out a year after Superman

Oh and he is super powered wherever he goes. Superman can't do anything without a yellow sun lol.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #15
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Bump that lol Black Adam would own superman. Didn't he take on the whole JL basically. Black Adam is more powerful than them both IMO...or should be.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
UaalaDan
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 724
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Captain Marvel surely deserves more recognition and a movie. Even a new TV series and cartoon.

UaalaDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #17
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

This is the first thing I'm agreeing with you on lol.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #18
GalleryOfRogues
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 136
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

It's foolish to try and say whether Avengers or TDKR are a better film. They are both excellent, 5/5 IMHO.

Avenger's captures a much larger idea of the superhero - it's essentially about mankind thrusting itself into a new era of prosperity, where we have to band together and realize our greatest strengths to defeat powerful enemies we have never and could never have imagined before.

TDKR is a realistic, character piece about a man who sacrifices everything for the people around him and overcoming his own personal, mental anguish while defeating forces of HUMANITY which threaten to break society at it's core.

Both are incredible movies with incredible takes on what it means to be a superhero. They are both near perfect films, but very different in approach. When you say one is better than the other, you are not looking at the movies objectively. You are expressing opinion. Don't express opinion as fact: that is bothersome to many.

Of course, all of this is just my humble opinion. Some people may not be able to see in these movies what I have, so they will mean different things to different people.

GalleryOfRogues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:44 PM   #19
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Thumbs up Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleryOfRogues View Post
It's foolish to try and say whether Avengers or TDKR are a better film. They are both excellent, 5/5 IMHO.

Avenger's captures a much larger idea of the superhero - it's essentially about mankind thrusting itself into a new era of prosperity, where we have to band together and realize our greatest strengths to defeat powerful enemies we have never and could never have imagined before.

TDKR is a realistic, character piece about a man who sacrifices everything for the people around him and overcoming his own personal, mental anguish while defeating forces of HUMANITY which threaten to break society at it's core.

Both are incredible movies with incredible takes on what it means to be a superhero. They are both near perfect films, but very different in approach. When you say one is better than the other, you are not looking at the movies objectively. You are expressing opinion. Don't express opinion as fact: that is bothersome to many.

Of course, all of this is just my humble opinion. Some people may not be able to see in these movies what I have, so they will mean different things to different people.

Nice post Newbie!

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #20
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleryOfRogues View Post
It's foolish to try and say whether Avengers or TDKR are a better film. They are both excellent, 5/5 IMHO.

Avenger's captures a much larger idea of the superhero - it's essentially about mankind thrusting itself into a new era of prosperity, where we have to band together and realize our greatest strengths to defeat powerful enemies we have never and could never have imagined before.

TDKR is a realistic, character piece about a man who sacrifices everything for the people around him and overcoming his own personal, mental anguish while defeating forces of HUMANITY which threaten to break society at it's core.

Both are incredible movies with incredible takes on what it means to be a superhero. They are both near perfect films, but very different in approach. When you say one is better than the other, you are not looking at the movies objectively. You are expressing opinion. Don't express opinion as fact: that is bothersome to many.

Of course, all of this is just my humble opinion. Some people may not be able to see in these movies what I have, so they will mean different things to different people.
I agree completely.

TDKR actually made me appreciate TA even more due to the complimentary contrast it creates.

__________________
It's like a non-consecutive 24-hour dance party.
CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:45 PM   #21
cloverfan98
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 323
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I agree completely.

TDKR actually made me appreciate TA even more due to the complimentary contrast it creates.
I left TDKR with several questions and problems where as I didn't have the same problem with Avengers so Avengers ranks higher for me, but not my that much. TDKR is easily the second best film of the summer for me personally. I want to go see it again!

cloverfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #22
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...
 
Themanofbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: With your Mom in Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 39,388
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleryOfRogues View Post
It's foolish to try and say whether Avengers or TDKR are a better film. They are both excellent, 5/5 IMHO.

Avenger's captures a much larger idea of the superhero - it's essentially about mankind thrusting itself into a new era of prosperity, where we have to band together and realize our greatest strengths to defeat powerful enemies we have never and could never have imagined before.

TDKR is a realistic, character piece about a man who sacrifices everything for the people around him and overcoming his own personal, mental anguish while defeating forces of HUMANITY which threaten to break society at it's core.

Both are incredible movies with incredible takes on what it means to be a superhero. They are both near perfect films, but very different in approach. When you say one is better than the other, you are not looking at the movies objectively. You are expressing opinion. Don't express opinion as fact: that is bothersome to many.

Of course, all of this is just my humble opinion. Some people may not be able to see in these movies what I have, so they will mean different things to different people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I agree completely.

TDKR actually made me appreciate TA even more due to the complimentary contrast it creates.
I just saw TDKR today... it's an excellent film to an excellent trilogy.

I probably enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the Avengers...

I liked BOTH movies a LOT... for completely different reasons....

The incessant bickering between the two factions are ridiculous... I'm just happy that I can finally watch movies based on characters that I have loved since the early 70's that are neither campy nor stupid... and I'm going to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts...


__________________
Alea Jacta Est

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:54 PM   #23
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Thumbs up Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
I just saw TDKR today... it's an excellent film to an excellent trilogy.

I probably enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed the Avengers...

I liked BOTH movies a LOT... for completely different reasons....

The incessant bickering between the two factions are ridiculous... I'm just happy that I can finally watch movies based on characters that I have loved since the early 70's that are neither campy nor stupid... and I'm going to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts...

Here here

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #24
rogue trooper
Side-Kick
 
rogue trooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,525
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

I was very much convinced Miranda would be the one for Bruce, until......

I also just want to say that Denny O'Neill at one point stated that if Batman were to retire, he would start a life with Talia.

rogue trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #25
GalleryOfRogues
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 136
Default Re: TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk) - Part 5

Anyone think that it's possible this story is a lie...

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/201...an-easter-egg/

and that the R was planted in the crowd and selected for the trailer purposefully?

GalleryOfRogues is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.