The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!
 
The_Mighty_Thor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Beantown.
Posts: 6,742
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I love it. A few seasons back Loki was on a few episodes :D
So was Odin

__________________
MY GOD CARRIES A HAMMER, YOURS WAS NAILED TO A CROSS! ANY QUESTIONS?
The_Mighty_Thor is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

I had made a comment, before the thread break, about how if the Asgardians don't have the Bifrost repaired by the time of Thor2, it will look rather bad on Asgard.

Vartha replied (sorry, I can't seem to be able to quote it properly):

"Well I was thinking about that the other night. Makes me really wonder if these Asgardians even built the Bridge in the first place and Asgard is just another trophie of Odin's."

Exactly! If you can't maintain it, can you really count it as "your" technology?

Or maybe it was built so long ago that they have forgotten all their civil engineering. (Which would imply they're kind of stagnating.)

American Maid is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 7,964
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I had made a comment, before the thread break, about how if the Asgardians don't have the Bifrost repaired by the time of Thor2, it will look rather bad on Asgard.

Vartha replied (sorry, I can't seem to be able to quote it properly):

"Well I was thinking about that the other night. Makes me really wonder if these Asgardians even built the Bridge in the first place and Asgard is just another trophie of Odin's."

Exactly! If you can't maintain it, can you really count it as "your" technology?

Or maybe it was built so long ago that they have forgotten all their civil engineering. (Which would imply they're kind of stagnating.)
It makes Asgard look bad?


Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,121
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I had made a comment, before the thread break, about how if the Asgardians don't have the Bifrost repaired by the time of Thor2, it will look rather bad on Asgard.

Vartha replied (sorry, I can't seem to be able to quote it properly):

"Well I was thinking about that the other night. Makes me really wonder if these Asgardians even built the Bridge in the first place and Asgard is just another trophie of Odin's."

Exactly! If you can't maintain it, can you really count it as "your" technology?

Or maybe it was built so long ago that they have forgotten all their civil engineering. (Which would imply they're kind of stagnating.)

There are other possible explanations for Odin's difficulty in repairing the Bifrost. Perhaps it is such a monumental undertaking that it's going to take a long time to complete the project. The explosion at the end of Thor was massive and completely destroyed the Bifrost. The machinery of the Bifrost is obviously very sophisticated, so it's reasonable to assume that it would take a while to rebuild or fabricate from scratch, even with Odin's resources.


Consider the amount of resources, technical expertise, time and money it took to build the Large Hadron Collider/CERN facility. Now imagine how long it would take to rebuild the LHC/CERN if, perchance, it were to be blown up. That's the sort of task facing Odin and the Asgardians with regards to the Bifrost, in my view.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
There are other possible explanations for Odin's difficulty in repairing the Bifrost. Perhaps it is such a monumental undertaking that it's going to take a long time to complete the project. The explosion at the end of Thor was massive and completely destroyed the Bifrost. The machinery of the Bifrost is obviously very sophisticated, so it's reasonable to assume that it would take a while to rebuild or fabricate from scratch, even with Odin's resources.


Consider the amount of resources, technical expertise, time and money it took to build the Large Hadron Collider/CERN facility. Now imagine how long it would take to rebuild the LHC/CERN if, perchance, it were to be blown up. That's the sort of task facing Odin and the Asgardians with regards to the Bifrost, in my view.
That's a fair point. Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, or. . . something like that

We Midgardians apparently required 10 years to build the Large Hadron Collider. So if that's a benchmark, after only 2.5 years, it may not even look like they've made progress on a rebuild.

American Maid is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,088
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
There are other possible explanations for Odin's difficulty in repairing the Bifrost. Perhaps it is such a monumental undertaking that it's going to take a long time to complete the project. The explosion at the end of Thor was massive and completely destroyed the Bifrost. The machinery of the Bifrost is obviously very sophisticated, so it's reasonable to assume that it would take a while to rebuild or fabricate from scratch, even with Odin's resources.


Consider the amount of resources, technical expertise, time and money it took to build the Large Hadron Collider/CERN facility. Now imagine how long it would take to rebuild the LHC/CERN if, perchance, it were to be blown up. That's the sort of task facing Odin and the Asgardians with regards to the Bifrost, in my view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
That's a fair point. Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, or. . . something like that

We Midgardians apparently required 10 years to build the Large Hadron Collider. So if that's a benchmark, after only 2.5 years, it may not even look like they've made progress on a rebuild.
I remember on how Kevin Feige mentioned on how Thor destroying the bridge back in his solo film had consequences for the nine realms, implying that since Asgard was no longer able to travel as freely to the other realms, they weren't able to maintain the order.

I wonder though, if word got out on how Loki tried to destroy the Frost Giants planet by using the Frost Bridge, wouldn't that make every other realm very weary of the Asgardians, let alone them building another machine like that. Sure, Odin would have no intentions of using the Bi-Frost like that, but would everyone else think so? By all accounts the Bi Frost is like a way of maintaining somewhat of a militaristic order on everyone; almost like Odin's "death star" if you will.lol

herolee10 is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I remember on how Kevin Feige mentioned on how Thor destroying the bridge back in his solo film had consequences for the nine realms, implying that since Asgard was no longer able to travel as freely to the other realms, they weren't able to maintain the order.

I wonder though, if word got out on how Loki tried to destroy the Frost Giants planet by using the Frost Bridge, wouldn't that make every other realm very weary of the Asgardians, let alone them building another machine like that. Sure, Odin would have no intentions of using the Bi-Frost like that, but would everyone else think so? By all accounts the Bi Frost is like a way of maintaining somewhat of a militaristic order on everyone; almost like Odin's "death star" if you will.lol
Fear will keep the realms in line.

Seriously, though, you make a good point. I hadn't thought about that from that point of view! That would certainly put a different twist on things, if the other realms were actively trying to keep the bridge from getting repaired. And would they regard the Midgardians' efforts to help the Asgardians as a threat?

In any event, I hope in the rebuild they put in a circuit breaker so you can't destroy a destination with an overload like with the previous bridge!!

American Maid is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity
 
Moridin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,357
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
There are other possible explanations for Odin's difficulty in repairing the Bifrost. Perhaps it is such a monumental undertaking that it's going to take a long time to complete the project. The explosion at the end of Thor was massive and completely destroyed the Bifrost. The machinery of the Bifrost is obviously very sophisticated, so it's reasonable to assume that it would take a while to rebuild or fabricate from scratch, even with Odin's resources.


Consider the amount of resources, technical expertise, time and money it took to build the Large Hadron Collider/CERN facility. Now imagine how long it would take to rebuild the LHC/CERN if, perchance, it were to be blown up. That's the sort of task facing Odin and the Asgardians with regards to the Bifrost, in my view.
Exactly. They might also need very rare materials to build a bifrost and a tremendous amount of power to put it together & start it up, maybe more power than they have at the moment.

__________________
Lightning struck down twice...
Stones thrown rooftop high...

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Moridin is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 4,883
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

A shiny new thread? Nice!

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is offline  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,051
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam
I can dream, can't I?
Yes you sure can, we all can dream.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick
 
marvel_freshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

The crew were spotted in Iceland. Nothing fancy tho...yet
Also, it seems SIF may have been written out of the scenes, according to the source of this pic

__________________
"I Still Believe In Heroes" - Nick Fury
marvel_freshman is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #14
Dakins
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 23
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
The crew were spotted in Iceland. Nothing fancy tho...yet
Also, it seems SIF may have been written out of the scenes, according to the source of this pic
Sorry; I know I'm super late to the party. Could you tell me what SIF is? I can't think of what it could mean.

Dakins is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
Sorry; I know I'm super late to the party. Could you tell me what SIF is? I can't think of what it could mean.
Dude....Sif..Lady Sif....he just capitalized all the letters in her name. Come on now lol

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 17,469
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
Sorry; I know I'm super late to the party. Could you tell me what SIF is? I can't think of what it could mean.

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick
 
marvel_freshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Seems there will definitely be some action in London. They've been filming extras "running for their lives" all morning in Greenwich. And nearby, they've also filmed a large bus and cars crashing. It's said that explosions will come later this week, along with some actors


__________________
"I Still Believe In Heroes" - Nick Fury

Last edited by marvel_freshman; 10-21-2012 at 09:59 AM.
marvel_freshman is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,819
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
And nearby, they've also filmed a large bus and cars crashing. It's said that explosions will come later this week, along with some actors
Perhaps Darcy is in said bus.

Duran Man is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #19
huzzah
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 608
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Seems there will definitely be some action in London. They've been filming extras "running for their lives" all morning in Greenwich. And nearby, they've also filmed a large bus and cars crashing. It's said that explosions will come later this week, along with some actors
I wont be too far from Greenwich so may take a peek.

huzzah is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,881
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
Sorry; I know I'm super late to the party. Could you tell me what SIF is? I can't think of what it could mean.
Well in the FILM so far Sif is just a Friend of Thor's.
In COMICS the two are a bit more than that and Jane Foster is only Blake's girlfriend.
In MYTH both Thor and Sif are married. It's Sif's 2nd marriage and already had a son by the 1st (god of Skiing), and BOTH Thor and Sif are fertility gods.

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
BoredGuy
Killing Time
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the future past
Posts: 2,809
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

That's unfortunate
Hope too much of Jaime's role doesn't get cut due to her injury
Well, as long as the Warrior's Three pick up the slack I suppose...

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .777 SONY- .500 WB- .357 FOX- .333
BoredGuy is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #22
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick
 
marvel_freshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Official Synopsis:

Quote:
Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World” continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s “Thor” and “Marvel’s The Avengers,” Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos…but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, “Thor: The Dark World” is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel’s classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book “Journey into Mystery” #83 in August, 1962.

“Thor: The Dark World” is presented by Marvel Studios. The executive producers are Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Victoria Alonso, Craig Kyle and Nigel Gostelow. The film releases November 8, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

__________________
"I Still Believe In Heroes" - Nick Fury
marvel_freshman is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #23
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 23,650
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Official Synopsis:
Sounds great, this is the first direct sequel Marvel has done since IM2, I hope they have learnt their lesson and this sequel can actually improve on the original, which I found amazing.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #24
herolee10
Ultimate Hero
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,088
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Official Synopsis:
Gotta love on how the stakes are so high for Thor to face in this film, let alone how Thor is charged with the task with not just saving Earth but the entire cosmos as the synopsis worded it.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #25
itchyscratch
Side-Kick
 
itchyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 672
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Huzzah! Bring it on!

Shame about Sif though. I was looking forward to seeing how she reacts to Jane turning up. So I hope they still find a way to give her relevant scenes in the movie.

itchyscratch is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.