The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
The_Mighty_Thor
Stay thy hand troll!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I love it. A few seasons back Loki was on a few episodes :D
So was Odin

Old 10-11-2012, 03:02 PM   #4
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

I had made a comment, before the thread break, about how if the Asgardians don't have the Bifrost repaired by the time of Thor2, it will look rather bad on Asgard.

Vartha replied (sorry, I can't seem to be able to quote it properly):

"Well I was thinking about that the other night. Makes me really wonder if these Asgardians even built the Bridge in the first place and Asgard is just another trophie of Odin's."

Exactly! If you can't maintain it, can you really count it as "your" technology?

Or maybe it was built so long ago that they have forgotten all their civil engineering. (Which would imply they're kind of stagnating.)

Old 10-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #5
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I had made a comment, before the thread break, about how if the Asgardians don't have the Bifrost repaired by the time of Thor2, it will look rather bad on Asgard.

"Well I was thinking about that the other night. Makes me really wonder if these Asgardians even built the Bridge in the first place and Asgard is just another trophie of Odin's."

Exactly! If you can't maintain it, can you really count it as "your" technology?

Or maybe it was built so long ago that they have forgotten all their civil engineering. (Which would imply they're kind of stagnating.)
It makes Asgard look bad?

Old 10-11-2012, 05:07 PM   #6
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

There are other possible explanations for Odin's difficulty in repairing the Bifrost. Perhaps it is such a monumental undertaking that it's going to take a long time to complete the project. The explosion at the end of Thor was massive and completely destroyed the Bifrost. The machinery of the Bifrost is obviously very sophisticated, so it's reasonable to assume that it would take a while to rebuild or fabricate from scratch, even with Odin's resources.

Consider the amount of resources, technical expertise, time and money it took to build the Large Hadron Collider/CERN facility. Now imagine how long it would take to rebuild the LHC/CERN if, perchance, it were to be blown up. That's the sort of task facing Odin and the Asgardians with regards to the Bifrost, in my view.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
There are other possible explanations for Odin's difficulty in repairing the Bifrost. Perhaps it is such a monumental undertaking that it's going to take a long time to complete the project. The explosion at the end of Thor was massive and completely destroyed the Bifrost. The machinery of the Bifrost is obviously very sophisticated, so it's reasonable to assume that it would take a while to rebuild or fabricate from scratch, even with Odin's resources.

Consider the amount of resources, technical expertise, time and money it took to build the Large Hadron Collider/CERN facility. Now imagine how long it would take to rebuild the LHC/CERN if, perchance, it were to be blown up. That's the sort of task facing Odin and the Asgardians with regards to the Bifrost, in my view.
That's a fair point. Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, or. . . something like that

We Midgardians apparently required 10 years to build the Large Hadron Collider. So if that's a benchmark, after only 2.5 years, it may not even look like they've made progress on a rebuild.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:

Quote:
That's a fair point. Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, or. . . something like that

We Midgardians apparently required 10 years to build the Large Hadron Collider. So if that's a benchmark, after only 2.5 years, it may not even look like they've made progress on a rebuild.
I remember on how Kevin Feige mentioned on how Thor destroying the bridge back in his solo film had consequences for the nine realms, implying that since Asgard was no longer able to travel as freely to the other realms, they weren't able to maintain the order.

I wonder though, if word got out on how Loki tried to destroy the Frost Giants planet by using the Frost Bridge, wouldn't that make every other realm very weary of the Asgardians, let alone them building another machine like that. Sure, Odin would have no intentions of using the Bi-Frost like that, but would everyone else think so? By all accounts the Bi Frost is like a way of maintaining somewhat of a militaristic order on everyone; almost like Odin's "death star" if you will.lol

Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I remember on how Kevin Feige mentioned on how Thor destroying the bridge back in his solo film had consequences for the nine realms, implying that since Asgard was no longer able to travel as freely to the other realms, they weren't able to maintain the order.

I wonder though, if word got out on how Loki tried to destroy the Frost Giants planet by using the Frost Bridge, wouldn't that make every other realm very weary of the Asgardians, let alone them building another machine like that. Sure, Odin would have no intentions of using the Bi-Frost like that, but would everyone else think so? By all accounts the Bi Frost is like a way of maintaining somewhat of a militaristic order on everyone; almost like Odin's "death star" if you will.lol
Fear will keep the realms in line.

Seriously, though, you make a good point. I hadn't thought about that from that point of view! That would certainly put a different twist on things, if the other realms were actively trying to keep the bridge from getting repaired. And would they regard the Midgardians' efforts to help the Asgardians as a threat?

In any event, I hope in the rebuild they put in a circuit breaker so you can't destroy a destination with an overload like with the previous bridge!!

Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #10
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:

Exactly. They might also need very rare materials to build a bifrost and a tremendous amount of power to put it together & start it up, maybe more power than they have at the moment.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 10-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #11
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

A shiny new thread? Nice!

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam
I can dream, can't I?
Yes you sure can, we all can dream.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-12-2012, 12:42 PM   #13
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

The crew were spotted in Iceland. Nothing fancy tho...yet
Also, it seems SIF may have been written out of the scenes, according to the source of this pic

Old 10-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #14
Dakins
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
The crew were spotted in Iceland. Nothing fancy tho...yet
Also, it seems SIF may have been written out of the scenes, according to the source of this pic
Sorry; I know I'm super late to the party. Could you tell me what SIF is? I can't think of what it could mean.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakins View Post
Sorry; I know I'm super late to the party. Could you tell me what SIF is? I can't think of what it could mean.
Dude....Sif..Lady Sif....he just capitalized all the letters in her name. Come on now lol

Old 10-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Seems there will definitely be some action in London. They've been filming extras "running for their lives" all morning in Greenwich. And nearby, they've also filmed a large bus and cars crashing. It's said that explosions will come later this week, along with some actors

Last edited by marvel_freshman; 10-21-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:00 AM   #18
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
And nearby, they've also filmed a large bus and cars crashing. It's said that explosions will come later this week, along with some actors
Perhaps Darcy is in said bus.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #19
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Seems there will definitely be some action in London. They've been filming extras "running for their lives" all morning in Greenwich. And nearby, they've also filmed a large bus and cars crashing. It's said that explosions will come later this week, along with some actors
I wont be too far from Greenwich so may take a peek.

Old 10-21-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Well in the FILM so far Sif is just a Friend of Thor's.
In COMICS the two are a bit more than that and Jane Foster is only Blake's girlfriend.
In MYTH both Thor and Sif are married. It's Sif's 2nd marriage and already had a son by the 1st (god of Skiing), and BOTH Thor and Sif are fertility gods.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 10-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
BoredGuy
Killing Time

That's unfortunate
Hope too much of Jaime's role doesn't get cut due to her injury
Well, as long as the Warrior's Three pick up the slack I suppose...

Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #22
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Official Synopsis:

Quote:
Marvel’s “Thor: The Dark World” continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s “Thor” and “Marvel’s The Avengers,” Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos…but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, “Thor: The Dark World” is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel’s classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book “Journey into Mystery” #83 in August, 1962.

“Thor: The Dark World” is presented by Marvel Studios. The executive producers are Louis D’Esposito, Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Victoria Alonso, Craig Kyle and Nigel Gostelow. The film releases November 8, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 PM   #23
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Official Synopsis:
Sounds great, this is the first direct sequel Marvel has done since IM2, I hope they have learnt their lesson and this sequel can actually improve on the original, which I found amazing.

1)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(2)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(3)The Lego Movie-7.5(4)Robocop-7.5(5)300:Rise Of An Empire-7
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #24
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Official Synopsis:
Gotta love on how the stakes are so high for Thor to face in this film, let alone how Thor is charged with the task with not just saving Earth but the entire cosmos as the synopsis worded it.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #25
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
Huzzah! Bring it on!

Shame about Sif though. I was looking forward to seeing how she reacts to Jane turning up. So I hope they still find a way to give her relevant scenes in the movie.

Closed Thread