The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Old 09-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #1
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default The Aronofsky Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes, that is a point, though they can't just have entirely standalone films if they want to create a coherent franchise.
I'd take Aronofsky's one-off any day of the week over a DOFP tie-in.

BUT...Since I think Darren's story is history, I'll make the best out of what we're getting - which is hopefully a tie-in to DOFP.

Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #2
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Aronofsky Draft

By the way, just because we have a new thread for this...insufferable attitudes and insults will still not be tolerated. Let's keep this as a discussion and not a platform for blasting those who we do not agree with.

Thank you.

Old 10-20-2012, 01:48 PM   #3
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Truthfully, I'm not surprised people can't handle some realism in CBMs. Specially after 10 years of restrained adaptations that turned Wolverine into a pseudo-Captain America when in reality he's the very definition of the anti-hero.
It doesnt mean people cant handle realism though or even the subject matter. Look at all the themes of sex and violence in Sincity and Watchmen. Tons of people watch those two and love the hell out of them. I think everyone on this board wants a more berserker animal infused Wolverine to be shown with this flick. That scene described and in question is in no way gonna be universally welcomed, especially if no one knows the full context of the script. All it sounds like is a scene of graphic sex and violence. Could it work? Sure, but scenes like that will be uncomfortable for some to watch and others might think its out of character. There are mos def other ways that are just as effective to portray Logan, and the bad choices he does make. Its not like it has to be done one way or bust.

Portraying Wolverine strictly as a hero in XMOW was a mistake. He was completely innocent during the whole team X and Weapon plus thing. It completely contradicted what was said in X2 and we probably should have seen him do some really jacked up stuff to people. From the pics online this film looks to take place after hes met Xavier ( I could be wrong) and not prior. That is a huge change on Logan as a character. Its hard for me to picture him making some more questionable decisions after. Hes a full on hero and practically a caretaker last we see him in the film franchise. Doesnt mean he cant go ape **** on bad guys, but if hes making some disturning bad moral choices, it could seem a bit off for his character imo. There should be limits once a character has already gone through change. I take it Aronofskys was pre X Men, so this might have been more acceptable for the character to grow and learn here from some more disturbing moral choices, but if its post meeting the X team I dont think it would go to well.

I trust Aronofsky as a film maker and think it would be awesome to see his version of the character. Im sure it would be radical change on screen from what weve seen. Doesnt mean others will or should agree.

Last edited by def28; 10-20-2012 at 02:19 PM.
def28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:20 PM   #4
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Fingers crossed the script just leaks on online. I wouldn't mind checking out a pdf of it.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The core of the japnese storyline Is wolverine falls for Mariko,Mariko Is forced by SHingen Into arranged marrage,Wolverine
Is defeated,he goes on rebound with Yuriko,wolverine takes on shingen and his forces,wolverine kills Shingen,wolverine and mariko come together,and forces get them apart
and eventully mariko Is killed.

It seems to me Aronofsky was being true to this core.Something you can't say about Ang Lee's hulk.

Aronofsky like Christopher Mcquarre before him sounds like he had good grasp of japanese storyline and wolverine In general.No characters who shouldn't be here were here.Brigning In Ogun shows he knows wolverine or did very through research on wolverine.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
The core of the japnese storyline Is wolverine falls for Mariko,Mariko Is forced by SHingen Into arranged marrage,Wolverine
Is defeated,he goes on rebound with Yuriko,wolverine takes on shingen and his forces,wolverine kills Shingen,wolverine and mariko come together,and forces get them apart
and eventully mariko Is killed.

It seems to me Aronofsky was being true to this core.Something you can't say about Ang Lee's hulk.

Aronofsky like Christopher Mcquarre before him sounds like he had good grasp of japanese storyline and wolverine In general.No characters who shouldn't be here were here.Brigning In Ogun shows he knows wolverine or did very through research on wolverine.
Aronofsky did his homework.

The stuff with Ogun is terrific.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:13 PM   #7
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Again, I agree that Logan's darkness needs to be explore.

But unfortunately, it should've been done in the last movie.

As it appears this movie takes place now in the present, Logan has to be more heroic
The X-men films put him in that place, so I wouldn't want to see that progression undone

And the thing that bothered me about the discussed train scene is that, knowing Aronofsky's past work, that scene would've been very tense and uncomfortable, not because lesbain sex is scaaary, just because that's how he films sexual moments, in very awkward, painful kinda ways.
Plus, I don't care how low Logan is, but watching a rape and doing nothing about it- or worse, getting off on it- makes you instantly unsympathetic. I could not care about seeing him redeemed after that.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 PM   #8
batman strikes
Side-Kick

When did Aronofsky's draft leak? Usually that kind of thing makes big news on the internet.

batman strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #9
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman strikes View Post
When did Aronofsky's draft leak? Usually that kind of thing makes big news on the internet.
It didn't really leak. I got my hands on a detailed 4000 word outline & haven't shared it here because the mods asked me not to.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:59 AM   #10
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 10-26-2012 at 01:46 AM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:32 PM   #11
Visceral
Side-Kick

wait....does wolverine have a threesome in the comic?

Old 10-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #12
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
wait....does wolverine have a threesome in the comic?
Nope.