The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #3
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

What the hell is going on?

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
B
[insert witty comment]

I'm gonna be visibly upset if we don't take 3 points from this game.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Evans will have to ride out the whole game with 2 subs already used.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 12-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #6
B
[insert witty comment]

Now Anderson is injured... ****, ****, ****, ****

Story of Anderson's United career, plays well for 3 or 4 games injured, misses a handful of games & never fully catches up with the beat of the team for the rest of the season.

Hope it's something minor.

And why has Phil Jones come on in midfield, where in the blue hell is Cleverley?

Old 12-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #7
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Now Anderson is injured... ****, ****, ****, ****

Story of Anderson's United career, plays well for 3 or 4 games injured, misses a handful of games & never fully catches up with the beat of the team for the rest of the season.

Hope it's something minor.

And why has Phil Jones come on in midfield, where in the blue hell is Cleverley?
They just let 3 goals in one half from Reading, bringing in another defender makes sense to me.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #8
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
They just let 3 goals in one half from Reading, bringing in another defender makes sense to me.
No disrespect, but I don't think we should need 5 defenders on the pitch against Reading. 4 will do just fine if they tighten up & all do their jobs correctly.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Welbeck should have came on for Ando and went to the right with Rooney moving centrally. That half was utterly farcical but fun.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-01-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
No disrespect, but I don't think we should need 5 defenders on the pitch against Reading. 4 will do just fine if they tighten up & all do their jobs correctly.
You shouldn't need 5 defenders against any team but if the first half is any indication, maybe we need 6.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #11
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Clevs would get bullied off the ball in the midfield, we need someone tough in there to take the knocks and help us clear set pieces. My heart is pumping!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

The only way I see Cleverly coming in is if United get a 2-3 goal lead, probably bring off either RVP or Rooney for Cleverly. Or if Evans keeps up the **** display Cleverly into the midfield and push Jones into defense.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Honestly, if SAF had any doubts that he needs help in midfield this game shows it. Little Jay Tabb bossing the midfield.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:43 PM   #14
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Was Sir Alex trying to show off his British talent today? With the exception of Evra (who could be excused as he is the team captain) and Lindegaard, Everyone else who finished the match was British, I guess. Centrebacks... check. Right Back... check. Central midfielders... check. wingers... check... Striker... check. Of course I don't really know which of them is Rooney coz he was everywhere again today.

Crazy first half though. Seven freakin' goals!
That change for Smalling for Rafael was a pretty good call... not only was Rafael on a yellow and getting beaten by their left winger, but Smalling is also good in the air and can help out the central midfielders especially in the set peices.

Phil Jones gets so nervous inside the D!

Old 12-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
Poeman
Banned User

Lol at Arsenal and LMAO at Chelsea

Old 12-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #16
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Well it was 3 points but not as we know it Jim! Honestly we are shambolic in midfield and defense right now, our strike force is keeping us in the hunt in every game.

The Mail claim we have sealed a deal to buy Lewandowski in the summer which makes no sense as he's a striker, it also seems we are going to be buying Strootman, yes an actual Central midfielder! In Nani replacement the Zaha rumours unfortunately continue but a more interesting option in Willian has surfaced as a possibility.

Speaking of transfers, at 2M Michu must be the buy of the season.

Anyone think a surprise team could grab a top 4 spot this season? I've always maintained squad depth will prevent it but this season could be different.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 12-02-2012, 09:39 AM   #17
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Anyone think a surprise team could grab a top 4 spot this season? I've always maintained squad depth will prevent it but this season could be different.
I think Everton have a chance. They'll need to bring in some players in January but yesterday, I think they should have beat City. You can say what you want about all the possession City had in the second half but they only equalized on a foolish penalty by Fellaini.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
kit1982
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post

Nah I still think Arsene will get Arsenal there, we seem to go through this every year where they lose a home game, everyone predicts the end is nigh, but whether it be an Arsenal players brilliance or another team bottling it, they're always there. People bang on about Everton's great start, but Arsenal are only 2 points off them, they're only 5 points off third. Noone outside the top two has any consistancy and even the top 2 aren't up to much (performance wise). It's a strange, strange season.

Speaking of Everton, Moyes is really getting on my tits now, every single week it's the ref's fault, good manager but lacks class IMO.

Anyone watch MK vs AFC? Some cracking goals and being the footballing scrooge I took some delight in MK's last minute winner!

Last edited by kit1982; 12-02-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
Dr. Evil
Gamora

What a great way for Beckham to end his MLS run

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #20
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Mourinho is great.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 12-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #21
Dr. Evil
Gamora

I hear that Los Angeles is looking for a big name international player to replace Beckham. They may have two designated player slots to fill as Landon Donovan might retire.

2013 is going to be a major transitional year for the two time reigning MLS Cup Champions.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I hear that Los Angeles is looking for a big name international player to replace Beckham. They may have two designated player slots to fill as Landon Donovan might retire.
I'd eat my hat if Frank Lampard didn't go there. It's almost a dead cert.

Landon won't retire, but he might join another team, probably Everton.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #23
Dr. Evil
Gamora

There are rumors of Kaka to MLS, particularly to LA, which I find to be a bit unrealistic.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Lampard and Kaka would both be ideal since who knows if Sao Paulo is going to allow Juninho out on loan again.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #25
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Kaka speaking English:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

He's going to have to do a lot of that if he goes to MLS.

Closed Thread