The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Between scenes in the 80s Spider-Man cartoons.
Posts: 37,499
Default Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Preferably franchises out of mainstream Marvel and DC

The Crow started with one well received film, problem is the first 15 minutes are messy imo, and had two bad sequels. I think this could have a good reboot
Green Hornet has an embarrassing version of Brit Reed, I'd love to see this get franchise get rebooted if no good sequel is green lit for it

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Keep The Crow the way it is. It's a classic and I doubt we'll see anything better.

But reboots...

Blade, Daredevil, Green Lantern, Spawn, Jonah Hex, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Swamp Thing, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:54 AM   #3
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Between scenes in the 80s Spider-Man cartoons.
Posts: 37,499
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Keep The Crow the way it is. It's a classic and I doubt we'll see anything better.
Better can happen, don't doubt

From your list

*Need a reboot:
Spawn, Jonah Hex, Swamp Thing

*Reboot is on the way
Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

As for Spider-Man, there's no need to reboot a reboot

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #4
ShredderX
Side-Kick
 
ShredderX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery/Atlanta
Posts: 1,016
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Better can happen, don't doubt

From your list

*Need a reboot:
Spawn, Jonah Hex, Swamp Thing

*Reboot is on the way
Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

As for Spider-Man, there's no need to reboot a reboot
Definately agree with Spawn, Swamp Thing, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I also like to see a reboot done of Howard the Duck, Heavy Metal, Dick Tracy, and Transformers

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:42 PM   #5
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Better can happen, don't doubt
Better? With the old rumor of Bradley Cooper as The Crow? Such a reboot will probably feature this hipster/emo character

Quote:
As for Spider-Man, there's no need to reboot a reboot
When the reboot is only better than Spider-Man 3, imo, then it definitely needs to be rebooted again. But, that's just my opinion.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #6
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Between scenes in the 80s Spider-Man cartoons.
Posts: 37,499
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Better? With the old rumor of Bradley Cooper as The Crow? Such a reboot will probably feature this hipster/emo character
Tobey Maguire was rumored to take a role in Life of Pi, but he didn't
Same might happen to that Cooper guy

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Tobey Maguire was rumored to take a role in Life of Pi, but he didn't
Same might happen to that Cooper guy
Wasn't Maguire only cut because Ang Lee wanted an international cast? Plus, I don't think changing an actor will do anything as the film itself will probably fit the "hipster/emo" demographic and be some sappy tale that only Twihards will enjoy. Look at the reboots you've got as of late where they have never been able to handle the material correctly and only mess things up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
BATMAN: no total reboot, maybe a soft reboot. like, ignore TDKR ever happend and start right where TDK ended.
Imo, that would be the dumbest thing. Ever. Of all time.

Let's just destroy Nolan's vision. Heck, let's make a sequel to The Prestige now!


Last edited by Anno_Domini; 12-30-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
James
Built from Lego
 
James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand/Canada
Posts: 4,138
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

I think Spiderman could do with a reboot in maybe 5 years or so. Give the franchise some time to breath and the audience at large time to forget, get it back under Marvel's in house control and go from there.

I'd also love to see a reboot of Ghost Rider, but I can't ever see it being a huge success no matter how well done the movie is. Sadly, a flaming skull motorbike riding spirit of vengeance just doesn't do it for most people. Personally I think it's freakin' awesome but it doesn't have the same appeal as more relateable superheroes.

The main one for me, which will obviously happen sooner or later, is Batman. I'm hoping for a more light hearted sci-fi friendly take this time around. I don't mean I want Adam West and Burt Ward running around on screen, but something that doesn't take itself quite so seriously as Nolan's trilogy would be great.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #9
S. Grundy
Side-Kick
 
S. Grundy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,855
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I think Spiderman could do with a reboot in maybe 5 years or so. Give the franchise some time to breath and the audience at large time to forget, get it back under Marvel's in house control and go from there.
It really didn't even need a reboot in the first place, and just continued telling stories with a new cast. But that would have probably meant Raimi would have to get a producers credit, and Sony/Columbia wanted to get rid of him.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #10
Thwip!
Side-Kick
 
Thwip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Carlow, Ireland
Posts: 1,574
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Daredevil, Blade, the Shadow, Green Lantern

__________________
My Deviantart
Thwip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:56 PM   #11
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45,410
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

The SPIRIT. The recent movie was an abomination of Eisner's character. It needs to be totally redone....and done right this time. Denny Colt has NO special recuperative powers ala Woolverine. Denny Colt has NO special pheromone power over women. Denny Colt DID NOT really die and be brought back to life by the bad guy.

The GREEN HORNET. The recent movie was another screwing over of a classic character. Britt Reid is not a moron. Britt Reid is not a child in a pudgy man's body. Britt Reid is not a moron. I repeat, for the movie producers who have never ever in their life read or watched anything pertaining to the Green Hornet....Britt Reid is not a moron.

DAREDEVIL. I personally liked the Ben Afleck movie (especially the director's cut)....but he will not be returning to the role. So restart it anew.

SWAMP THING. The first two were campy fun....but not great movies. They need to be redone with less humor and camp and with more creepy eerie spookiness.

Depending on how the new SUPERMAN movie does....I would like to see another SUPERGIRL and STEEL movie made. I think they should be originally introduced in the course of a Superman movie though.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #12
3rdstone
In a room full of mirrors
 
3rdstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Third Stone From The Sun
Posts: 1,897
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
The SPIRIT. The recent movie was an abomination of Eisner's character. It needs to be totally redone....and done right this time. Denny Colt has NO special recuperative powers ala Woolverine. Denny Colt has NO special pheromone power over women. Denny Colt DID NOT really die and be brought back to life by the bad guy.
Couldn't agree more. Eisner would rotate in his grave if he saw the result of this movie. The Spirit would've been interesting to see in a pulpy/noir kinda film IMO, but with great respect to the original comics.

__________________
- Borg? That sounds Swedish.
- They don't look Swedish to me!
..............................................
- If you don't eat your meat you can't have any pudding! How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!?

3rdstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #13
soundofyousick
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 191
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

I think there is more chance of a Howard the Duck reboot than the Spirit, I think they will be made, just not within this lifetime unfortunately.

soundofyousick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #14
Baramos
Side-Kick
 
Baramos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 818
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Green Hornet has an embarrassing version of Brit Reed, I'd love to see this get franchise get rebooted if no good sequel is green lit for it
If they reboot Green Hornet it should be based on Green Hornet: Year One which was absolutely excellent. It should definitely be a period piece, no more trying to adapt it to modern day or adapting the Kevin Smith Green Hornet comic book (which was what the movie seemed to be based on). 1938 or so, people.

I'd love to see a reboot of The Shadow from the new Garth Ennis book, as well. Heck if they eventually made a version of Masks then with Green Hornet and Kato, The Shadow, and The Spider, etc. that would be great as well.

Baramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:42 AM   #15
Mace Dolex
Powerful User
 
Mace Dolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,043
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

While Darkman wasn't based on a comic it was inspired by them I think it deserves a reboot.

__________________
There are farts that smell bad and then there are farts that smell really bad, if you have one of those real bad smelly ones then that's the first signs of diarrhea.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #16
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,384
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

DAREDEVIL: now that the rights went back to the House of Ideas it is time for a DD film that does the character justice and is part of a bigger universe. personally I would enjoy if they focus on the San Francisco years of DD to set it apart of the FOX version and then let him return to Hell's Kitchen in the sequel. maybe establish his relationship with Black Widow.

BATMAN: no total reboot, maybe a soft reboot. like, ignore TDKR ever happend and start right where TDK ended. a similar version but not as extreme as Nolans 'realism'. leave at least some doors open for a couple of the more fantastical concepts. not pure nonsense like Killer Crock, but if the Penguin is too unrealistic for the Nolan bros. then there is something wrong with their vision.

SPIDER-MAN: As soon as possible. I have no idea how to do it, but Webb gave me a very good impression of how to do it not.

FANTASTIC FOUR: It may take one or two years until FOX loses the rights to Marvel's first family. and of course they play the old 'oh, we are totally working on this movie, like, we already have the first page of the script written and we have announced a release date which is absolutely legally binding and stuff' game they already played with DD, but it is FOX we are talking about, so I'm very positive as late as 2015 the rights for the FF are with MS and we can explore their adventures as it was always meant to be.

SUPERMAN: hire a proper filmmaker for a Superman movie. One that gets the source material and doesn't care first and foremost what he considers as style and make it fun to watch.

GREEN LANTERN
: whatever way they go with the reboot it can't be worse than their first try to bring that character to the big screen. and it is time GL gets recognized as one of the best characters DC has to offer. hire a good actor. and with good I don't mean Ryan Reynolds.

TMNT: Stop the Michael Bay BS before it happens and focus on a sequel of the TMNT movie instead. okay, that's not a reboot.

THE ROCKETEER
: I just want to see a new Rocketeer movie. The first one was awesome (Jennifer Connelly!!). It is time to bring the fun and action of The rocketeer back on the screens.

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:23 AM   #17
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
DAREDEVIL: now that the rights went back to the House of Ideas it is time for a DD film that does the character justice and is part of a bigger universe. personally I would enjoy if they focus on the San Francisco years of DD to set it apart of the FOX version and then let him return to Hell's Kitchen in the sequel. maybe establish his relationship with Black Widow.

BATMAN: no total reboot, maybe a soft reboot. like, ignore TDKR ever happend and start right where TDK ended. a similar version but not as extreme as Nolans 'realism'. leave at least some doors open for a couple of the more fantastical concepts. not pure nonsense like Killer Crock, but if the Penguin is too unrealistic for the Nolan bros. then there is something wrong with their vision.

SPIDER-MAN: As soon as possible. I have no idea how to do it, but Webb gave me a very good impression of how to do it not.

FANTASTIC FOUR: It may take one or two years until FOX loses the rights to Marvel's first family. and of course they play the old 'oh, we are totally working on this movie, like, we already have the first page of the script written and we have announced a release date which is absolutely legally binding and stuff' game they already played with DD, but it is FOX we are talking about, so I'm very positive as late as 2015 the rights for the FF are with MS and we can explore their adventures as it was always meant to be.

SUPERMAN: hire a proper filmmaker for a Superman movie. One that gets the source material and doesn't care first and foremost what he considers as style and make it fun to watch.

GREEN LANTERN
: whatever way they go with the reboot it can't be worse than their first try to bring that character to the big screen. and it is time GL gets recognized as one of the best characters DC has to offer. hire a good actor. and with good I don't mean Ryan Reynolds.

TMNT: Stop the Michael Bay BS before it happens and focus on a sequel of the TMNT movie instead. okay, that's not a reboot.

THE ROCKETEER
: I just want to see a new Rocketeer movie. The first one was awesome (Jennifer Connelly!!). It is time to bring the fun and action of The rocketeer back on the screens.
HOLY **** i nearly lost it if you mean house of safe by the numbers formulaic blockbusters then sure

marvel has made 1 great film that is iron man that is the only marvel film that some depth to it and actually had it's own voice

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #18
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme
 
R_Hythlodeus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: vienna, austria (europe) 6.784 km east of new york
Posts: 5,384
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
HOLY **** i nearly lost it if you mean house of safe by the numbers formulaic blockbusters then sure

a little history lesson for the ignorant:
'House of Ideas' is a slogan first used by Lee in 1963 and reappeared since that time numerous times in offical Marvel publications as well as the famous House of Ideas panels at multiple comic conventions. It is iften used as a synonyme for Marvel.
First appearance here:


but, well, whatever

__________________
every Summer
Some Dude **** Sexy Chick **** The Supporting Cast **** Evil British Guy
in
RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------


ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic


R_Hythlodeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #19
kedrell
Band user
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,392
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
HOLY **** i nearly lost it if you mean house of safe by the numbers formulaic blockbusters then sure

marvel has made 1 great film that is iron man that is the only marvel film that some depth to it and actually had it's own voice
I count 3 great films they've made along with 3 other good films they've made. As opposed to Sony/Fox/Lionsgate/Universal who collectively still have yet to make a great superhero film from their Marvel properties and only maybe 4 good films between them and 3 or 4 so-so movies. And then there's WB/DC which haven't made a great superhero film since the 1970's and have only a couple of other good ones(only one of which was made recently).

So yeah, I'd stack MS's track record against any other studio doing this genre any day of the week.

__________________
Insert witty comment here______________.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #20
cryptic name
No Limits
 
cryptic name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 8,925
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Swamp Thing absolutely deserves to be rebooted, with a dark, mind bending film hewing close to Alan Moore's run on the comic. In a perfect world it would be directed by Guillermo Del Toro.

__________________
"All I really need to know is this: Batman always comes back, bigger and better, shiny and new. Batman never dies. It never ends. It probably never will."

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #21
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
Swamp Thing absolutely deserves to be rebooted, with a dark, mind bending film hewing close to Alan Moore's run on the comic. In a perfect world it would be directed by Guillermo Del Toro.
Agreed. But, also in said perfect world, the Swamp Thing reboot will have to wait for del Toro to finally make Hellboy 3 first, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
ChickenScratch
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Queens, NY, USA
Posts: 5,208
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Daredevil needs a reeboot and a good one too.

ChickenScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:20 AM   #23
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Punisher.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:07 PM   #24
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 205
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

I'll add Elektra.

Tristan_McClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #25
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Comic films you think should be rebooted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan_McClark View Post
I'll add Elektra.
I'd be happy to just see her in the Daredevil reboot.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.